PDA

View Full Version : Can't Lift Things Anymore

DrinkofWtr
06-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Yesterday I lifted a box of 45 records and suffered for it all day. I was wondering if any of you have the same problem. I have noticed the last year that I am able to lift less and less weight. Is this associated with lupus, or possibly some other problem? I worry, if this could be a symptom of MS or some other neuromuscular condition. Help?

mountaindreamer
06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
hi drink,

yes, i have noticed a huge decrease in my physical strength. I now buy small containers of milk, detergent, etc....i just don't have the strength to pick up heavy weights. I also have lost just about all of my strength in my hands and forearms....this is where i really notice the difference.

so sorry you are experiencing this, wish this disease would give us a break.

magistramarla
06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Yup, same here.
I feel so useless when I can't be much help with packing and moving things around in preparation for our move.
Marla

SandyR
06-22-2009, 08:07 PM
me three!!!! (or four I guess). :) I have found that my hand strength and grip is so much weaker then it was just last year. Even opening a jar is incredibly harder then it should be.

red246
06-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Me, too! Just even over the past month the strength in my hands has decreased even more. I don't dare try to lift a pot that is full or put baking dishes in the oven anymore. Thank goodness there's usually at least one kid around to help!

DrinkofWtr
06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I feel a bit better now having heard from others of you who have the same problem. I too am scared to death of spilling something hot from the oven on me. Something that was too heavy to lift, but not realizing in advance that it might be too heavy.

BadFlareDay
06-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Other day I was having a very difficult time raising my bedroom window so I could put the fan in it. I'm scared now because what will I do in the event of a fire.

DrinkofWtr
06-23-2009, 09:24 AM
I know how you feel. Yesterday, I couldn't open by bedroom window no matter how hard I tried. What would I do also in a fire. On an extremely hot day, I would just have to leave the house for the day. I don't think the other open windows would cool the place down enough to be able to stay indoors.

Delphinia981
06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh, my strength has been in the crapper for years now. I have days where my body will rally and I'll be able to pick up a car (relatively speaking), but some days, I can barely pick up my 3-year old...who is 34 pounds. You are not alone!!

lucky7
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Nope you are not alone, i used to work out with much heavier weights but now im reduced to 5-10 lbs!!! :wideeyed:

KATROACH1972
06-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I also am unable to lift. I was a nurse 17 years, and now I do good to carry a 2liter! and i also drop everything! ugh!!!! HUGS kathy

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, me too Kathy!!! I drop things as well!!!!! Ive always been "butterfingers" but its even WORSE since getting sick!! LOL :laugh: Things are always flying across the room these days!!! The kids duck alot more!! LOL :popworm:

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 04:19 PM
thanks for the laugh jeannette....i can visualize kids ducking from flying objects....

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
You are very welcome Phyllis!! LOL Im glad i could make you laugh!!!!! Thats what friends are for!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Danica01
06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
I am dropper of things! I can be holding something and the next minute it s all over the floor, oooooops! I also run into things. I run into the bedroom wall at least three times a day! Tim gets a pretty good laugh out of this one. The whole lifting things, I have been struggling with that for a bit. I just don't have the energy or the strength to do it most days! it is nice reading that so many others have this problem right now.....thank you all for actually making me feel normal!!!!!!

:grouphug:

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:29 PM
We are all here to bump off of walls and have things fly out of our hands together Danica!!!! LOL Shoot, we better be careful though if we all ever get together in the same room!!! LOL Now that would be some good footage for Funniest Home Videos!!!!! LOL

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, i just thought though, we could win the $100,000 grand prize for our clumsiness!!!!! We SHOULD have a Lupus gathering!!!!!:laugh:

Danica01
06-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey guys, i just thought though, we could win the $100,000 grand prize for our clumsiness!!!!! We SHOULD have a Lupus gathering!!!!!:laugh:

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in 100%!!!!!!!!

:-)

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Ive said it before Danica but i AM SERIOUS TOO!!!!! I would LOVE it!!!!:1244:This is my happy dance im doing just thinking about how FUN it would be!!!!!