PDA

View Full Version : Contact Dermatitis?

Delphinia981
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I have some bad patches on my arms and hands. Originally thought I had gotten into some poison ivy or oak, but doc says it's contact dermatitis. Have some steroid cream to put on it, but it isn't working worth a tinker's toot. :hissyfit:

abbasgirl
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh it sounds like the weird thing going on with me. When I get that it does resemble poison oak/ivy but it's not. Mine will blister up just like poison oak/ivy does. And it always leaves a bad scar. THe only thing that helped is benadryl and time for it to go away.

Delphinia981
06-27-2009, 12:07 PM
My doc put me on a steroid cream, and it's really helping. Can barely see it anymore! Try that next time....cause mine blisters and looks like poison ivy, too. ;)

Danica01
06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
I get that too!!!! It is itchy and painful and just miserable! I use the cream and I also take an allergy pill. It just helps with the uncomfortableness and helps with the swelling of the area. Try it and see if it helps!!!!!! Keep us posted!

Delphinia981
06-29-2009, 09:06 AM
UGH...as soon as I get rid of one patch, another one pops up. I am just going to have to get an oral steroid to help! This is driving me batty, already! I have an Rx for itching, but I don't like taking it because it makes me tired. Does help me get through the night, though!!

abbasgirl
06-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Carrie...so sorry you're still suffering. I hate to itch! When yours disappears, does it leave a scar? I have scars every single time. The ones on my legs from last year are just now starting to fade.

Every time I have brought this up with a doctor before, they'd only tell me to use an OT cream which doesn't help at all. It's not happened since I changed my pcp and I see her next week. I'm going to mention it and maybe she'll write me a script so I'll have something the next time that pops up.