PDA

View Full Version : Guess i posted on the wrong board...

widebody
06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Just posted on another section first, oops. :)
I'm 44, just got a prelim diagnosis last week (DSDNA 13, ANA positive, rheumatoid factor negative) but since I also have a weird autoimmune-involved diabetes, I'm waiting to see what my endocrinologist says, then a couple weeks later I have an appt with a rheumatologist. Thank GOD i've got decent health insurance!

I'm not having a lot of symptoms except fatigue and joint pain (mainly in my hips). Because of the fatigue it's hard to work sometimes, so I cruise this site when I'm too tired to think hard. :) I just hope our IT guys don't catch on and block this site!

Thanks to all for your great posts and support here. It sucks having lupus, but you can't let the things you can't control get you down.

Cheers,
brian (widebody)

rob
06-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Hello Brian,

My name is Rob, I'm 41 and was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus five years ago. I'm also a Moderator here, and I don't get too worried about posts possibly being in the wrong place at times. Priority one is making sure our members can communicate with each other in the easiest, fastest way possible. Constant nitpicking of little things by moderators/admins is counterproductive to that goal. So don't sweat it, you've done nothing wrong.

You'll find we're a very open, laid back, and easy going group. There's tons of practical advice, and alot of understanding people here. So welcome to our group, and please make yourself at home!

Rob

Angel Oliver
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Just to say hello n welcome Brian.

love
Amanda.xxxx

debbie-b
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Just posted on another section first, oops. :)
I'm 44, just got a prelim diagnosis last week (DSDNA 13, ANA positive, rheumatoid factor negative) but since I also have a weird autoimmune-involved diabetes, I'm waiting to see what my endocrinologist says, then a couple weeks later I have an appt with a rheumatologist. Thank GOD i've got decent health insurance!

I'm not having a lot of symptoms except fatigue and joint pain (mainly in my hips). Because of the fatigue it's hard to work sometimes, so I cruise this site when I'm too tired to think hard. :) I just hope our IT guys don't catch on and block this site!

Thanks to all for your great posts and support here. It sucks having lupus, but you can't let the things you can't control get you down.

Cheers,
brian (widebody)

Hi Brian,

I also like to welcome you here, I have only been here a few months, but I felt right at home. I think this is the BEST forum.
My name is Debbie, I am 53 and I was diagnosed with lupus SLE, Ra and Fibro, about two years ago. And you are so right, lupus sucks.

Debbie

Pearl
06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. As everyone has said...no apologies necessary here. Lots of friendly people, great advice, and friendship. Check out everything this forum has to offer. It helps to know you are not alone.

Take care,

Jana

mountaindreamer
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
hi brian,

so sorry that you struggle with this disease, but it sounds like you are doing a good job of managing your symptoms....congrats, and i hope you continue to feel ok.

This is a great group of people (as you can tell from browsing around), and i am so glad that you decided to join. Please know that you can count on us if you every need anything....

SandyR
06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Brian!

I'm Sandy. I'm relatively new to this site too. Like you, I also have diabetes, but I have been controlling it with diet. I think you will find that this site is a wonderful place to escape to when the aches and pains and fatigue are just too much to deal with. Welcome!

Sandy

debbie-b
06-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Hello Brian,

My name is Rob, I'm 41 and was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus five years ago. I'm also a Moderator here, and I don't get too worried about posts possibly being in the wrong place at times. Priority one is making sure our members can communicate with each other in the easiest, fastest way possible. Constant nitpicking of little things by moderators/admins is counterproductive to that goal. So don't sweat it, you've done nothing wrong.

You'll find we're a very open, laid back, and easy going group. There's tons of practical advice, and alot of understanding people here. So welcome to our group, and please make yourself at home!

Rob

Rob,
I have got to say something about this forum, it is THEBest, the people here are so nice and caring. I am from Germany and have also joined a german lupus forum, so that I could learn the german lupus jargon, in order to explain this illness to my family in Germany. I tried to explain it, but only knew our jargon here. That forum has alot of nitpicking and even points out to people that they misspelled something. I think that we have enough problems, we don't need to create more problems.
I love you guys here, everybody is sweet and compationate.

Debbie

widebody
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Y'all are great -- thanks for the kind words, the support, the concern. It's great to find a place like this.

rob
06-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Rob,
I have got to say something about this forum, it is THEBest, the people here are so nice and caring. I am from Germany and have also joined a german lupus forum, so that I could learn the german lupus jargon, in order to explain this illness to my family in Germany. I tried to explain it, but only knew our jargon here. That forum has alot of nitpicking and even points out to people that they misspelled something. I think that we have enough problems, we don't need to create more problems.
I love you guys here, everybody is sweet and compationate.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie-we aim to please! I had to laugh a bit about the pointing out of misspelled words on a Lupus website. Jeez, that must be kind of like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500! We all screw up our spelling here due to brain fog! I find the best way to promote good conversations is to just let people talk. As long as everyone is getting along, and there's no spamming or excessive bad language, there's no need to interrupt people. And, with brain fog, sometimes we can ramble a bit and end up going off topic, but that's just the nature of Lupus. Anyway, thanks again!

Rob

PS-I cheat and use a Vista voice recognition program to write with, as long as it hears me right, it spells everything right. Wonderful invention!

Rastagirl
06-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello Brian... :wavey:

I'm cruising in here late....been gone for a few days. But I just wanted to add my welcome to the bunch.

I'm glad you've been 'reading' us for awhile and decided to join. We're always happy to have more company...and more people to share and learn from.

Glad to hear the postive attitude in your words....encouragement goes a long way on this forum.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.....

Fondly,

:cool2: Lori

p.s. F.Y.I. the brain fog thing hit me on my last post, and I struggled with the word "alright" till I finally decided, what the hell....let it have 3 L's. :veryhappy:

mountaindreamer
07-01-2009, 09:23 AM
lori and rob,

thanks to both of you....i had my first laugh when reading about 3 Ls in alllright, and speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

thanks to both of you.....i cherish our friendship.

Saysusie
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey Brian;
I am Saysusie, Moderator/Administrator of this site which, as you've seen, is filled with the most compassionate, understanding, and friendly people from all over the world. I see that you have been warmly welcomed by many of our members. I've just returned from vacation and so I am adding my welcome to those you've already received.
I am glad to hear that you are trying to remain positive, this will actually go a long way in your ability to manage your illness and to maintain a relatively normal lifestyle. We are here to help you in any way that we can and to make sure that you know that you are not alone. This is the place to come when you want to be amongst people who truly understand!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie