PDA

View Full Version : If they improve with prednisone... could it be???

justomegirlindallas
06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Question: I have a new symptoms which are unusual for me and that is horrible fatique. The fatique started when my joint pains started back up. The day the fatique was noticeable I also had morning fevers and noticed inflammation on my skin in various areas.

I asked my Rheumatologist about Methotrexate and she wanted me to see my GP who told me to check with my Rheumatologist. Then she suggested I get checked for Sleep Apnea
1. That is very expensive 2. I do not snore 3. The fatigue is a new symptom 4. My spouse confirms I do not have pauses in my breathing at night. I do not have risk factors for sleep apnea either.

I am going back to my GP today for labs (Arthritic Panel, ESR and CBC) and advise him of what my Rheumatolgist said. I will probably ask for a 10 day dose of Prednisone if he thinks it is reasonable treatment.

Would I be correct to assume if my symptoms improve on steriods that the symptoms are most likely caused by the autoimmune processes?

gina
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't know anyone with lupus who doesn't have faitgue especially when in a flare. its one of the symptoms they ask if you have when you go to the doctors. sleep apnea you throat is dry you snore alot and you stop breathing when sleeping and if your husband listen to you when sleeping i wouldn't waste money on that test. i did and what a waste that was before they told me i had lupus.

justomegirlindallas
06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Thank you for your response. I've had tiredness but never this kind of fatique where it seems difficult to pick my own body up sometimes tired. I didn't have this fatique after my bypass either - (I was a little weak but I was very anemic) The fatique only after my joints started hurting again -

Summer is the worst season for me. Last year a lot of my hair came out and I had rashes on my scalp that were painful. I haven't gotten those this year yet but why do I have to wait until I start suffering before I can get the treatment I need?