PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NNY

Patty13637
06-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi I am Patty from Northern NY . I along with Hubby , & 4 children live on a 60 a goat dairy farm. We raise Saanen Goats, Icelandic Sheep , chickens , ducks , turkeys , angora rabbits . we also have QH , Paint horses , a donkey and German Shepherds.

I have had Lupus for 12 plus years . I have been having alot of issues lately and talking to family ...well they just don't get it . They are great but no one can understand unless you have lupus.

I hope to meet some new friends . Thanks for having me !

Patty

gina
06-29-2009, 04:58 AM
I am glad you found us. this site has wonderful people on it. you can vent ask questions join a social group so many things here. and its nice to find a place where everyone has what you have maybe not all the same symptoms but no what its like to have this disease.

again welcome :yes:

Patty13637
06-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks and boy was that a fast response !

Patty

debbie-b
06-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi Patty,

Welcome to your second family. I am glad you have found us. And you are right, we are the only people who understand lupus & co.

Debbie

crmj1183
06-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Yeah its really hard for anyone to really relate unless they are going through it. Lupus can be very emotional at times. I am also having some complications with Lupus at this time. I hope you start to feel better soon.:yes:

crmj1183
06-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Thx, I plan on logging in daily. I know I just joined this morning but already I feel my day is of to a good start.

Patty13637
06-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks Guys , I feel at home already !

Patty

gina
06-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Thats wonderfull look forward to hearing from you.

justomegirlindallas
06-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Welcome!!! Making friends here is easy :) Its mroe like a family actually.

Whats going on with your Lupus?

rob
06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Patty,

I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. I live just up the road from you in Maine. Your years of experience living with Lupus are a valuable, and welcome addition here. Welcome to our group!

Rob

MicRoMediC
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Patty-always welcome here. There's plenty of support on here through the good and the bad. It's the only place I can get away to that I know I have support all the time. Looking forward to more posts from you! Sounds like you have a huge family! I'm so jealous, I'd love to live on a farm but I think I've been spoiled by the big city life. I do want some paint horses when I save enough to buy some property though. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Pearl
06-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have your hands full. My husband and I also have four kids, 4 dogs, 6 horses (2 Quarter horses, 2 Saddlebreds) etc. etc....so I can relate to the full plate. You are among friends here. Glad you found us.

Jana

mountaindreamer
06-29-2009, 07:44 PM
hi patty,

welcome to the family....as you can already see, this is the place to find answers to questions, and compassion for the soul.

sorry your symptoms are picking on you right now, and i hope you get some relief. Have you called your dr. to report these changes? Are you on and lupus treatment medications?

Your life sounds like a busy one....i am glad you have a family who is trying to understand what is happening to you, and i am glad. But, you are right, there is no way for others to completely understand. Thank goodness we have each other here at WHL.

Delphinia981
06-30-2009, 03:26 AM
Hi Patty! Your farm sounds so cool!!! I love animals. :cute:

Just remember...people fear that which they do not understand. Make it your business to educate your family about the disease...but still expect some indifference. My own husband can't seem to wrap his head around Lupus, no matter how many times I talk to him about it, or how many times he talks to my rheumatologist. I just have accepted that it is his perogative to feel how he wants to feel...but he's still supportive. I hope your family is, too. Either way, we're here always and ALWAYS willing to help!! Great to have you on board!!

Patty13637
06-30-2009, 04:35 AM
I have been medication free for 5 years after many years of all the common medications.

I credit it to the courts good judgement of taking my x's rights to the children away . My new Hubby of many years being the great guy he is , changing my diet to eating 80-90 % of what we grow here on the farm , raw milk & garlic.

I am affraid I may have to go on medication again . But hopefully not for long .

Thanks again everyone.

Patty

mountaindreamer
06-30-2009, 09:08 AM
hi patty,

how wonderful for you and your children, as well as your husband....sounds like you have a great life with a caring family. Hopefully getting the stress of the situation with your children and your x has reduced your stress level and will help with the lupus symptoms.

i am wondering if maybe your lupus was in remission for a period of time. We have other members who have enjoyed years of remission. If so, i certainly hope that if you do have to go back on the meds, that it will be temporary and you will be able to come off again.

i do believe that speaking with your dr. before the (possible) flare gets worse will work to your advantage. If they can give you something to knock out the flare, then maybe your system can stay calm....i don't know, but i do know that i often wish i had called my dr. before things got so bad.

So glad you found us, it sure helps me talking with people who truly understand.

SandyR
06-30-2009, 03:22 PM
welcome from SNY (LI)! :wave: This site is awesome. Everyone on here is full of experience, advice, support and love. Welcome!

Saysusie
07-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I am just returning from vacation and am, therefore, late in welcoming you. I just wanted to make sure that I added my welcome to those you've already received! Welcome again :wavey:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie