PDA

View Full Version : Random Saturday night question

iseedeadmonkeys
06-27-2009, 03:19 PM
You know on the back of toiletries products? eg shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bubble bath etc

It has ingredients etc then at the bottom of bottle or tub whatever it is theres this thing that looks like a little tub with the lid off and it has 12M written on it....what does that mean? 12 miles or 12 metres of product or summin?

Its been driving me crazy for last 2 years lol saw it tonight and thought i must ask someone :yes: who wants to tell me what it is lol.

cheers
ISDM
x

Angel Oliver
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
After 12 months its out of date ...xxxxxxxxx

Danica01
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
I love your random thoughts :-) They always make me smile! Thank goodness Angel Oliver could rescue your mind.......now you will be able to sleep :fing02:

Monique89
06-28-2009, 05:34 AM
HAHA!!
Yeahhh angel is right, whatever number is in the little tub thing is the number of months before the product is 'off'..its a legal requirement to put it on all cosmetic/body products...

iseedeadmonkeys
07-06-2009, 09:21 AM
And ive only just seen the reply, upon wondering once again what it means,

is that like 12 months from the purchase of the product then?

thats silly whos ever heard of a bubble bath going out of date?!

ok they discolour after a while (usually in direct sunlight)

i dont kno funniest thing ive ever heard, which reminds me my MILK (green) has been in my fridge for ages i think the out of date was like 2 weeks ago or summin but its perfectly ok to drink! it aint soured yet!

Stoopid laws and regulations haha

ISDM
xxx

Monique89
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM
LOL ISDM!!!!!!
I think its more for like make up products like mascara etc that can cause eye infections if you keep them for too long? I find it silly too. I have this hair stuff that i loooooove, and i have had it for like 3 years and it is as good as the day i bought it!!!

Rastagirl
07-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Okay....so I happened upon this thread...and yes, ISDM keeps me giggling on here too....I just love her random questions.????? I never pass up a chance to peek in at what she wrote. :laugh2:

After reading this thread, I started checking my beauty products of all kinds, and we, in the US, do not appear to have the little "tub" thingie with a number on it. All my shampoos, conditioners, makeup, nail polish, bubbly bath....no expiration date. :nah:

What's up with that???? I always thought the good 'ole USA was the strictest, and most regulated on the planet. Apparently, our wonderful government cares about the foods and medicines we injest, but they are not worried about all the goop we use to stay clean and pretty. We have the FDA (food & drug administration)....but apparently not a BPA (beauty products administration).

Or maybe, it's because we use so much "stuff" to keep ourselves clean and pretty, that we go through it really fast here...we don't need to worry about expiration dates. We use it up waaaaaayyyy before it could ever expire.

Oh wait, I think I've got it...no one has ever had the need for a lawsuit for damage from a beauty product that was old. Otherwise we'd have a regulatory commission for sure.

Of course, this is all pure speculation on my part... :lmao:

:cool2: Rastagirl....a.k.a. beauty product consumer extraordinaire

iseedeadmonkeys
07-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Ermmm interesting!

Im sure now after this thread some "jack the lad" will now go out of his/her way to sue some beauty product company in the U.S....just because they dont have the same regulations as us "saddos" over here, happy claiming :yes:

Dint someone once sue GOD?

P&L
ISDM
xxx

Monique89
07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
LOL So Australia and England have it.....the Queen must love us more than Obama loves the Americans LOL

Rastagirl
07-07-2009, 09:02 PM
LOL So Australia and England have it.....the Queen must love us more than Obama loves the Americans LOL

Oh no, that's not it....Obama just hasn't had enough time in office to fix everything for us American's yet.....I am confident he'll get around to our beauty products soon enough!

:)

:cool2: Lori

Rastagirl
07-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Ermmm interesting!

Im sure now after this thread some "jack the lad" will now go out of his/her way to sue some beauty product company in the U.S....just because they dont have the same regulations as us "saddos" over here, happy claiming :yes:

Dint someone once sue GOD?

P&L
ISDM
xxx

Hey Jane...dint know you could sue GOD....that's a pretty bold move!

Monique89
07-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Jane...dint know you could sue GOD....that's a pretty bold move!

I am pretty sure that was a movie LOL "The Man Who Sued God"...maybe it was based on a true story though LOL