PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson died!

kducks
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
TMZ has comfimred it.

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Story developing... :shocked:

http://www.tmz.com/

Wow, I heard he was suffering from Lupus a couple years ago, makes you wonder....

Angel Oliver
06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I know its so sad.xxx Just been confirmed here.xx

KATROACH1972
06-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I am sad, for his family, but I hope they mention his Lupus battle, i havent heard that metioned at all yet! hugs kathy

Angel Oliver
06-25-2009, 03:41 PM
TMZ n L.A Times all saying he has died...but they are saying its not 100% confirmed until they hear from the hospital who will be giving a report very soon....so we'll know for sure then.Be good if its not true,but aint looking good...is it.x

Angel Oliver
06-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Kducks......its confirmed 100% now.x

mountaindreamer
06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
i agree with what is being said....."we have lost possibly the most talented persons that this world has known."

If he truly had lupus, surely they will mention it....so far, it is amazing at all of the rumors that run around about him. They are alking about the different medical issues that he has faced, and he certainly had lupus symptoms....skin issues, pain, heart problems, etc....so maybe so. If this is true, and if the family will release it, this might be the boost that research for lupus so desperately needs.

dsunshine
06-25-2009, 03:50 PM
I just got several text while on lunch break and away from my desk. I can't believe it. I just read on several web sites and heard the breaking news as my sister watched the news and I overheard on the phone. On BET.com they did mention Lupus first as one of his ailments throughout the years. I am deeply saddened he has passed and my heart aches for his children BUT a part of me wants so badly for NEWs all over the world to announce Lupus as one of his ailments and for people to start questioning and looking into what Lupus is and bring the NATIONAL WORLD WIDE attention and research to this disease....Time is NOW! God Bless you MJ RIP!!!

Angel Oliver
06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Ah so sad......i really liked him allot n went to see him in concert.He 'll be missed so much.I was just also shocked to hear Farrah Fawcett has died this afternoon as well.What a very sad day.x

SandyR
06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
I didn't realize he had Lupus. I hope that they do mention that but so far CNN hasn't said anything about that.

rob
06-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow,

What a shock. And he was only 50 years old-very sad. Despite all the troubles he had, he was an absolutely amazing talent. I remember when the Thriller album came out. All my buddies and I were die-hard heavy metal fans. Then Michael Jackson comes along and makes music with more of a Motown beat that is so good that even hardcore headbangers love it. This is sad news. Rest in Peace.

BadFlareDay
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm the same age as Michael Jackson, I grew up listening to him. It is a very sad day for his many many fans including myself. May he Rest In Peace.

lucky7
06-25-2009, 06:51 PM
WOW, this REALLY made me sad today, i was SHOCKED when i heard it. :no: You are right Rob, he was liked by MANY, even the hard core rockers. I LOVED him growing up. I had posters all over my room, his tapes, buttons of him pinned to my jean jacket, this is TRUELY SAD.:hissyfit:

It saddens me about Farrah Fawcett as well. SO SAD. Cancer is such a poison as many other diseases are, as we all know. My heart goes out to both their families.

Its weird, too many deaths the past coulple days for me. Just 3 days ago my friend Lisa called me to tell me about her grandmother dying. Lisa and i grew up together and i went with her and her grandma to their cottage every summer. Then she told me a high school friend also died a few days ago . Gosh, you just never know. As i get older (and im not THAT old) more and more people i know pass away. SAD. Another old highschool friend died a few yrs ago from a brain annurism. We were close, just friends, but VERY close, he even met Carl. He was there for me through my pregnancy with Ash (she was from a 3yr relationship in high school) because the biological father took off. Mike was a good guy. He TRUELY cared about me, and thats hard to find in high school. My parents wanted us to date so bad, they LOVED him, but he was like my brother. I saw him just weeks before he died suddenly. He kept telling me he was having BAD headaches and nosebleeds, he ignored them.

Sorry everyone, boy i didnt know i was going to get so emotional and talk so much. I dont like unloading but i guess i needed to. I just feel very sad right now. THANKS for LISTENING. I guess i feel sad too because my aunt i ADORE is in the hospital dying from cancer and my uncle just had a heart attack on Sunday. UGH. I think i need to go to bed soon.

ginlyn
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi all
I was watching on the Fox channel in Denver when they mentioned about Michael Jackson, There was a Doctor on the news show and he had Mentioned that one of the things Michael Jackson had been diagnosed with was Lupus there was something else that was mentioned but I don't remember what it was. So if it was Lupus complications and they find that out I would think it would bring Lupus to the forefront at some level. At this point I just feel for his family and especially for his children.
Ginlyn:angelic: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett RIP

ginlyn
06-25-2009, 07:08 PM
WOW, this REALLY made me sad today, i was SHOCKED when i heard it. :no: You are right Rob, he was liked by MANY, even the hard core rockers. I LOVED him growing up. I had posters all over my room, his tapes, buttons of him pinned to my jean jacket, this is TRUELY SAD.:hissyfit:

It saddens me about Farrah Fawcett as well. SO SAD. Cancer is such a poison as many other diseases are, as we all know. My heart goes out to both their families.

Its weird, too many deaths the past coulple days for me. Just 3 days ago my friend Lisa called me to tell me about her grandmother dying. Lisa and i grew up together and i went with her and her grandma to their cottage every summer. Then she told me a high school friend also died a few days ago . Gosh, you just never know. As i get older (and im not THAT old) more and more people i know pass away. SAD. Another old highschool friend died a few yrs ago from a brain annurism. We were close, just friends, but VERY close, he even met Carl. He was there for me through my pregnancy with Ash (she was from a 3yr relationship in high school) because the biological father took off. Mike was a good guy. He TRUELY cared about me, and thats hard to find in high school. My parents wanted us to date so bad, they LOVED him, but he was like my brother. I saw him just weeks before he died suddenly. He kept telling me he was having BAD headaches and nosebleeds, he ignored them.

Sorry everyone, boy i didnt know i was going to get so emotional and talk so much. I dont like unloading but i guess i needed to. I just feel very sad right now. THANKS for LISTENING. I guess i feel sad too because my aunt i ADORE is in the hospital dying from cancer and my uncle just had a heart attack on Sunday. UGH. I think i need to go to bed soon.
Hi Lucky 7 I just wanted to remind you we understand and we are a safe place for you to let out how you are feeling we have all been there I know I have. Thats one of the reasons we come here for the support, Just wanted you to remember that.
Ginlyn

lucky7
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh THANK YOU so much Ginlyn. That means a lot to me right now. Im not one to ask for that listening ear much, if at all, but apparently i NEEDED to this time. Thanks for being there:cute:XXXXXXXX

Danica01
06-25-2009, 09:02 PM

It has been a very sad and odd day for us too. Tim,my love, found out that his one of his friends from his last job lost there grandparent today but the real sad one was that the mom of one of his buddies died today after a struggle with cancer. It has been a hard day and very sad. Hug your loved ones and remember to tell them just how much you love them every night, just in case you don't have the chance to tomorrow. I love all of you and good night :grouphug:

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-26-2009, 01:58 AM
i heard at mid night last night uk time its just so shocking he has died i feel so sorry for those kids it was bad enough dealing with a sudden death of a dad as an adult but lose your dad soo young must be heart renching!!!
i had heard rumours of him having lupus it would be something to come out of soemthing soo awful if it brought the awareness that lupus needs!!!!
R.I.P micheal my thought are with your family xxxxxxxx

Aimee
06-26-2009, 03:15 AM
I didn't know he has Lupus either....
may he rest in peace.

abbasgirl
06-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Just so much sad news lately.

(((Hugs)))) to everyone.

It sounds like the dose of demerol put him into cardiac arrest. If they don't mention the Lupus, then I think at least they will mention the dangers of pain medications. Maybe both will get mentioned.

Should you find yourself having to use medications like that, friends, please be very careful. There's only one you. I've been on some whoppers that have frightened my family and myself.

SuperGiv
06-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Incredibly sad news :( I was in NYC when i heard about it, some guy told us (me and the bf) on the subway and we thought he was joking, then we got to JFK and saw it on the TV. I think it's so sad because he's an amazing talent yet was such a troubled person.

I had heard about him suffering from lupus, and if its that which caused the complications then its very upsetting.

DrinkofWtr
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I felt bad about Ed McMahon and his passing. I remember him on the "Johnny Carson Show" and "Star Search" a forerunner of the talent shows on TV today. He was a generous man and gave away a lot of money to charity, etc. He had financial troubles too, like Michael Jackson. His house was almost foreclosed on. Donald Trump bought his house and Ed McMahon was allowed to continue to live there. He was 86 years old at his passing and left several children, a wife and several grandchildren. I don't know if he had great-grandchildren.

rob
06-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I felt bad about Ed McMahon and his passing. I remember him on the "Johnny Carson Show" and "Star Search" a forerunner of the talent shows on TV today. He was a generous man and gave away a lot of money to charity, etc. He had financial troubles too, like Michael Jackson. His house was almost foreclosed on. Donald Trump bought his house and Ed McMahon was allowed to continue to live there. He was 86 years old at his passing and left several children, a wife and several grandchildren. I don't know if he had great-grandchildren.

I remember Star Search, and of course, The Tonight Show back when it was Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon. They were legends-and so funny. They had a class that many entertainers today seem to lack.

lucky7
06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Boy Rob, isnt THAT the truth. Its too bad huh. Things were SO different then, so ORIGINAL.:no:

ashleybaby715
06-27-2009, 06:48 PM
michael jackson was awesome.
people of all ages loved him, cuz i know i sure did!
his music is amazing, and he was a really good person, beneath all the rumors.

i didn't know he had lupus!?!

DrinkofWtr
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I forgot to mention that Ed McMahon had lots of health challenges in his later years. He had slipped and broke his neck and couldn't work for a long time. That is when his financial problems compounded themselves. My Dad was seated next to Ed once on a flight to Sacramento, CA. Ed treated everyone nicely on the plane, unlike some celebrities we have heard about.

ginlyn
06-28-2009, 03:54 PM
i heard at mid night last night uk time its just so shocking he has died i feel so sorry for those kids it was bad enough dealing with a sudden death of a dad as an adult but lose your dad soo young must be heart renching!!!
i had heard rumours of him having lupus it would be something to come out of soemthing soo awful if it brought the awareness that lupus needs!!!!
R.I.P micheal my thought are with your family xxxxxxxx
I agree it would be nice if they were to mention Lupus but it seems they are kind of going with a accidently drug od. We will have to wait for the toxicology results before the truth comes out.
Ginlyn

mortifiedat52
06-28-2009, 05:05 PM
On the Today show this morning, Deepak Chopra, medical doctor, author, and friend of Michael Jackson was interviewed. He mentioned that Michael had vitiligo, an autoimmune disease, as well as lupus. but he did not implicate either condition as a possible cause of his death... everyone seems to be pointing the finger toward prescription drugs, specifically pain killers..

so very very sad... what a talent he was...

tasha
06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
i cried for the last several days after finding out michael jackson died. i feel like i lost part of my childhood. i was born in '86 and i remember dancing to him endlessly as a kid and in dance recitals. and i remember watching all his videos on MTV. i always loved him and it is such a shock to hear about his death. he was so talented and such a good man.

i went out to a lounge in newport beach on friday night and they played michael jackson songs all night long and my sister, a friend, and i danced nonstop. it made me so happy to be able to do that but super sad at the same time. <3 RIP MJ.

in regards to all the mention of him with lupus... i think the reason they aren't making a big deal about it is because he has been in remission for awhile. even so, he still tried to stay out of the sun and always took a parasol with him outside to be extra safe. i'm glad his lupus was in remission considering all the other health problems he had :no:

chas
06-29-2009, 03:00 PM
This article talks about Lupus and Michael Jackson but appears poorly researched and more sensationalist than informative - here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/the-real-reason-for-micha_b_221825.html)

lucky7
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, ive been crying off and on A LOT since hearing about Michaels death. Still cant believe it. I too grew up with him,he will be MISSED

Angel Oliver
07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Thought id bring this one to the front again,as tomorrow the KING of pop is buried.Its shameful how again even in death,the media are still hounding this poor man.He will be missed by his true fans and loved ones.The world will grieve tomorrow as the media use his name for money,so sad.R.I.P.x

Amanda.x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLPBS4Qgqohttp: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCpLjpOsiNw&feature=related)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwsJ3Rj5Q9w&feature=related

2 songs to listen to.x

Angel Oliver
07-07-2009, 07:11 AM
They are moving Micheal to the Staples centre for the memorial.So nice for the fans....n the family to feel what a son they had.xxxxxxxxxx

kducks
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
My boyfriend wasn't feeling any love for Michael this morning as he was trying to get to work in the mess on the freeways. I don't understand why they couldn't have done this on the weekend when people aren't trying to get to work and having to deal with major freeways being shut down out here. They were nice enough to make a website where we can pick up the tab for city and police today. Thanks.... :wacko::no:

Angel Oliver
07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh well i watched the memorial and cried nearly all the way through.What a lovely memorial....so sad he's gone.

love
Amanda.xxxxx

Rastagirl
07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
My daughter is watching it and she just came and found me to tell me Michael's daughter tried to speak, but was so upset she could only say "I love you" and then broke down in tears.

So sad! My heart aches for his children....the pain and deep sadness of losing your father is enormous.

I gave my daughter a big hug, told her how much I love her...and she went back to watch a bit more.

It's a truly sad day for Michael's family and friends....as well as all his fans around the world. He has most definitely touched many, many lives with the time he spent here on earth.

:cool2: Lori

Angel Oliver
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I totally agree with all you said Lori.xxxxxxxxx

lucky7
07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
I felt very very SAD about Michael the past few days and of course today as well. I too cried almost all the way through. Im mostly sad not because of the entertainer we lost BUT because of the PERSON we lost. His songs sent so MANY GOOD messages. He was a VERY CAREING and DEEP person who GAVE so much of himself through his success to help others. He just wanted everyone to get along no matter what your race. He wanted to help children alll over the world who needed it and he rallied others to do the same. He was all HEART. I WILL MISS HIM

Oluwa
07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Deaths, funerals do not work around people, the living...it is the living that has to accommodate the deaths, the memorial.

Whether a precession, tribute uses one police car or 300 the city always pick up the tab...famous or not.

I enjoyed the tribute, memorial....I had seen and felt all the love through the sadness. It moved me.

Love,
O.

Rastagirl
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Very gracefully spoken, Oluwa......your words are so true. :angelic:

I have been held up on a freeway entrance before, late for some appointment.....wondering what was going on.....and then see the funeral procession, led by officers on motorcycles....taking a beloved person to their final resting place, and I am always struck by how deeply moving it is to wonder in sadness, as the family and friends pass by, "who was this person....what did they mean to others....how did they leave their mark on this earth???"

It is always a moving experience for me...and one that deserves a moment of silence and a quick prayer in their honor. Whoever they may be.

:heart: Lori

lucky7
07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Boy isnt that the truth Oluwa and Lori, you BOTH said it SO WELL.

I too Lori think the very same things as you when i see a procession. SO SAD, no matter WHO the person is.:heart:

mountaindreamer
07-07-2009, 04:47 PM
i always take a moment and send the family a wish for peace and rest.

lucky7
07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Thats VERY SWEET Phyllis:heart:

rob
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I was reading an interview with an English fellow who handled security for Michael for many years, and became his friend. He talked of how the charges against him were fabricated. I've always hoped, as have many, that his aquittal from all of those terrible charges was legitimate, and that he would never victimize a child. His friend spoke of how Michael would cry when he saw people in third world countries with nothing, no food no hope. He said he would take him out driving around London and he would stop and write out checks to various homeless shelters, and never wanted to do it when the cameras were in view.

He gave the impression that Michael was a genuine, nice, humanitarian man. He described him as a person who was ill prepared for the level of fame he achieved, and was unable to deal with the fact that there were legions of dishonest people wanting to take advantage of him. The interview left me with the thought that beyond the bizzare behavior witnessed by the public in his later life, that he was in fact, a sincere, generous, good person.

I remember when the Thriller album came out, and my headbanger buddies and I were not interested. Then we heard that the new song on the radio called "Beat It", featured Eddie Van Halen on lead guitar-well, maybe we should listen to this after all! I don't know how many of those tapes and vinyl copies of that album that we wore out, but it was many. It was great music that opened up a whole new world for us-Motown, was cool! The man had talent that only comes along once in a great while, and is many times never recognized, let alone heard, and loved by millions of people.

That's how I prefer to remember Michael Jackson.

lucky7
07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Nicely said Rob, i second that:heart:

Angel Oliver
07-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes Rob well said i third that!! Lifes gonna be different without him in it.xxxxxxxx

Saysusie
07-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Rob;
Thank you for posting that. Like you, in my heart, I always believed that Michael was not capable of the things that he was charged with. I think that he was fully capable of showing genuine love and tenderness, especially towards children, as he was robbed of his childhood. I believe that there were too many who, in an effort to receive monetary gain, wanted to turn his genuine love and tenderness into something sordid and were willing to destroy his life in order to get money! When it was discovered that his own housekeepers forged pages in their supposed diary..I knew then, without a doubt, that he was in a world surrounded by jackals with no one whom he could truly trust. Elizabeth Taylor said it best (albeit with anger) that, of course Michael was not willing to let anyone in and of course his behavior became strange..almost every single person that he trusted had betrayed him.
I've read that he is in the Guinness books of records for the entertainer who has given the most to charities. Some of these other entertainers should take a page out of his book. Like you said, his philanthropy was genuine, not for the cameras!
He will be missed, he was an icon, he remained innocent, genuine, honest, caring, loving, untainted and true..even to the age of 50! He was, in a manner of speaking, a miracle!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
07-09-2009, 01:57 PM
That was so WELL SAID Saysusie. I agree with you 100%. We have lost a BEAUTIFUL person:angelic:

Angel Oliver
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes such lovely and true words.I miss him.xxxxx

lucky7
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I miss him too Amanda. I was out today driving(which is a rare thing these days! LOL) just listening to his CD and i cried a bit thinking about it all. He had so much to give as a kind hearted person. :heart:

Angel Oliver
07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Last night in the Uk was a documentary about Micheal in the last days of his life.At last,a programme about a nice man.His friends n collegues spoke nice about him,the lovely man they knew.Then another friend said how the family were sometimes not able to get in touch with him...as ''people'' who were befriending Micheal would change his telephone number,s Micheal never knew.His close family n friends tried so hard to get him help with the drug problems.The people he surrounded himself have allot to answer for.

Tonight is the repeat of the Bashir interview.I will NOT be watching it.This horrid man tricked Micheal into this interview and twisted it all,especially when he spoke about 'children'.Bashir should feel ashamed and i do NOT think they should show it again tonight.But as his friends said last night.Its all about the money now.The people who pretended to be his friends were just interested in his money and not him.So very sad.

They should just let him rest now,never mind the reopening of Neverlands to gain MOre money.Sometimes there is more to life than money especially in this situation.He was human,had feelings too. Just needed to say this.

love Amanda.xxxx

Saysusie
07-14-2009, 10:55 AM
With reference to the phones in his home: The doctor who was with him when he collapsed stated that, part of the problem with getting help was the fact that NONE of the land lines were operational, he did not know the phone number or address of the home, and it was difficult to get a cell signal. While he was administering CPR, he had to ask a member of the staff to go outside, get the address and call 911!
Just another testament to the isolation that this dear sweet soul lived in!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I know.A man loved n idolised by so many millions,yet so alone. He could'nt trust anyone in the end for fear he would be tricked,like in the past.The phone number story n not knowing the address,bet thats how he felt in his mind.So sad.Now he's at peace!

lucky7
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
AWWW, you two made me cry again. SO sad and your words are so true. What a lovely soul is right on the mark. :wub:

Angel Oliver
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
My grieving as a fan is coming out in my dreams.Micheal is in them almost every night..as a friend i knew.Obviously i didnt know him in real life.Always nice dreams though.

Love Amanda.xxxx