PDA

View Full Version : Stress = Flare

Sandra
06-30-2009, 05:00 AM
I can feel it coming on, I am so tired and so stiff and achey. There has been so much stress lately. I live in a small community just outside and between two small towns. It's beautiful as it is like I'm in the country but only min from what ever I would need...except decent health care I have to travel a bit for that. Anyway our little community has been taking it on the chin lately as theives and vandals have found our little sanctuary. There has been little police presence. There have been 9 or 10 break-ins and vandals in as many weeks. It has just been crazy and so un-nerving. I haven't (as everyone) been sleeping well listening to evey sound. It was our turn last week, and I refused to accept the lack of police presence and spent two days on the phone. They didn't even or weren't even going to come out to my home after my 911 call! We now have the police involvement and since there have been several arrests for vandalism and nuisnace type incedents but still not capture of the theives that have stollen thousands of dollars in property and worse our peace of mind and feeling of well-being in our own homes.
Anyway it's all taking it's tole and i am just crashing. So today I think I'll stay in bed or close to it. On a good note I started plaquenil last week, just 200 mg but seem to be sort of good with it, besides a bit of GI upset. I feel posative about that anyway! Thanks for listening, Sandra

Patty13637
06-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Stay safe and consider a BIG dog :shocked:

Patty

debbie-b
06-30-2009, 06:06 AM
Stay safe and consider a BIG dog :shocked:

Patty

Or two! Wow, I am sorry that you have to go through that and hope they catch these thieves soon. Try and take it easy.

Debbie

abbasgirl
06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
(((Hugs)))) I would consider getting a dog too.

Have you tried those ...oh my ...I'm so foggy headed lately...I forget what you call them. They sell them on tv and we own one...I think it's called Driveway Alert...if anyone walks/drives by the sensor, it goes off like a doorbell. I'm sorry. I still can't think of the name of it. Anyways, we live way off the road and it's spooky back here. There have been two instances when some strange car has came all the way up the driveway and turned around and left. Once around 3am and the other time around 2am. My daughter was the only one that heard them. I really like this thing... it alarms us to anyone or thing that passes the sensor. I'd like to buy a bunch more! The only downside is that if we put it in the sunlight, it gets hot and goes off because of the heat. So we had a time finding the right places to put it, but it's worth it. I sleep better. For a while we had my son's webcam set up on the window in case anyone was around when we weren't home. So sorry you have to worry about that. Home is the one place we have to rest and relax.

mountaindreamer
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
oh sandra,

i am so sorry that these disrepsectful thugs are stealing your peace from you. Home is where we are supposed to feel safe, and it is so invasive when selfish people intrude your space.

I once had a guy that would come to my door, ring the bell, and fondle himself when i went to the door. He then ran, and we could never catch him. i went to the sherrif (we did not have city police). I asked about using my dad's german shephard dog, and was told that I would be found guilty of "using too much force" and would be in trouble. I said fine, the next time he comes here, i am going to shoot him and deal with the consequences. I lived alone, and was terrified of his intentions. They eventually caught him, and he was only 15 years old.....what is this world coming to.

A dog, the driveway alert, both sound like good ideas....i wish you did not have to deal with this. Please rest today, and hopefully your flare will pass quickly.

SandyR
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
sandra,
having been the victim of 3 home invasions in 1 week (2 burglaries and a robbery by the same crew that was hitting up the town that summer, including the neighbor across the street) I know how violated you feel right now. To have someone come into your house unwanted, uninvited and unannounced and steal your sense of safety and security along with your belongings is so maddening, stressful and frustrating. The dog, while not a sure fire bet, is still a great idea (I am a dog lover) and the driveway alarm sounds slightly better, but before those two things, I think you should get an alarm system for your house and garage if you don't already have one (which I assume you don't since you said there were already robberies in the area and you didn't mention turning an alarm on). Trust me when I say that just because you were hit once, it doesn't mean it can't happen again. Props to you for getting the police to be proactive! I hope that you will be able to get through this process with as little stress as possible and stay flare-free.
Sandy (who is also a Sandra but prefers Sandy)

Lee_amyj
06-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Back in 2001 my uncle's house was broken into... he is a prison guard and was working nights so they didn't know he was home... he heard a door slam and thought it was my cousin so he went back to sleep minutes later someone busted open his bedroom door and screamed that someone was in there... he jumped up and went to see what was going on and there were 3 men in his house one was carrying a vcr out and stopped in his tracks, dropped the vcr. he pulled out a gun and shot my uncle twice once thru his arm into his liver and then into the couch... my uncle is ok and is doing well now.
soon after that my house was broken into. After that we all got alarm systems!
the town we lived in the pop. was like 455 people and 15 minutes away from the nearest town about 30-45 mins to the hosp... :shocked:

Danica01
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this! I am sure this is weighing so heavy on your mind and of course that leads to weighing heavy on you poor body. I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel a little more safe in your home. I think all the suggestions sound great! I will keep you in my thoughts. Tonight I will send you wishes of a peaceful sleep that is pain free and relaxing. Please be safe :hug: