PDA

View Full Version : left eye tempoary blindness???

KATROACH1972
06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I had some weird junk again! I do have macular degeneration in both eyes, and they dont know why! Well, lastnight while I was watching cartoons with my youngest my left eye totally went out! Freaked me out bigtime! My hubby was on nights, and I called him, and he said"well, just see what it does!" yeah right see! haha! Anyways, I just turned tv off and lights off, and made one of my older kids take my youngest to sleep with her. Needless to say I can see okay today! It was scarey though! any1 ever do that b4?:unsure:PS. i am in a flare, dont know if that anything to do with it.

justomegirlindallas
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
You need to let your doctor know about that. That happened to me but I was having TIA's (mini strokes)

Angel Oliver
06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes tell your doctor.I had tis allot after christmas and recently.It got better after i stopped a few meds Tramadol,Lyrica,Amitriptaline. I went to the doctors,bearing in mind,mine arnt that trust worthy,he was'nt bothered n said its migrane.Even though i was also numb for a few weeks on my left side.
You get it checked out and soon.

love
Amanda.(I am allergic to a few meds n react differently to em).xxx

MicRoMediC
06-25-2009, 09:10 AM
I had that happen to me at age 19. It was only with one eye. Looking back, now that I'm diagnosed with Lupus and a clotting factor (Lupus Anticoagulant Antibody), they think it was a TIA, like Anna was talking about. I had no pain and it went away within a few hours. I went straight to an eye doctor who sent me to an eye surgeon and they couldn't tell me anything. I know this doesn't help but I know where you're coming from. I would definitely call your doctor ASAP if you haven't already.

KATROACH1972
06-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I am so bad, I havent called. Its like I have so many different wacked out stuff everyday, I get where I dont contact Dr. because they always make me feel stupid when I do. kathy

Angel Oliver
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Kathy, i understand you cause it happened to me yesterday.But i still go and i will continue to make a nuisance of myself until i get the answers i need to get me well again.So this is my advice......GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!!
You are our friend...we need you to get help and soon.They are only human,if they give you attitude...give it back...i do.Its working for me slowly.Yesterdays rheumi only got away with it cause i had face ache....next time......he'll be sorry i had an appointment cause i aint leaving till i get answers.
Good luck.
love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

KATROACH1972
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Thank you sweetie! i may call tomorrow. hugs Kathy Just dont want to be in heat, or ridiculed! lol huggs again Kathy

Angel Oliver
06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
When you get there...take a plastic bag first fill it with ice cubes n hold it to you...to keep you cool not to hit the doctor with :) Now when you are there...your prompt is as you sit down..remember when you sit down....imagine us all there with you...i'll be the one with a big frying pan ready t hit the doc with...the others will have plates,eggs.....we will be there to give you strength....dont you be intimidated we are there with you....im good with a frying pan...ok? You feel that courage....n he'll feel the frying pan if he even tries to intimidate you....talk talk n keep talkin till you know you feel he has listened!!!

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

KATROACH1972
06-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Thank you! My frying pan carring friend! I will if I remember to! I am so bogged down with the four kids being out of school, and hubby working shift work! Hugs kathy