PDA

View Full Version : one thing after another

ButterflyRN
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
So why is it when one thing goes wrong it all just snowballs! My flare up got so bad this time attacking my muscles that I had to quit my job. In hopes of just getting good rest with my new found freedom to get back to good health, my dog starts to get sick and we still don't know what's wrong with him. One good thing is I did get my old desk job as an employee health nurse offered back at a reduced amount of hours that I figured would be good to allow me to still get better yet work a little and use my brain...lol! And now I am getting closer to starting work again, my lupus just keeps causing problems. Now my feet as of saturday are 4 times their size and I have 3+ Protein in my urine! Joy! What else....I don't know to scream, cry or run away!!! Maybe drinking....LOL!

Had to vent! You know one of these days I'm going to have some good news to share, not all this crazy lupus flare crap!

gina
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Wow you sound so angry sorry your going thru this. but at least you can go back to desk duty instead of not having a job at all, especially in this economy. my ex and son and boyfriend all are laid off.

Try and keep feet elevated. what did doc do for your protein in urine?
try and hang in there it will pass soon.

but keep venting it will help you. so not stressing so much.

sending you a great big hug:yes:

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Get it all out of your system VENTING is awesome if you don't get it out it can turn to depression and make you worse. Plain and simple it sucks and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this but I am happy to hear you are not quitting and actually trying to work and go on with your life. Remember give yourself a break you can only do as much as your body allows you to but keep your spirits up. Hug your dog and have him lie in your lap when he's sick and you're sick and go through sick cuddle time together :) It will help the two of you. I have been out with flu-like symptoms since last Thursday along with joint pain etc.. and today me and my dogs are doing the cuddling sick day and relaxing and enjoying each others company--sometimes itís better than drinking. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, I hope you get through this flare quickly and are able to have better days ahead soon.

ritzbit
07-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I know what you mean, if its not one thing its another. And it really sucks. Things will start to get better before you know it though.

I hope that soon you will start to feel well again =D

abbasgirl
07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
When it rains it pours. (((((hugs)))) Come on over and I'll pour us some wine. Merlot? How about some chocolate?

How's your pet pooch?

Angel Oliver
07-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Oh im sad to read you are going through all this.Hope something eases soon and yes keep those legs up on a foot stool with pillars.So hope also your dog begins to feel better soon too,i know what a worry it is when a pet is sick.Thinking of you.

love
Amanda.xxxxxx

SandyR
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Vent, baby, vent!!!! We all understand!

iseedeadmonkeys
07-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Its a darn pain in the ass,
Always happens to come in snowballs rather than one thing at a time,

So rant and vent away

Where's the drink? your place or mine?

ISDM
xxx

ButterflyRN
07-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks everyone! The nephrologist increased my lasix to daily but it doesn't do a whole lot. My feet are still huge. The swelling will go down temporarily when I have my feet up but as soon as I put them on the floor....they are huge again. My husband is calling them Shrek feet....LOL! The skin hurts. Just have to get thorough today/tomorrow and then I'll call the doc again on Monday. My stomach has been in knots- It gets all upset, I get anxious and then it will calm. I just have myself all worked up. I don't do well when new symptoms arise, and this leg/foot swelling is not one I want to deal with right now. I can't even wear flip flops comfortably! Ugg!!

My doggie is doing better though thank goodness. It looks like he has a acute bout with pancreatitis. He's getting back to his old self so that helps reduce my stress!

What's funny about all of this is, I can deal with a flare. I can deal with my kidneys being involved again. I just can't deal with huge feet....LOL! It stresses me out!

Thanks again for all of your support. I know if it wasn't for all of you this disease would be hard to get through! You are all the best!

abbasgirl
07-06-2009, 09:20 AM
So sorry your feet are still so swollen. Darn! Today is monday...what did the doc say? How are you?

Glad to hear the doggie is better! :cute:

I try to look at situations like this, (being trapped in one place), as an opportunity to catch up on my reading. My mom will bring over lots of her magazines and I keep my mind busy with new ideas for decorating, etc... I love her Mary engelbreit, bird watchers, southern magazines... and I remind myself this is not going to last forever. Even though it feels like it already has.

I brought some merlot...for anyone who wants it. Although it may be a little early right now. lol.

magistramarla
07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, it does seem that everything just builds on everything else. This summer just seems to be full of a lot of stress for many of us. That is what is so great about this group! We're all in this together, and we all understand what it's all about.
I'm glad that your dog is feeling better. I'm dealing with two very elderly and ill cats right now, so I know what it's like.
Take care of yourself, too and get to feeling better!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
hi butterflyrn,

i am so sorry that i have not joined in supporting you through these past few days. Once again, this thread was just highlighted for the first time.....i don't know what is going on with our threads.

OMG, i am so sorry for your grief. Thankfully, we have so many supportive members who have been here for you.

I can understand the swollen feet bothering you more than the kidneys, everytime you look at your feet, you are reminded of your battle with this bastardly disease. You don't see your kidneys, therefore you don't get the constant reminder. Don't know if i am correct, but sure sounds possible.

I wish we could all get together and run all of these problems out of your body....

take care, and let us know what the dr. said today.

Danica01
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, it is Monday and I hope you were able to get some relief from the doctor today. It is really hard when everything comes at you at once......it makes it a little tricky to dodge all the balls that life is throwing at you. It is funny how there are certain symptoms of a flare we each can handle. I have a hard time handling the whole memory thing because I am an accountant. The one good thing is, bigger feet, greater range to stomp on things:-) Hang in there love and we are here anytime you need us, just vent as much as you need to!!!!

:angelic:

MicRoMediC
07-07-2009, 06:27 AM
I know what you mean. Pretty ironic but my status update on facebook says "why is it that when it rains it pours?" I'm sorry you're going through this, I'm going through a lot myself. Hope things are better, I'm finally going back to my rheumatologist tomorrow. Have a better day. Thoughts and prayers always.

ButterflyRN
07-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind messages. My feet are doing a little bit better. I know I should not have but I stopped the generic cellcept that I was just switched to (thanks to insurance) and kept my feet up all weekend and they are doing a little bit better. I'm a little frustrated because I called my nephrologist's office yesterday and left a message for the RN and she hasn't returned my call. I'll give her a few more hours and then I'll have to call her again. I see my rhuemy on Thursday so if noone wants to take charge then I won't leave his office until he has spoken with my nephrologist. I'm going to go pick up a copy of my lab results later today to see where things stand. It's hard when you deal not only with this illness but you have to do the job of the office staff of your physician's also!

Just a quick question for all of you, I started having this feeling when I wake in the mornings (not daily but every few days) as if when I swallow I have a piece of hard candy stuck in my chest and it hurts for a couple of minutes. THe last few times it lasted just a couple hours, but today it has been persistant and has lasted almost 6 hours. It is finally settled down some after 4 tums and a little bit of milk. I wonder if it's just the lupus affecting my esophagus or if I am getting a little indigestion from the recent stress. I don't have heartburn, just that awful discomfort when I swallow. It feels like the saliva is trying to get past a ball in the middle of my chest. If I don't swallow I'm in good shape....LOL! Just wondered if any of you have experienced anything like this.

Danica01
07-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I have experienced that a few times. My doctor told me it was caused from having acid reflux through out the night. There is over the counter medicine that you can take once a day or your doctor can give you something a bit stronger for it. I would make sure to write it down and ask your doctor Thursday or if you EVER get a call back from the nurse, you can ask her. It is so frustrating when you need a little relief and it takes the doctors office so long to call you back! Hang in there love and just think you will see a doctor in a few days and I will cross my fingers that you get the call from the nurse. Keep us posted on everything and talk to us anytime you need to or want to!!! Here is a website on acid reflux that might help you figure out if this is what you are having:

http://www.healthcentral.com/acid-reflux/introduction-000085_4-145.html

:angelic:

ButterflyRN
07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks Danica! My rheumatologist is going to call me something in tomorrow.

I did talk with my doctors today and things don't look so good right now. My 24 hour urine showed that I have 6 grams of Protein!!! The worst it has ever been in my almost 20 years with lupus! I have to call the nephrologist ASAP in the morning and get seen!!! I guess it will be back on cytoxan for me and I am alright with that. It has always helped me! Of course all these things happen after hours. I will get seen or speak with the physician ASAP!!!

I will keep you all updated!