PDA

View Full Version : My Wheel Chair

wrightrs
07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Well I got my laptop back. After that my mom fell. They think she may be having some kind a strokes or something. They told her to use a walker til she finds out why she falls. Her back hurts so bad. She won't use her walker. They told her not to drive also. So I've been taking her everywhere.

My insurance denied my wheel chair. So I found one on Ebay. We had to drive all the way to Oklahoma to pick it up. We went this past Friday. Came back Sunday. My husband and I took turns driving. It was 2050 miles round trip. It took 40 hours round trip. We passed so many places I always wanted to go but we couldn't stop. My husband had to be back a work Monday. We sent one night in a hotel.

The wheel chair is in very good condition. The man that had it is very sick. He had to get a new one custom made. He seemed so lonely. He didn't want us to leave. We wish he didn't live so far we would visit him. Carrie Underwood's (American Idol) is his neighbor. He love to talk about her. She one of my favorite also.

I'm so happy with my wheel chair. Now I can go to the places I couldn't for so long. I'm angry because my insurance and doctors tried go deny me that. But my prayer where answered.

My husband said he hopes he can go with me the next time I go to the doctor. He says he wants to see his face when I roll in with my chair.

abbasgirl
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm so glad you have it and are more mobile now, but so sad you had to go to such great lengths to get it.

Sorry to hear about your Mom...I hope she's going to be okay.

Ask hubby if he'd care to take a pic of the doc's face... I'd like to see that too!! lol.

debbie-b
07-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I am glad, that you got your wheelchair. But it is a shame that you had to jump through all those hoops.
I hope your mom is better now.

Debbie

DrinkofWtr
07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I am happy that you now have more mobility with your new wheelchair. Carrie Underwood is one of my favorite singers also.

mountaindreamer
07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
welcome back becky,

i have missed you and have been wondering about your chair. I just can't believe that everyone turned you down....we have to fight for so much, and this really takes the cake.

what a trip you and your husband made cross country. It is a shame that you could not stop and see the things that you wanted....but now you have a chair and maybe you can plan future trips. That was very supportive of him to make such a long trip over the weekend.

hooray for getting the computer back. browse around and see what has been going on, and make sure that you join in our threads.

Danica01
07-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I want to start by saying how sorry I am that your mother is going through a rough time. You are amazing for taking such good care of her. My grandma can not get around by herself anymore and my mama has to take care of her and drive her around everywhere. My mom does not think twice about doing it but I do see the worry and exhaustion in her eyes. I hope that when my mother is unable to get around that I am capable of taking care of her. You and my mom inspire me :angelic:

I am soooooo happy that you have your chair! I hope this opens the world back up to you and you can start enjoying life a little bit more! The trip you made was so long but just think, you brought joy to the lonely man and he will never forget the time you spent with him. I am sorry you were not able to stop at more places but just write them down and when you are well enough plan a road trip with your husband. You can drive and spend time with your loved one and explore the wonderful Untied States!!!!!!! It will give you something to look forward to!

Keep us posted on how you like your chair and how your mama is doing. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and I am sending gentle hugs to noth of you tonight :hug:

Angel Oliver
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
You are such a lovely daughter and a great friend.So glad you had time to make converstaion with that man,you probably made his year.Well done.
Yes and so happy you have your chair.Make sure you get a video taken as you wheel in....lets see if your doctor actually listens and helps you better now.

Lots of love to a great person.

Love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

crmj1183
07-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Im so glad you got your wheelchair, these insurance companies are something else. You have the right attitude and things will work out if you remain positive. Im glad your prayers were answered:yes:

Spanglishqueen
07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Outstanding story. It's nice you were able to have a cross-country trip and meet someone who has a made a tiny difference in your life and you in his. Not only did you get a wonderful wheelchair but you made some pretty cool memories.

red246
07-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear that you were able to get a chair, sorry it took so much for you to get it. If you don't mind my asking, why did the insurance company deny it? Were you trying to get an electric one? I'm asking because I may need to get one pretty soon. We have one that we picked up at a flea market, but it's not electric & has no footrests. I don't have the energy/strength to push it by myself & I don't like having to depend on having the kids w/me all the time to be my "chauffers". :)

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm so glad you have it and are more mobile now, but so sad you had to go to such great lengths to get it.

Sorry to hear about your Mom...I hope she's going to be okay.

Ask hubby if he'd care to take a pic of the doc's face... I'd like to see that too!! lol.

Thanks my Mother is doing some better now. But we are still looking into why she keep falling. But I love my power chair. My husbands is still working on the ramps and a way for me to get it in and out of the car.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I am glad, that you got your wheelchair. But it is a shame that you had to jump through all those hoops.
I hope your mom is better now.

Debbie

Yes my doctor was all for me getting the chair. But he didn't stand up for me with my insurance. My mom is doing some better down.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I am happy that you now have more mobility with your new wheelchair. Carrie Underwood is one of my favorite singers also.

Yes we Love Carrie in our family. I didn't realize she was from such a small town. We love Kelly Pickler too. She from Albemarle NC. About 40 mile from Charlotte. Where I live. Seen her house too. Kelly Pickler talks about being from a small town. But Albemarle NC is big compared to where Carrie's from. We go to Albemarle a lot. Because my Sister lives close to Albemarle. Everybody there knows where Kelly's house is.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
welcome back becky,

i have missed you and have been wondering about your chair. I just can't believe that everyone turned you down....we have to fight for so much, and this really takes the cake.

what a trip you and your husband made cross country. It is a shame that you could not stop and see the things that you wanted....but now you have a chair and maybe you can plan future trips. That was very supportive of him to make such a long trip over the weekend.

hooray for getting the computer back. browse around and see what has been going on, and make sure that you join in our threads.

I'm so happy with my chair. My husband is still working on ramps and a way to get it in and out of the car. I've been looking on Ebay and Craigs list too. But don't want to drive so far to pick it up next time.

We hope we can go back to some of the places we drove by and be able to spent more time.

Thanks for all you support I problely wouldn't have fault so hard with out it.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I want to start by saying how sorry I am that your mother is going through a rough time. You are amazing for taking such good care of her. My grandma can not get around by herself anymore and my mama has to take care of her and drive her around everywhere. My mom does not think twice about doing it but I do see the worry and exhaustion in her eyes. I hope that when my mother is unable to get around that I am capable of taking care of her. You and my mom inspire me :angelic:

I am soooooo happy that you have your chair! I hope this opens the world back up to you and you can start enjoying life a little bit more! The trip you made was so long but just think, you brought joy to the lonely man and he will never forget the time you spent with him. I am sorry you were not able to stop at more places but just write them down and when you are well enough plan a road trip with your husband. You can drive and spend time with your loved one and explore the wonderful Untied States!!!!!!! It will give you something to look forward to!

Keep us posted on how you like your chair and how your mama is doing. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and I am sending gentle hugs to noth of you tonight :hug:

So sorry about your Grandmother. I know it does wear your Mother down. My Mother took care of my Grandmother too when she was sick. I saw how tired she was too.

We hope to go back to some of those places. My husband says we may even go back and see the man again. We even talk to him on the phone now.
He told us he was coming to see us too. But I doubt he would be able to do that.

My Mother is some better now. But we are still looking into why she keeps falling.

I love my new chair and it's going to be great to go places and not to have to sit on a bench and wait for everybody to come back.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 02:21 PM
You are such a lovely daughter and a great friend.So glad you had time to make converstaion with that man,you probably made his year.Well done.
Yes and so happy you have your chair.Make sure you get a video taken as you wheel in....lets see if your doctor actually listens and helps you better now.

Lots of love to a great person.

Love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your my good friend too !!! I need one of those hidden cameras. I'm so happy with my chair. My Mother is doing better. I take her to a doctor soon about why she falls.

Yes that man calls us now. My husband usually talks to him. He tell us he has pneumonia now. He has so many heath problems. It's so sad. He such a nice man. He lives in such a small town far away from anything.

Lots of love back to a great person

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Im so glad you got your wheelchair, these insurance companies are something else. You have the right attitude and things will work out if you remain positive. Im glad your prayers were answered:yes:

Thanks so much. I glad now I got it on my own. It would have cost me way more if I got it though my insurance anyway. So it all worked out. Prayers seem to get answered that way sometimes.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Outstanding story. It's nice you were able to have a cross-country trip and meet someone who has a made a tiny difference in your life and you in his. Not only did you get a wonderful wheelchair but you made some pretty cool memories.

Thanks, Yes it was a cool trip. And so unplanned which is not like us at all. Hope we can go to those places again. We hardly ever go anywhere. Now we are planning to go on more trips.

I love your Dog pic so cute.

wrightrs
07-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Glad to hear that you were able to get a chair, sorry it took so much for you to get it. If you don't mind my asking, why did the insurance company deny it? Were you trying to get an electric one? I'm asking because I may need to get one pretty soon. We have one that we picked up at a flea market, but it's not electric & has no footrests. I don't have the energy/strength to push it by myself & I don't like having to depend on having the kids w/me all the time to be my "chauffers". :)

Yes it was a power chair. I'm not sure why they denied it. I hope to see the report the next time I go to the doctor. It was a shocked to me they denied it. The place that I was going to get the chair from told me, that it was probably because I don't need it to get around my house so much. Just outside my house. They told me the insurance only cares about inside your house. I have an $1000 deductible plus I have to paid 30% after that, on my insurance anyway. So I came out a lot cheaper to buy it though ebay. A lot of times the chairs haven't been used much or long.

I payed $300 for my Power Chair on ebay. It was a $6000 chair. I guess the insurance tries hard to get out of paying things. I was going to keep trying til I started looking on ebay. I worked with my insurance a year I didn't won't to keep waiting on them.

The only thing my insurance was going to let me get was a rollator. It's like a walker. The rollator would have cost me as much as I paid for my chair. Since I have the high deductible. The chair I bought was in very good condition.

I hope you will be able to get a chair and have a easier time than I did.

I love your dog so cute.

Danica01
07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I am so happy you are still talking with the man who you got the chair off of. I am sure you were a bit of sunshine in his day and he enjoys hearing from you! Tim and I travel by car and have had some of the most amazing trips and have met some amazing people. It is a very personal way to travel and I really believe you get the most out of your journey that way! Hopefully you all will feel up to getting out and away soon!!!!!

wrightrs
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I am so happy you are still talking with the man who you got the chair off of. I am sure you were a bit of sunshine in his day and he enjoys hearing from you! Tim and I travel by car and have had some of the most amazing trips and have met some amazing people. It is a very personal way to travel and I really believe you get the most out of your journey that way! Hopefully you all will feel up to getting out and away soon!!!!!

My husband job has people on temporary layoff. They have been on layoff for six months. They come back around August. Then they will put different people on layoff. My husband is probably going to be on layoff this time. If he is we plan to travel some then. But we will have to travel cheap. We may go and visit the man then also.

I'm glad you have had so many amazing trips, and met lots of people along the way. Hope you have some great trips this summer.

wrightrs
07-10-2009, 04:11 PM
We still looking for ramps or a lift. My husbands thinks he found some ramps that will be long enough. We might get them this weekend. So I can hit the road soon.