PDA

View Full Version : Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

DrinkofWtr
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, for some reason, I couldn't get enough sleep. My energy level was so low that I slept most of the day. Then I got up for about an hour, grabbed a sandwich to eat and then slept all night long until about 9:00 this morning. This is unusual for me to sleep this long, but I am sure my body was trying to tell me that I needed the sleep.

I am frequently unprepared and surprised by how the lupus affects me on a daily basis.

kducks
07-01-2009, 11:32 AM
My doctor always said sleep was good for me. One of the hardest things I had to learn was to listen to what my body is telling me and not to push myself because I think I should be doing this or that. I still come home from work sometimes and just zonk out for a little while. Sounds like you needed some rest, glad you got it.

rob
07-01-2009, 11:36 AM
What's Sleep? (says the insomniac)

Angel Oliver
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
:) You listen to your body and take all the sleep you can get.xxxx

lucky7
07-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Wow Kducks, you sound just like me. I too have found it HARD to adjust to the fact that i HAVE to slow things WAY DOWN in my life. Ive ALWAYS been a GO GO GO person who takes care of ANYTHING that needs to be taken care of, THATS an adjustment. :wacko:

Yeah Drinkofwatr, LISTEN to your body, its TELLING you what it NEEDS you to do. I rest and sleep MORE than i EVER have before.:sleepy:

mountaindreamer
07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
hi drinkofwtr,

i have found that if i listen to my body and sleep when it tells me to, than i either avoid a flare or i significantly reduce the time and level of the flare....so whenever i can, i sleep if that is what my body wants.

Jeannette and kducks.....i used to be an expert at multi-tasking....now i am lucky if i can successfully single-task.....usually i drop something.

lucky7
07-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Yup, you nailed it on the head Phyllis. You also made me laugh when you nailed it! LOL Dropping something is what i can RELATE to thats for sure! Yeah, multitasking is not in my vocabulary anymore!:nah:

mountaindreamer
07-01-2009, 02:12 PM
thanks jeannette,

a little laughter is so good for the soul.....did you decided about a trip to the georgia acquarium?

ButterflyRN
07-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Sleep sleep away! The best thing you can do for your body with Lupus! I am in a flare right now and the week after I quit my job to take care of me, that's all I do. 2-3 hour naps during the day and then back to bed by 9pm. It was great and makes me feel so much better! Take care of you first!!!

crmj1183
07-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Yeah, SLEEP is our friend. Whenever you get that tired you have to listen to your body and just sleep. There will be plenty of better days :yes:

Spanglishqueen
07-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah I have had to get adjusted to that to. I think I hibernate longer than Bears do :laugh: And it is hard because I haven't learned not to push myself yet and I do suffer, either I'm becoming a masocist or I'm just stubborn :banghead: