PDA

View Full Version : question on the different med's mixture

chrissy26
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
how is everyone... so my question is this i was first on plaquenil so i am up to 600mg a day, methotrexate injection once a week 1cc, and now is taking me off enbrel because my doctor thought was gonna help for RA however i dont have that, he said the lupus numbers are higher and he thinks the lupus is morphing...... what does that mean???? am i screwed????

Oluwa
07-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Chrissy26...

Morphing...that means Lupus is revealing itself more as I understand the word. Were your symptoms before vague? Took a long time to diagnose?

You medicine regimen sounds like the average, with the exception of 600mg of Plaquenil. From my reads 600mg can be used for a short period then reduced back to 400mg. He probably made that adjustment because you are in a flair without your Coach Bag.

What are your symptoms currently?

Screwed? No. Lupus can be managed with drugs, diet, exercise, keeping appointment, managing stress...labwork. Is it curable? No...just managed, trying to achieve a remission or bring it to a mild state...

Screwed in having a disease? I suppose some would think of it as such. For me, it is life..diseases, death, life, joy, happy...sadness. We change, we adapt, we live.

Keep well...hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

gina
07-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Krissy, i wake up every morning sayin wow i woke up. our lives no matter what aren't plan and anything can happen lupus is just a part of some people lives we just have to accept and move on. it is very hard i go thru bouts of depression and why me sydrome but look at life in a whole i could have something worse at least they are working more on pills for this and some of the pills do help manage flares which is good.

just try to think postive and we are here for you to vent or ask questions.

mountaindreamer
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
hi crissy,

how long have you been on plaquenil and methotrexate?

Sounds like you are in a flare that has your lab results at a higher level. Hopefully, once you come out of the flare, your readings will decrease and you will feel better.

Keep in touch with your dr....if you do not feel like you are coming out of the flare, let them know....there might be something they can do to help.

Stay strong....you are not screwed, just adjusting to a new phase in the life of lupus.....we are here whenever you need us