PDA

View Full Version : Weird tingling

ritzbit
06-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I was just wondering if anyone thought this might be lupus related.

All night I've had this weird cold tingling feelings going down my arms and up my legs. It feels especially weird in my hands and feet.

Its kind of like the feeling you get right before your knocked out when your under anesthesia. Its really weird.

iseedeadmonkeys
06-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Hello there!

Yes i get this most mornings when i wake up, like my hands go completely numb pins and needles in both arms feet numb and pins and needles in legs, have no idea why this happens, but its always when i wake up on my back?!

Maybe you could ask your dr about it, as far as i know or knew you get it from lack of ciculation in the body, which doesn really explain when your asleep, oh and sometimes i get it in my head too, which scares the hell outta me, so erm yes like pre annasthetic feeling.

Maybe a advice fairy could help here?!

P&L
ISDM
xxx

WantItGone
06-27-2009, 07:20 AM
I get it. I've actually just started to experience the numbness. The tingling I've felt for a while. I assumed it was due to poor circulation. It is definitely weird.

Danica01
06-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this. It is very uncomfortable and irritating to say the least. That was actually one of my first symptoms when I got sick. That was eight years ago and I still get it. I let my doctor know every time I go in and see her. I think it has something to do with our neuropathy. Hang in there and just try to move a little more when it starts happening. Also, you might want to keep a little log and write down when you feel it coming on, how long it lasts and what you were doing when it started. You can take this to your doctor and you both can try and figure out what is triggering it and if there is anything that can be done. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are feeling :shysmile:

ritzbit
06-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Thank you =D Im going to the doctor on monday so I'll be telling her then

Danica01
06-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Good luck at the doctor!!!! I will be thinking about you and I hope they can help you get more comfy on a daily basis. Hang in there and just keep us updated on what the good ole doc has to say :angelic:

ritzbit
06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
My doctor is starting me on prednisone. And is making me exercise more becuz she's worried I might be showing signs of fibromyalgia or something like that. And I have to start sleeping more normally. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see her and a PT and OT. It wasnt what I really what I wanted to hear.

Danica01
06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
It seems like we rarely hear what we want to and it is very frustrating when we are miserable. I am sorry you were unhappy with your doctors recommendations today. The prednisone should help you feel a bit better. It always helps me feel better but the doctor never lets me stay on it or a long period of time. Did they give you something to help you sleep????? If they didn't and you need help you can my melatonin over the counter and it really helps ease your body into a restful state. Now about the exercise, I have fybromyalgia as a secondary disease to my Lupus and my doctor has also been pushing exercise. I know the less we move our muscles the more damage the are susceptible to. However,when we are in a lot of pain it is sooooooooo hard to get out there and exercise......that is where I will get frustrated with my doctor. One thing that really helps me is being in a pool. I am lucky that our condo complex has an enormous lap pool and just walking in the water helps my leg pain. It feels easier and less work in the water but at the same time there is more resistance in the water and you are working your muscles even more!!!!!! One thing I am going to tell you is to NOT push yourself when you are feeling yucky!!!!!!! Rest until you are up for getting out there and if you don't ever feel up to it, well, just tell your doctor over and over until he or she listens!!!!!!!!!! I know it is hard and frustrating and you just keep talking to us and venting to us when things upset you. If you hold things in on the inside your body will hurt on the outside. We are all here for you and tonight I am sending a hug your way and wishes of a restful night for you :hug:

AyahsClan
06-29-2009, 08:44 PM
It is a weird feeling! I never know if there is a bug crawling on me. Today it was my little fingers and that 1/3rd part of hand. Yesterday there was actually a spider on me but I ignored it thinking it was the lupie tingles.

I get them on my legs but down by my ankles they itch really bad and I have to be very careful not to scratch because it seems to be like some kind of bacteria living just under the skin. If I scratch it even a little it will get a nasty infection.

Sometimes it all just goes away for awhile. The good thing in my case is I got used to it and it is nothing serious. Hope it is the same for you.

Danica01
06-29-2009, 08:47 PM
It is a weird feeling! I never know if there is a bug crawling on me. Today it was my little fingers and that 1/3rd part of hand. Yesterday there was actually a spider on me but I ignored it thinking it was the lupie tingles.

I get them on my legs but down by my ankles they itch really bad and I have to be very careful not to scratch because it seems to be like some kind of bacteria living just under the skin. If I scratch it even a little it will get a nasty infection.

Sometimes it all just goes away for awhile. The good thing in my case is I got used to it and it is nothing serious. Hope it is the same for you.

You should try some oral benadryl for the itching.......it might give you a little relief when you are having these uncomfortable symptoms. I am sorry you are having these weird feeling I will send you get well wishes hoping that it all goes away soon :hug:

AyahsClan
06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
You should try some oral benadryl for the itching.......it might give you a little relief when you are having these uncomfortable symptoms. I am sorry you are having these weird feeling I will send you get well wishes hoping that it all goes away soon :hug:

Benadryle is my buddy lol..love the stuff. For the most part I am used to it, it doesn't even bother me, my new normal. The odd itching comes around maybe once or twice a year, not that bothersome as long as I remember not to scratch.

I'm sure for some they need to rule out circulation issues or other nervous system complications. Hope you are finding joy this summer Danica. : ) Hope we all are! Summers can be brutal. In fact, my first very severe tingling to numbness was during the summer when I was first put on disability 10 years ago. I lost feeling in my feet but after numerous tests it was attributed to lupus (neuro exaberation). But even that wasn't serious, feet were numb but was able to walk ok, feeling came back.

They used the spike wheel in the ER on my feet and I didn't even know they were doing it, no natural reaction present.

ritzbit
06-30-2009, 06:50 AM
It seems like we rarely hear what we want to and it is very frustrating when we are miserable. I am sorry you were unhappy with your doctors recommendations today. The prednisone should help you feel a bit better. It always helps me feel better but the doctor never lets me stay on it or a long period of time. Did they give you something to help you sleep????? If they didn't and you need help you can my melatonin over the counter and it really helps ease your body into a restful state. Now about the exercise, I have fybromyalgia as a secondary disease to my Lupus and my doctor has also been pushing exercise. I know the less we move our muscles the more damage the are susceptible to. However,when we are in a lot of pain it is sooooooooo hard to get out there and exercise......that is where I will get frustrated with my doctor. One thing that really helps me is being in a pool. I am lucky that our condo complex has an enormous lap pool and just walking in the water helps my leg pain. It feels easier and less work in the water but at the same time there is more resistance in the water and you are working your muscles even more!!!!!! One thing I am going to tell you is to NOT push yourself when you are feeling yucky!!!!!!! Rest until you are up for getting out there and if you don't ever feel up to it, well, just tell your doctor over and over until he or she listens!!!!!!!!!! I know it is hard and frustrating and you just keep talking to us and venting to us when things upset you. If you hold things in on the inside your body will hurt on the outside. We are all here for you and tonight I am sending a hug your way and wishes of a restful night for you :hug:

Thank you Danica =)

They didnt give me anything to help me sleep. They're concerned that I sleep alot during the day becuz I wake up alot at night. I never feel like I've gotten enough sleep. I dont really know what prednisone does. They said it would make my hands feel better becuz they're huge and swollen. Does it help with dizziness? Becuz Im afraid Im going to pass out or something while its just me and my 3 year old brother at my house and he wont know what to do.

I've been at the pool pretty often the past week so maybe I'll keep trying to get in and do a few laps. I might try getting on my moms stepper for a few minutes everyday.

Im so glad I have everyone on here to talk to becuz I was in such a horrible mood yesterday, and only 2 of my friends would even listen to me for a little bit about it. Im actually concerned about them telling me to make these changes or I might end up having fibromyalgia and I called to talk to my dad about it last night and he pretty much told me he's sore everyday from working and fibromyalgia is a joke. He's a know it all. And it pisses me off. He likes to act like he knows better than my doctors.

crmj1183
06-30-2009, 06:59 AM
I get it too, Its really weird because it feels like u r underneath some kind of anesthetic. It wakes me up out my sleep sometimes. I usually get it in my legs. But yeah its sooooooooooo freaky. Wow, I thought i was the only one

AyahsClan
06-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you Danica =)

They didnt give me anything to help me sleep. They're concerned that I sleep alot during the day becuz I wake up alot at night. I never feel like I've gotten enough sleep. I dont really know what prednisone does. They said it would make my hands feel better becuz they're huge and swollen. Does it help with dizziness? Becuz Im afraid Im going to pass out or something while its just me and my 3 year old brother at my house and he wont know what to do.

I've been at the pool pretty often the past week so maybe I'll keep trying to get in and do a few laps. I might try getting on my moms stepper for a few minutes everyday.

Im so glad I have everyone on here to talk to becuz I was in such a horrible mood yesterday, and only 2 of my friends would even listen to me for a little bit about it. Im actually concerned about them telling me to make these changes or I might end up having fibromyalgia and I called to talk to my dad about it last night and he pretty much told me he's sore everyday from working and fibromyalgia is a joke. He's a know it all. And it pisses me off. He likes to act like he knows better than my doctors.

{{Ritzy}}} Fibro is no joke but men often deal with pain and problems in this way. Are you in the sun while out swimming?

ritzbit
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Thats what I said. Im pretty sure my doctor wouldnt be concerned about it if it wasnt a big deal. And yes Im in the sun when I go swimming but I make sure Im in the shade when Im out of the pool

Spanglishqueen
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow everytime I think it's something new to me I am shocked:shocked: how many others experience it. I have the feeling to especially in my right shin it feels like someone put a piece of duct tape and pulled it and its tingly for a while. It happens on and off and not sure what brings it about. I mentioned it to rheumy and he stated he will run tests as it sounds like it could be cappilaries bursting. I also experience crazy itching at times and have to put on some specialized itching lotion to help.

ritzbit
07-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I never realized so many weird things could be caused from all of this. I wish i had some special lotion lol I always have this weird feeling on the top of my feet and they get all itchy and they feel like there's a little bug on them or something lol

Danica01
07-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh, I am not a fan of bugs so that would freak me out :-) How are you feeling tonight????? How is the sleeping????? I hope you are having some relief with the steroids. I love being on steroids,they make all my symptoms feel better!!! I hope you are resting and have good weekend. Did you try swimming a bit???? Keep me posted on how you feel and we will be here for you when the next round og symptoms start to bother you.......and don't let anyone tell you that what you are feeling is not real and that it is in your head. What you feel is real and if they don't believe you, well, they will have to deal with all of us :no:

ritzbit
07-04-2009, 06:03 PM
It is a very odd feeling lol I've been sleeping more regularly but Im still really tired during the day. And while I was at a 4th of July parade today I felt really really dizzy and had to sit on the wet ground, in my new white skirt lol Oh that was just a BUNCH of fun lol I havent had the chance to go swimming again, but I'm going to be hiking and swimming and stuff like that for the next few days at Cumberland Falls. After getting dizzy just standing for awhile today Im kind of worried about being out in the heat hiking. But I've packed plenty of things to keep me entertained if I cant go hiking.

Thank you for the support =D

mountaindreamer
07-05-2009, 06:37 PM
hi ritzbit,

hope you are having a blast hiking and camping...be a good scout, go prepared, and enjoy the beauty and power of nature.

magistramarla
07-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Just to add my two cent's worth - neuropathy is also a big problem for me. Sometimes, I can hardly feel my toes, especially when I'm tired. This was really scary when I had to drive home after a hard day at school. I couldn't quite tell how much pressure I was putting on the brake or accelerator.
Marla