PDA

View Full Version : Anxious anyone?

Leksie
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Does anyone have anxiety issues?

Natasha :unsure:

justomegirlindallas
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
yes! Anxiety was the worst in my mid/early twenties and while on drugs like prednisone

xanax works wonders :)

pandagirl
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh yessss. I have had anxiety for a long time..never really knew why. Know I know it preciptates a flare with me. I take Elavil to help sleep and I noticed it has reduced my anxiety. I always thought i was just going crazy...now I know I truly had a physical problem and it all ties together.

Angel Oliver
06-24-2009, 05:37 PM
EXTREMELY!!! I'll catch up with you n message you.If i get foggy remind me..just has 2 teeth out n drugged up...but it'll interesting to hear how you cope n feel n how it started,n i'll send you to sleep with my story :) xxxx

WantItGone
06-24-2009, 09:40 PM
i do!!!! as you can tell from my latest thread, i'm worried/anxious about a lot of things (platelets & liver enzymes). i'm just trying to pray & trust that God will work everything out. i would say i'm mostly anxious about the "what if's." anyway, yes, i'm anxious! lol.

Oluwa
06-25-2009, 06:21 AM
I have issues with anxieties. For me, they stem from thinking, walking with my mind into the depths of Lupus...the what if's especially when my pain and fatigue is at a 10 and into the what was, my life without the disease...

And all that thinking had a domino affect into the rest of my life...overwhelmed.

I avoid taking those mind trips...and if not successful I pop a Xanax. For the most part I do pretty good..least now I don't pack a bag and stay in that feeling for days...I can work it out with my thoughts or not think.

Love,
O.

MicRoMediC
06-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I do too. It comes and goes. Some days I get really depressed then some days I get seriously anxious and don't have a reason to be. I'm almost to the point of going to the doc to get something for it.

lucky7
06-25-2009, 02:16 PM
ANXIETY!!!!!!! HECK YEAH I DO!!!:shocked: I NEVER had this much before! It makes sense though, because this illness attacks your CNS, our brains are part of that, so there ya go!!! Shoot, if you add in Perimenopause,menopause or any chemical imbalances we just have a nice little breeding ground for a loopie mind!!!! :wacko:

mountaindreamer
06-25-2009, 02:21 PM
i find that just before a flare, i will bet very anxious, snappy, and just overall in a bad mood....a flare is soon to follow.

BadFlareDay
06-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I suffer from deep depression and severe anxiety. I'm not sure if it is a combo of all my meds, Lupus or just life in general that brings it on, maybe all 3 are culprits.

Danica01
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
With everything going on in my life I am sooooooooo anxious!!!!! I worry about where I will live, what city we will be moving to, what type of job I should look for and even when to and if I can even start a family!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have so much on our plates with everything going on in our bodies and in our lives. I think we should start an anxiety thread so we can each vent to each other about the things that make us anxious each day! It could be a therapy thread :ponder: If we get it out, who knows, it may help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abbasgirl
06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Danica...you've got a great idea about an anxiety thread...or how about a social group?

Well, now I know why that happens before I go into a flare. I'm just now putting two and two together. I wonder why it happens right before a flare.

Danica01
06-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Putting two and two together happens a lot for us!!!! It may take some time but we always find some connection for every condition that goes back to our Lupus!

A social group would be great!!!!! I think we would all laugh our anxiety away, not a bad way to get rid of it if I do say so myself :cute:

Lee_amyj
06-27-2009, 11:09 PM
That is such a great idea! i would love to join a social group... that would be so amazing..!:laugh: