PDA

View Full Version : texann

alchapman42@yahoo.com
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
:no:i am 48 yrs of age and have had lupus sense i was 21 and maybe even eariler. i live in austin, tx and have had to stop working due to my kidney involvement and other problems. i have been on cellcept and 10 other drugs for over 3 yrs and it doesn't seem to be working and now my doctors and i are trying to make a decision on the next course of actions.

mountaindreamer
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
hi and welcome to our family,

we have several members with kidney involvement, so this is a good place to explore various treatment options. I hope you can find a treatment that works for you.....appears that the different meds work for a while, then they stop and we have to find another way to continue to live with lupus.

good luck, glad you found us.

Angel Oliver
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh welcome and hello.We will all be here to support you my friend. I dont have kidney involvement,well not that i know....my doctors arnt as trustworthy n thorough but i sure hope your doc is a good one.Let us know how you get on,the next actions he takes to help you.

love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx

KATROACH1972
06-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi, im from waco area. i have been on prednisone, cellcept, lodine, bp meds, acid reflux meds, ect........ and thats been 3yrs here too! I also dont seem to get any better! I dont think this Texas heat helps us one bit! Good luck! hugs kathy

dsunshine
06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
WELCOME to the site
Sorry to hear about the kidneys and meds not working but I do pray that your doctor finds something that works for you and your body responds positively.
Again welcome!

SandyR
06-26-2009, 05:11 PM
hello down in redhot TX from NY! I can't relate to the kidney problems, but it sounds like a lot of people are going to be able to relate to your experiences and gain from the wisdom they have afforded you. :yes: I saw that you said you had to stop working and I was wondering what you did and what you do now.
Sandy

Grime
06-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Just wanted to say welcome from another Texan. My daughter and family live in Round Rock.

Sure hope you find better medical care.

Lee_amyj
06-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I am new to this and still trying to get the hang of it... I am 19 y.o. and was "diagnosed" with lupus when i was 12... I live in Texas which is not such a great idea...but o well... The heat is really what gets me. but anyways... I am so glad i found this...

Amy

SandyR
06-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Lee, welcome! If you post your intro as a new thread, a lot of members will be able to see you.

Danica01
06-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I just wanted to say welcome to our family and I am sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. There are some people on the forum who also deal with kidney involvement and I am sure they would be happy to talk to you a bit about everything. You have come to an amazing meeting place with so many amazing, loving and helpful people. You will always have someone to talk to and you will never be alone. Keep us posted on how you are doing and jump in anywhere, we would love to hear from you :angelic: