PDA

View Full Version : Sailing weekend

Grime
07-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Not much to tell other than Lisa and I had a great time. Weather was very hot so we only spent a couple of hours on the gulf side of the island. The walk 2.5 miles each way was tiring for both of us. Had the dogs with us and they wanted to go swimming in the fresh water that is on the island. Bad thing we couldn't let them as we saw a 5 foot gator in one of the holes. Didn't want to loose one of them that way.

We got back in yesterday afternoon after a great sail back to Port Lavaca. We were wing on wing doing 5kts just surfing along.

We didn't take many photos. I post 4 in my album.

I stayed covered up with spf 85 sunscreen and feel pretty good today. I did take my shirt off in the evenings. Little tired but not like I've been in the past.

After a little work on the boat that I need to do I'm ready to sail to Fla or Mexico depending on the winds.

Saysusie
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Oh My Goodness that sounds soooooo wonderful! I am glad that you both were able to enjoy yourselves (albeit quite fatigued) and that you feel that you may be soon ready to sail to Florida or Mexico!! I am going to pop over to look at the pics you posted!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
07-01-2009, 11:42 AM
It's good to hear that you went, and that it went well. I haven't yet put my boat in because of the terrible weather. Going to try a short kayak trip on the 4th, the weather report says it will be sunny and 70. Going on the lake instead of the ocean, should be smooth as glass.

Angel Oliver
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi David,

Oh your trip sounded so lovely.Im so glad you both had a nice time.I was thinking of you.Glad you are both home safe.

love
amanda.xx

lucky7
07-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh David, that sounds so BEAUTIUL! What a way to relax and shut down for at least a little bit huh? Im happy that the two of you can enjoy each other and your lives together in this way.:heart:

mountaindreamer
07-01-2009, 02:07 PM
hi david,

congrats on a great trip with your lady and dogs....so glad you were able to make the necessary adjustments so that you did not go into a flare, and sounds like you had a marvelous time. If you go to florida, stop by and say hi to me in the pan handle.

tell lisa hi.

SandyR
07-02-2009, 04:42 PM
David,
I am so glad to hear that you had a good time on your trip. It sounds like it was a blast.
Sandy