PDA

View Full Version : husband very ill

kim,l
06-21-2009, 05:57 AM
hi everyone sorry i have not been available my husband stephen is in hospital very ill he has pheumonia and infection in his blood, he also has changes to his kidney.s they are not functioning and he has heart arithymias his heart started racing very fast last night the doctors thought he was going to die they are still not sure if he is going to have a heart attack the oxygen is not getting to his heart i am so very worried he has been such a rock for me now i see him so sick and helpless my children are so distressed i am trying not to get to stressed because it is making me very unwell my lupus already flaring bad i just do not know how to control the stress i am being strong in front of my husband but when i get home i can.t stop crying and shaking i just do not know what i would do without him he is my best friend we just celebrated our 25 wedding anniversary in march he is my whole life i am so lucky to have him in my life. well i have to go now hope you are all having gooday where ever you are hugs kim

rob
06-21-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm sorry Kim,

Do they know what is causing this? I can't imagine the stress you are under right now. The fear must be awful. I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts, and wishes for a fast recovery.

Rob

Angel Oliver
06-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Kim,

Oh my im so sorry to read about how sick your husband is.I am thinking of you and your family and hope they help him to get much better.He is in the best place with Doctors who will give him the care he so needs right now.
I know you must be out of your mind with worry and so not well yourself. I wish i lived nearer to help you through this,but we all will be here waiting for your post to see how your husband is.Try and sleep when you can.I know it wont be easy but you need to stay strong.I hope you have lots of help from friends and family.We are here for you.

Sending you gentle hugs n love n hope
Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx

Pearl
06-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Kim -

Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Jana

BadFlareDay
06-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry that you have to endure the stress that you are currently under. I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers.

mountaindreamer
06-21-2009, 08:28 AM
hi kim,

i am so sorry about your husband's illness....i so wish that i were close enough to be there for you. You, Stephen, and your family are being sent all of the angels that i can find.....

invision all of us in a gentle cyber group hug with you in the middle.:grouphug:

please be good to yourself through these incredibly difficult times.

Rastagirl
06-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Kim....

Gentle hugs to you....I so understand how frightening it is....I'm coming up on my 26th Anniversary next week and my husband is my best friend as well. When you have that kind of love with a man and you've come to rely on their strength and support for so many years...it is devastating to see them struggling with sickness and to let your mind imagine a life without them. Try hard not to let your mind go there....instead, focus on trying to take care of yourself best you can, so you can endure all of this and be there by his bedside...and be there to reassure your children through this. I'm really sorry your flaring right now too...do you have ANY family or friends you can rely on, or ask for a bit of extra help through this?

Please know that I'll be praying for your Stephen....and you....and your kids. And for the doctors and nurses that are caring for him. I hope and pray that they can figure out what's going on and provide the best treatment possible for a full recovery.

You are all in my prayers.... :angelic:

Love,

:heart: Lori

kim,l
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
thank you all for your kind words and prays they now no that my husband had a heart attack during the week after i took to the emergency room and they sent him home with sinus tablets and aspirin he is still having trouble breathing and his kidneys are not fun ctioning properly i am so very angry with these emergency doctors stephen could have died because of there mistake his heart is still racing and they are doing more test to find out what is causing this problem it is very worrying but i will keep onhoping and praying i am not feeling very well today iam feeling very fatigued and shaking a lot my muscles are very week and i have extemely bad headache i am very stressed well i must go now i am going back to the hospital will talk to you all soon many thanks kim

Danica01
06-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Kim,

I am so sorry you are going through this. It makes my heart ache just thinking of you being scared for your husband and then you start feeling ill.It is hard to be strong but you can do it and always remember you have us. We are here to celebrate good news, hold you hands through bad times and give you support when you are not feeling well. You are amazing and I am sure your husband is thanking his lucky stars that he has an amazing wife who is standing by him in sickness and health. You are doing a fantastic job and don't doubt yourself. I know you are frustrated with the doctors. Keep your head up and remember, you are fighting for your husbands well being. If the doctors are not listening to you and your husband and you are unhappy with the result you are getting, you can always ask for a doctor to be assigned to your husbands case. Just hang in there and update us when you can. You are in my heart and my thoughts. I am sgentle hugs and well wishes your way

Danica

:hug:

debbie-b
06-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Kim,

I am so sorry for what you and your husband are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish him a speedy recovery and for you the strength you need to get through this.

Debbie

DrinkofWtr
06-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Kim,

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

magistramarla
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Kim,
We're all thinking of you and your family. Remember to take good care of yourself. He'll need you to feel better when you take him home.
Keep us informed.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

MicRoMediC
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
so sorry to hear. thoughts and prayers are always with you and your husband.

SandyR
06-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Kim,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will say a prayer for you and Stephen that he feels better soon and that you will still be able to lean on your rock for many years to come.

*hugs*

Sandy

Larz77
06-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Thoughts, prayers and best wishes from my family to yours.

Larz

kim,l
06-23-2009, 04:17 AM
my husband stephen has had a very bad day he is very confused today suffering hallucinations they seemed to think that while we were away on holidays he got bit by something maybe a tick and now has infection that could have spread through his body to his brain . tomorrow they will give a lumbar puncture this is very distressing to him . it is breaking my heart to see him this way he has severe mood swings and does not remember having them the doctor said it could be life threatening i am extremely scared i could lose him i just cannot stop crying and mychildren are so scared i do not know what to say to them i am trying to stay strong but it is so hard well thankyou for listening and for all your prayers kim l

Pearl
06-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Lord, wrap your loving and gracious arms around this family today. Give them strength and comfort in their time of need. Let them feel the love of all here who pray for them, and let these prayers bring them peace.

Kim - Please take care today. Stay strong.

Jana

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 06:15 AM
hi kim,

i join Jana in her prayer for your family....i hope today offers peace to you and your family,and that your husband, stephen, reaches a turning point and begins to heal.

Delphinia981
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
God Bless you, Kim. I know this is hard. Lumbar punctures really aren't that bad. I have had 10 of them!!

I also join Jana in her prayer for you...and also ask God to give you serenity, understanding, and strength...for yourself, and for your family. I know that this is just as hard on you as it is for Stephen...he may be the one who is ill, but you are carrying the burden for him. You are a loving wife, and he is blessed to have you by his side. Sending you love and light!!

lucky7
06-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh Kim, i am so sorry to hear about your husband:no: You and your family are in my thoughts and my heart and please take care of yourself through this all. The best of luckXXXXXXXXXXX

Danica01
06-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I am thinking of you tonight and hoping that things go well in the coming days. We are all here for you so just let it all out to us. Keep us posted and no that if you need anything we are here! I am sending you lots of hugs and get well wishes for your husband...........

kim,l
06-24-2009, 06:35 AM
stephen,s condition worsened today he was in and out of conciousness and his hallucinations have got worse he is very weak doctors are very concerned had 2nd mri today as well as ct scan and chest xray and lumbar puncture they could not get the needle in properly took over 20 attempts to get spinal fluid they thought he had meningititis but all the tests have come back clear we are still not sure what is wrong they have order eeg and another mri tommorrow as well as more blood tests he is so sore from all the bloodtests i am really beginnning to get scared now . thankyou all so very much for your prayers and support it is just good to have someone to vent to sometimes i have not slept in days and am feeling very weak but i have to stay strong for stephen he needs me.

lucky7
06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh Kim i am so sorry that things have gotten worse:no: You are rigth though, your husband DOES NEED YOU, so get YOUR rest when YOU can because YOU need to feel WELL to be THERE FOR HIM my friend. I cant even imagine your worries right now. I am thinking of you and your husband and i am wishing for the BEST for BOTH of you. Gentle HUGS to the 2 of youXXXXXXXXXXX

magistramarla
06-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Stay strong, Kim.
We're all sending you good thoughts. Please take care of yourself!
Marla

MicRoMediC
06-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Kim-Are they calling it encephalitis?

mountaindreamer
06-25-2009, 01:56 PM
hi kim,

so sorry yesterday was so difficult....was today any better? We are here whenever you need to vent, please try to rest and take care of yourself.

you and your husband are being sent all of the angels that i can find.

magistramarla
06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I hope that Kim checks in soon. I'm wondering how both of them are doing?
Marla

Danica01
06-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Marla,

I am feeling the same way. I have been thinking about her and hoping that she is doing well and her husband has turned the corner on a more positive and healthy path. I hope she check in soon. Until then I am sending lots of gentle hugs and well wished her way for bother her and her husband:grouphug:

kim,l
06-29-2009, 01:48 AM
stephen still in hospital has rare phemonia they cannot seem to be able to make him better last night got phone call from hospital his heart was racing out of control nurses were worried stephen was so scared they had to give him special medication to slow it down they had him on heart monitor all night and nurse with him all the time they are trying to figure out what is causing this it is very frightening because one minute he is alright then he takes a turn for the worse. i only hope he has a goodnight sleep his constant coughing and the fluid on his lung makes it hard he has to sit up it is the only relieve he has. the stress is beginning to affect me i could hardly move this morning it was in severe pain and fatigue was very bad i also have bad headaches and my feet and hands are swollen i try not to show that i am unwell in front of stephen because he worries so much about me and he has to be the main priority now. will try to sleep tonight but very hard without him home miss him very much he is my whole life can.t imagine my life without him in it well thankyou for all your prayers and good wishes you have all given me the strength to get through this hard time i am so very grateful to you all love and hugs kim.

magistramarla
06-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Kim,
Thanks so much for updating us. Now at least they know that it is pneumonia, perhaps they will be better able to bring it under control. Have you seen your rheumy since all this began? Maybe he/she can prescribe something to help keep your own problems under better control. You don't need a really bad flare right now. Take care of yourself, so that you and Stephen can take care of each other when he gets home!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

Pearl
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to let you know I am still praying for you and for your family. Hopefully they will get on top of this very soon.

Jana

mountaindreamer
06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
hi kim,

thank goodness they at least know what is going on with Stephen....i am so sorry that you both are having to go through this, but hopefully they will now be able to get him on the road back to health.

Marla made a good point....your rheumy might be able to give you something that will get you past this flare....it is certainly worth a call to see.

i am wishing you and stephen a peaceful night's sleep, and a better tomorrow.

Delphinia981
06-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Kim,

Am still sending you all the love, light, and prayer I can muster. You will both get through this difficult time, and it will make you stronger. Stephen is lucky to have such a dedicated partner at his side...truly a blessing. I'm sure you know how it feels when it seems there is no end in sight, but there always is. I hope to hear some good updates coming soon...from both of you!!

God Bless,
Carrie

kim,l
06-30-2009, 04:43 AM
hi everyone well things have changed again stephen was feeling a little better today and we had hope things were getting better but tonight i got a phone call my eldest daughter who has mental health issues was just diagnosed with swine flu and she is very sick and we have all been in contact with her including her father the hospital is now worried for his health they said any bit of flu could severly be dangerous to him. also because of my health it could be not good. we all have to be tested now they took my daughter by ambulance to hospital she suffers with severe asthma and they are really worried about her i really don,t know how much more of this i can take i feel very distressed right now stephen is now panicking and his heart is racing again the nurses are keeping a eye on him but he is severly worried i am very frightened for both of them my i feel like my strength is fading away i am so very tired. any prays would be gratefully appreciated now. thankyou all for your support it is good to have someone to talk to well by for now. kim

Patty13637
06-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Kim , you need to see your Dr NOW . You are going to be no good to anyone if you get much worse . You need to slow down some how . Is there family and friends near by that can stay with Hubby a bit so you can get some much needed rest ? Can the hospital bring in a chair bed so you can sleep while you are there ? Please call your Dr .

Praying .....

Patty

debbie-b
06-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Dear Kim,

I am so sorry, that you have to go through all this, it must be hard. You and your family are in all of our prayers. I am sending you gentle hugs.

Debbie

crmj1183
06-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Kim,

I know its tough but hang in there and remain strong. I too will keep your husband and family in my thoughts. Again stay strong.

abbasgirl
06-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Kim, thanks for letting us know how all of you are. My family and I are joining in prayer with everyone...that you will all be healed completely. ((((Hugs))))

mountaindreamer
06-30-2009, 09:25 AM
hi kim,

i truly believe in the power of prayer, there are so many people praying for you and your family, and i am sure that we will all pick up the pace a little.....Sweetie, are there friends or family that you can call on to come and be with you? Anyone that will drop everything and be by your side..... I agree that you should at least call your drs. office and let them know what is happening....maybe they can help.

please try to think of someone to call on,,,,this is just too much for one person to handle and you need a shoulder to lean on. I know how hard it is to ask someone to drop everything and come to you, but this is a time when it is warranted, and you should not feel bad.....this is a time for someone stand by your side.

magistramarla
06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Kim,
Words can't express how much we all feel for you. Please, please see your Rheumy and get as much help as you can get. We're all thinking of you and your family.
Take care of yourself, and your loved ones!
Marla

alovinghusband
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I will say a prayer for your family I know my wife had people in several states praying for her I hope that God guides the doctors in the right direction and heals your husband and gives you the strength to continue on we dont know how much we can endure but God wont give you more than you can handle you will be stronger for it

lucky7
07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
AWWWW, im so sorry Kim for what is being added to your plate:no: I am thinking of you and your family and PLEASE take care of yourself because YOU matter to your loved ones and to us as well.:yes:GENTLE HUGSXXXXX