PDA

View Full Version : I am loosing it.

debbie-b
07-01-2009, 03:57 PM
For the last about 30 years, I have always worked with money, cashregisters and so on. I have never had any cash shortages. I have been with my present company for four years, never had a problem. And now for three days straight, I have been short, $30, 10 and today $5 and I don't know why.
After the $30 I was extra careful and double checked. I do have the brain fog really bad right now, but I really watch what I am doing and I am still short. Nobody has said anything to me, because they know, that this has never happend before. But I am scared now, what am I going to do? I am scared, that people would think that I am stealing, it is so upsetting to me.
What can I do?

Debbie

KATROACH1972
07-01-2009, 04:01 PM
I am sorry sweetie. It still can be the brain fog, when lupus attacked my cns 5 months straight, I could not do simple stuff. I was put on Cellcept 2000mgs, and it cleared up after a few weeks. I hope u feel better soon! hugs Kathy

ashleybaby715
07-01-2009, 04:36 PM
awhh trust me , it'll be ok

at work, they're training me at reception desk
and i went to transfer a call to 2513
but everytime i would go to do it, i would press 2531
switching up 13 and 31
ahhhhhhhh it was soo frustrating and the worst thing is that i was saying 2513
...i felt so dumb
but they understood why i was doing it, so it was ok.

WantItGone
07-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm so sorry you have to be worried about this. If you are like most of us on here, you don't need another thing to worry about. Lol. I hope everything works out!

crmj1183
07-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Its a tough call, I would probably wait to see if theybring it up to u before I explain. And when the time comes I would justbe honest. Im sure everything will work out. Stay strong

Danica01
07-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I am an accountant and I handle money quite a bit. Are there steps set up for when something like this happen?If the company has a policy regarding this type of situation file the discrepancies right a way. And follow the companies policy from there. By taking care of it with your supervisor right from the beginning they are shown that you are honest and that you take your job seriously. Just follow your employers policies and everything will come out just find!!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and I will send you a gentle hug so that you do not feel alone :hug:

gina
07-02-2009, 04:55 AM
I know how you feel. i am an office asst. i have put in numbers wrong in quickbooks and was called on it and told them what the numbers were but entered them wrong. i have check names off on payroll sheets but didn't enter there time. Here they call it brain fog, an i have been walking around like that for months. my spelling has gotten worse, i even forgot my sons birthday and that may me feel bad. does your register tell you how much change to give back, i know you said you double check but watch the numbers you put in also maybe putting wrong amount so register tells you wrong change, just a thought.

i can't tell you how long it last, but if your employer knows what you have tell them you are having cognitve thinking problems right now and will do you best to watch your money, they should understand if they know your sick. my does thats why she double checks me more than she use too. i feel bad because its someone elses money i have not paid there cc on time and they were charged late fees and they didn't make me pay them back.

so hang in there it won't last forever. :spinny:

debbie-b
07-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks everybody,

Today everything cashed out perfectly. But it took every once of concentration I had, I checked and double checked. The problem is too, this company, (a sort of grocery store) is all about speed, we have to scan 48 items a minute and move customers out the door fast. And fast is something you just can't do with brain fog, it's either fast or correct. When I am not fogging to bad, i can do both. I really don't want to have to tell management what is going on, because I could loose my job. I had carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgery, all work related injuries, after I got back from a three months sick leave, they gave me six weeks, to be back at 100%, up to speed and indurance or they would have to let me go. The pay is really good, insurance and benefits are excellend, what can I say. Having to concentrate like this was very exhausting, on top of the physical exhaustion.

Debbie

abbasgirl
07-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Debbie ((((hugs))))

I can't remember if you're here in the US but there are laws that say they cannot get rid of you and they have to understand your disability... they can get into trouble for treating you differently.

It's bad enough to have the health problems but to have to worry about your job too... ((((more hugs))))

debbie-b
07-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Debbie ((((hugs))))

I can't remember if you're here in the US but there are laws that say they cannot get rid of you and they have to understand your disability... they can get into trouble for treating you differently.

It's bad enough to have the health problems but to have to worry about your job too... ((((more hugs))))

I am in NY State, but don't you have to have a certain amount of disability, like 30,40,50 %, verified by a doctor? I don't know how that works.

Debbie

abbasgirl
07-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Employers have to give you reasonable accommodations. They have to cut you some slack. It would have to be verified by a doctor if the employer wants it verified. Sometimes a boss will understand. At my last job, the pain in my feet were getting in the way of doing my job quickly. My boss said if I need to rest, to rest. She was very understanding. Unfortunately, my pain grew too severe and I realized I couldn't do it anymore and quit. She would have kept me on but I knew this was getting worse and wouldn't stop...and we had no clue at the time what was causing it.

Have you talked to your doctor about it? Do you think it would be easier on you to work at the express lane with less items? Maybe you could work in the office with accounting?

debbie-b
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Employers have to give you reasonable accommodations. They have to cut you some slack. It would have to be verified by a doctor if the employer wants it verified. Sometimes a boss will understand. At my last job, the pain in my feet were getting in the way of doing my job quickly. My boss said if I need to rest, to rest. She was very understanding. Unfortunately, my pain grew too severe and I realized I couldn't do it anymore and quit. She would have kept me on but I knew this was getting worse and wouldn't stop...and we had no clue at the time what was causing it.

Have you talked to your doctor about it? Do you think it would be easier on you to work at the express lane with less items? Maybe you could work in the office with accounting?

Well my manager would understand, but the store managers can not do anything without upper management approval and upper management has the philosophy " either you can do your job 100% or you need to find something else". We do not have an express line and I don't think I can go into accounting, the brain fog is to bad right now, to learn anything new.
I have been right on the money, the last few days, but boy my brain is mush when I come home from work, because I have to concentrate so much. It used to come natural, but now I even mix up numbers, I see the total on the screen, but my mouth says something different, all mixed up.
I will talk to my doctor. Thank you for your input.

Debbie

Danica01
07-06-2009, 08:34 PM

abbasgirl...........you are very right!!!!!!!!!!! Here in the United States our employers have to accommodate us to a certain degree but they can not wrongful terminate us. I have always found a bit of comfort in that.

debbie-b.....most employers keep an employee file for each employee. I suggest you have a doctor write a little note summarizing your disease and the limitations you may have. Put it in your file and there is documentation that you have a disease that has special needs . Also, when ever you miss work because you are flaring up or have to go in because you had an appointment make sure you get written documentation for your file. That way your employer can never come back at you in regards to your illness. I made sure I did this at the accounting firm I worked at and they were aware of it and I never had a problem. Good luck and keep us posted and remember YOU never have to be sorry about your disease!!!!!!

debbie-b
07-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi Danica,

That is a good idea, I am going to talk to my doc about it.
Thank you everybody.

Debbie