PDA

View Full Version : butterfly rash

pandagirl
06-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I know the "typical" lupus rash is red butterfly across the bridge and cheeks...but mine is red on cheeks and blanched pale white next to my nose,beginning of cheek area( I am two tone..lol) Anyone have similar happen, I feel like a freak!!!

mountaindreamer
06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
hi pandagirl,

my rash changes when i have a flare, when i have been in sun, and whenever it wants to.....sounds like yours has a mind of its own as well.

butterflybabe
06-23-2009, 04:54 AM
Yeah mines is like that too! :yes: It's not like a continuous patch of pink it breaks up inbetween where there's patches on both cheeks, with the right side always being more red than the left for me, and sometimes a random blotch right on the bridge of the nose. It's so unpredictable! I also get small rash patches on the neck bone and top of the chest area which are sore when pressed. My eyes can sometimes look inflammed too. I find Ibuprofen not that effective for these marks but still take it anyway.

DrinkofWtr
06-23-2009, 08:58 AM
I have been told my rash is the "Classic" one, but my eyes and the area around them frequently get inflammed.

Delphinia981
06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Panda,

My rash seems to have a mind of it's own, too. I have found that using Aveeno Ultra Calming Lotion (about $16 at any food or drug store) has made a MASSIVE difference with mine. Also, laying slices of cold cucumber on it has helped in a pinch when I'm having a terrible flare. Hope this helps you!

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 01:26 PM
thanks for the info carrie,

i have not found a facial lotion that truly calms the rash....also, i would have never thought of cold cucumber....i will definitely try these.

Delphinia981
06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for the info carrie,

i have not found a facial lotion that truly calms the rash....also, i would have never thought of cold cucumber....i will definitely try these.

I've even used the lotion and then put the cucumber on top of it for times when I REALLY need it gone...like, for a wedding or special event. I have no problems with it anymore...I use the lotion daily, and I have not had a rash in over 3 weeks...even with flares!!! :cute:

lucky7
06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Thumbs up to that Carrie!!!!!!! :thumbs-up:

mountaindreamer
06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
i am going to the store today.....i imagine that i will get a few stares when i buy lotion and a cucumber....mmmmm wonder what i am up to.

lucky7
06-24-2009, 11:39 AM
LOL PHYLLIS!!!!!! I love you!!!!! You go girl!!!!! Just look at them and say"YUP, its what you're thinking".! LOL:laugh:

Sandra
06-24-2009, 02:00 PM
oooohh I like the aveno thing, I will look for it too, I too get the red cheeks, not so much on my nose, but my eyes and neck/chest like to join in....
cool cucumber slices sounds good too...a few extra with some dip...only I hoe i don't get the dip and the lotion mixed up!
thanks Sandra

kducks
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
i am going to the store today.....i imagine that i will get a few stares when i buy lotion and a cucumber....mmmmm wonder what i am up to.

Oh my, I just laughed so hard here at work my co-workers probably think I'm crazy! :laugh-floor: I didn't realize we have so many naughty smilies btw...lol.

SandyR
06-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I thought I was alone with the Houdini rash! :laugh: Mine also disappears and reappears or appears more on one side then the other depending on if I am in the sun, feverish, stressed, feeling well, if it's a tuesday or there's a rainbow or just no other random reason that I can think of at all. :wacko: Carrie - I found Aveeno is calming too :yes: before I even realized that my rash was less like rosy cheeks or rosecea I thought I had and more like the butterfly. I also found that their face wash and moisturizer is also calming to the face when it flares. :cute: When I use those products habitually, I tend to hear less "Do you know your cheeks are really red right now?!" from others and I see good results in the mirror too.

lucky7
06-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Isnt that the truth Kducks!!!! LOL there are ones that i will NEVER use because i dont want to offend anyone with my sick humor at times!! LOL:laugh:

mountaindreamer
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
thanks jeannette and kducks,

i have been out of town on business, and i worried the whole time while on the road that i had offended someone.....sometimes i push the "submit" button a little too quickly.

lucky7
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I want to use some SO BAD sometimes Phyllis, but, i control my trigger finger!!!! Its all about self-control is what i tell myself. LOL :laugh: