PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Plans

SandyR
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I can't believe the whole week has come and gone. Lately, it seems like time flies by faster and faster! I just realized that tomorrow is the weekend and I was wondering what everyone had planned?
My plans are to go to the dog shelter that I volunteer at tomorrow night and walk some pups then go out and play DD for a friend's bday. Saturday I am praying for nice weather and will hit the beach if the sun allows and Sunday I will be home resting. At least, that is my plan at the moment, but as we all know, plans are subject to current physical conditions and can and will change at any time! What about you?

kducks
06-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Going out to dinner and a movie for my birthday. Oh and sleeping in. :laugh: Going to try to wash my car at some point too, it's driving me crazy!

Danica01
06-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I am going to head up north tomorrow afternoon and camp away from the heat of the city!!!!! The high here tomorrow is 107 with 30% humidity!!!!! Whoever said that Arizona had dry heat, well, that has already gone out the door for this summer:-) I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rastagirl
06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
My weekend plans..???

This is my son's last weekend before he leaves for Japan on Tuesday for an exchange trip.

He and I will be heading to the bookstore on Saturday to buy some reading material for the 16 hour plane ride.

I am also allowing him to have a few friends over on Saturday for a small goodbye party. There will be video games on the big screen, doritos and salsa, and a rousing game of nerf gun fights around my house. Picture 7, sixteen-year-old boys, all with different nerf guns, running amok through the lower levels of my house. I will be finding stray nerf gun ammo scattered throughout my house for the next 2 weeks. :laugh:

On Sunday, I will sleep in, so that I might recover from 7 sixteen-year-old boys running amok in my house.....

:)

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, pain-free weekend!

Lots of Love,

:cool2: Lori

Angel Oliver
06-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Oh it was so exciting hearing what eeryones doing this weekend,beach sounds fab,finding the cool weather sounds good as i know how hot it gets where you live,16 year olds party,Kducks celebrating with a meal n a movie.Oh the dog shelter,fab job!! Lori,i'll be sending you hugs as i know how much you will miss your beautiful son,but he will experience the unimaginable and have such a great time,we will all support you.Hopefully you can update us on what he gets up to on his travels.
Me.....either...sleep away the weekend....or sit in my garden thinking of all you enjoying yourselves.I wish you all a fab time and ope the pain stays away so you can all enjoy!!
Love Amanda.xxxxxxxxx

abbasgirl
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
It's nice to hear what everyone's plans are. My hubby has to work most of the weekend but we plan to cook out on Sunday with the kids. I'm trying to find a good deal on a new washing machine...ours is on its last leg and about to go.

Lori...((((hugs)))) That will be such a tough goodbye.

Happy birthday, Kducks!

Angel Oliver
06-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh goodluck on a new washing machine...so hope you get a cheap one but a good make in a deal.xxxxxxxxx

DrinkofWtr
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Hoping to go to the B-52 concert tonight, if Lupus will allow me to go. Also, hope to check out laptop computers. We are trying to decide between a MAC and a Dell. My boyfriend says, "it is worse than buying a car."

rob
06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm heading out to the airport tomorrow to practice my aerobatic rountine for the upcoming airshow. I put on a demonstration at last year's show with a radio control jet and helicopter, and I've been invited to come back this year and do it again. I used to be a pilot, but stopped flying not long after I was diagnosed with SLE. Flying radio control aircraft is the next best thing.

SandyR
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
kducks, I just washed my car last weekend. actually, my very sweet 14year old neice just washed my car. such a good kid! Hope you enjoy that dinner and sleep!
rastagirl - <<<hugs>>> I can only imagine how difficult that will be. You'll have to tell his friends to come over while he is away to give you a little reminder of teenage boys!
angel-sleep and gardening sound like wonderful plans to me! what are you growing in your garden?
abbas-good luck with that washer! the kenmore front loaders are really nice. you can get one real cheap (compared to sticker price) in a scratch and dent section. usually nothing wrong with those but a nick or little dent anyway.
DoW-rest then go to the loveshack! and leave early if you are not up to the end.
rob-when I first read your post, I thought you were say you do an acrobatic show at the airshow like the sky divers do! Where you a commercial or private pilot? RC planes are really cool. used to know someone who was big time into that hobby. I'll have to dig around and see if I can't find some of his old email video footage for you. Enjoy! (and take video to show us!)

rob
06-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Sandy

I was a private pilot. I earned my glider license when I was 15, and got my regular license for powered flight a couple of years later. I flew gliders mostly. The aerobatic routine I do at the airshow is just like you would see a full size plane do-loops, rolls, that sort of thing. My prop driven aerobatic plane has a 12 foot wingspan, and a smoke generator. The jet is around 14 feet long and tops out around 280 mph. It's loud as a real one and a real crowd pleaser. I also do a routine with a helicopter where I hover upside-down. I find the models more of a challenge to fly than the real thing because you are not actually in the thing and able to get that "seat of the pants" feel. We have a pretty active club here-it's great fun, and good people.

Rob

dsunshine
06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm heading out to the airport tomorrow to practice my aerobatic rountine for the upcoming airshow. I put on a demonstration at last year's show with a radio control jet and helicopter, and I've been invited to come back this year and do it again. I used to be a pilot, but stopped flying not long after I was diagnosed with SLE. Flying radio control aircraft is the next best thing.

GO ROB..show them whatcha got!!! Glad your getting your moment again this year to show off!!!

dsunshine
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Plans...well I started dating again so I will be out I think at the movies or something. Met a few guys and juggling my time between them. I have no expectations and I am just enjoying going out and having fun right now. Hope to be back in the gym as well perhaps this weekend. More than that I will be around family....love being around my sister, nephew, and niecey's they keep me laughing/smiling and youthful!

DrinkofWtr
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Saturday went to a Little League intracity game that my boyfriend's son played in. The team his son was on got clobbered 13-0. It was fun though. Unfortunately, even though I had sunglasses and a visor, I got too much sun and suffered last night for it. Although I would like to go again today for another game, I am going to forgo it because of the lupus.

Angel Oliver
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Looked forward to my big storm...i was in the garden,it thundered so loud n lightening..the rain came...i packed up my laptop and ran in....CAN YOU BELIEVE THE SUN CAME OUT!! Im so dissapointed,thought today i was gonna get my storm lol.Hey the UK next week..gonna hit 30oc...over 100 i think that is....bit too hot for me lol.
Hey maybe we'll get that storm then.I'll let you know.

Amanda.xx