PDA

View Full Version : New Member

momeof3gurlz
07-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Faleisha. I am married and have 3 beautiful little girls ages 6, 4 & 2. We live in Northwest Indiana not to far from Lake Michigan.
I was diagnosed with SLE Lupus & Mixed connective tissue disease about 3 months ago.
*****Now, I guess I should tell you all a little of my story********
Well.....Get comfortable :)
I lost my dad June 1, 2004 to cancer. My dad and I were very close and I was devestated and still am.
About Novemeber of 2004 I started not feeling well I just felt like i had the flu 24/7. By the time December 04 came I thought I was going crazy, I just couldn't get off the couch, I was so tired and I knew I had so much work to do around my house but I just couldn't do it. So then I started telling myself I was just a lazy person and I would ask myself why are you doing this get up.
January 1, 2005 at 2:00am my husband rushed me to the E.R. we thought I was having a heart attack, I couldnt breath, i felt like someone was chocking me, my heart was racing and I was vomiting so the doctors did all kinds of heart tests and said "you are having a severe panic attack". Now boy these panic attacks can really fool you! I still have the attacks but I have been put on meds. for them since my diagnosis and am doing better.
Next in Febuary I started having vision problems which I thought was nothing.
Then in the end of Feb. I woke up with the most terrible pain i have ever had. The pain was from my knees down to my ankles and in my left hip. The pain went all the way into my toes and felt like someone was beating my toes with a hammer and I would cry and cry. Now I had all this pain for about 3 weeks and one day it just stopped and then my muscles started to twitch all over my body so of course I go to the internet looking up Muscle twitching and come up with the terrible A.L.S. and I was so terrified so I called a doctor and made an appointment. He sent me to a rheumatologist and he said I think you may have Lupus, he said "twitching with lupus is rather rare but Lupus effects everyone differently" so he did the blood tests and believe me he did alot of test and called and said Yes you have SLE Lupus & MCTD and he also said that My blood is very thick due to the lupus.
So now I'm on Mobic for my joint pain, asprin twice daily to thin the blood , effexor for depression, klonopin to stop my severe panic attacks, and b-12. I go to my doc tomorrow to talk about a anti-malarial drug I will be starting.
I have been in terrible pain for about 6 months and now all of the sudden the pain is almost gone but I am still extremely fatigued. My doc says I was in a bad flare and that he's not sure how long I will be feeling good.
I am having alot of vomiting and I'm overweight but I have been losing 5-8 pounds a week because I have no appetite.....is anyone else having this problem? Also do any of you suffer from muscle twitches? The klonopin seems to have helped alot with them but I still have a few.
Thank you for reading my long long letter but I am very happy I found this group and if anyone would like to talk at anytime please email me i would love to have someone to talk to about this someone who knows what it's like.
Thankyou,
Faleisha[/b]