PDA

View Full Version : Disturbia.....AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

crmj1183
07-02-2009, 05:34 AM
I kinda feel like Im being a big baby. Everyday Im complaining?? I dont know, but I usually dont have flares so its really working on me and my nerves. I feel like a monster. Its been raining here in Michigan for the last four days and the rain really bothers me. Does anyone else get joint pain in the rain??? First, it was my stomach now my legs:wacko:. I cant wait to begin to feel better.

Oluwa
07-02-2009, 08:35 AM
CRMJ...It isn't complaining, it is sharing how you feel....

The rain, I have no issues with but I do notice the winters in the south I am at my worse. November to April. Barometric pressure changes?

Tweak your personal life...like we had spoke about in a different thread and you may see some changes in the way your body feels. Remember be selfish with yourself, care for you..care for yourself like you would another.

I've had several very stressing events in my life and each time, my flare was mammoth size...and when I worked on finding a calm in my spirit, in my mind...the symptoms released a lot and I returned to my 'norm'. Norm doesn't mean symptom free..just means pain and fatigue I can deal with..my everyday. I really have yet to be symptom free for about 9 years, but I wasn't diagnosed until 5 years ago.

Stomach? Like pain? Medicine maybe the cause...

Legs...joint pain or through out? Rest Leg Syndrome? I have that...not nice when it activates.

Enjoy this day..I am.
Love,
Oluwa

crmj1183
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah ur right, I havent had a flare since 2007 and I think its really working on me. I havent really been able to do any extra curricular activities or even hang out for that matter I feel kinda lonely :( My best friend is married with 3 kids and never really has time for me, I mean if I can get a hold of her she is very supportive but She almost never answers her phine she is one of thise people. I'll be fine Im sure, just a little down sometimes, but Im ok. Thx for responding. Today will be a good day:cute:

Angel Oliver
07-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi my name is Amanda, awarded the 1st class prize in 2002/3/4 up to 2009 for always moaning,venting,crying,fighting and chocolate eating :)

This place is your s n mine and many more safe haven.We all come here to vent.Getting it out is what makes you feel a little better knowing 'someone ' understands.
In normal life,some people 'think' they understand and like you...i have a friend just the same.She always says call im here for you...so i do ,she doesnt answer or says..i'll call you back.Always on her terms n not mine.Doesnt help at all just makes me feel lonely n unwanted.

Here there is always someone to help and support you.So from now on ...remember its ok to say anything here.Oh epecailly if its about chocolate as well lol.

Yes, for me i have leg swelling problems,but its any weather.But when the rain comes funnily enough i feel rusty.Ive recently been told i have Fibromyalgia,so maybe its that.But you rest up and never feel isolated..we are here.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

crmj1183
07-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Thx AngelOLiver, I guess I needed to hear that I was being a big baby LOL, sometimes feel as if your complaining if you're not feeling well and verbally express it. Im surronded by alot of tough people. They're all like dont let lupus defeat you...... blah blah blah.

widebody
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
CRMJ- Every time I see your pic on here, i feel a little better just because your smile is so great. So it's tough to hear you're not feeling well, but I think it's healthy to vent here, where people know what you're going through. I just got through my first flare, and it was tough just feeling so crappy for so long, and knowing that people who don't have lupus or something similar can't really relate. I am lucky in that I get a lot of support, but I also get the fakey-fake pep talks which I (barely) tolerate. Hang in there, and never be afraid to vent!

crmj1183
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Widebody,
Awwwww, thanks buddy that was really sweet. You guys are definitely making it better for me to cope with

abbasgirl
07-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Does the weather affect your stomach? I'm beginning to wonder if it's affecting mine.

I get bad head pains before it rains and during.

My joints hurt no matter what.

It's not complaining... i agree with that. You gotta get it off your chest. In fact, Kathy started a social group just for that...we need to vent or we'll pop.

If your friend isn't a phone person, maybe she'd love a visit from you? I'm like that. I hate to talk on the phone, I can't help it. But I love it when my friends pop over. I'd hate it if one of my friend's/family needed me and I knew nothing about it.

((((hugs))))

dsunshine
07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I had really bad joint/flare ups when it was winter/raining. The cold made me curl up into myself and was simply the worse feeling EVER....so yes, the cold/rain is dreadful....but I gotta say you look great on your pick! Hang in there and stay warm...socks/gloves (i use to sleep with gloves on) just try to stay warm is my best advice!

SandyR
07-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Chris, I can understand how you are feeling. Your symptoms (stomach pain, leg swelling, joint pain - more with rain) mirror the symptoms and order of symptoms of the flare I am just coming out of. I live in NY. It has rained her something crazy (about 45 out of the last 60 days) and the rain seems to bother my joints - especially the right elbow- too. All this kept me from partaking in any activity outside of work, and even work sometimes. Oluwa has good advice, try tweaking your personal life, it helped me to get through this flare and I am sure it will help you too.
Sandy