PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new!!

annie1
06-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Annie, I'm 18, and live near Brighton. I was diagnosed with SLE about 2months ago, after 3 years of symtoms. Although having loads of support from family, friends, and my amazing boyfriend, I am still struggling to come to terms with the diagnosis.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully find some people in a similar situation!

Annie x

dsunshine
06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Hello Annie!
Welcome to WHL! You have come to the right place to find support, compassion, understanding and new cyber friends who know exactly how you feel inside and out.

mountaindreamer
06-19-2009, 08:27 PM
hi annie,

i am so happy that you found this forum....you will be showered with knowledge from extremely compassionate people. Whenever you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Someone is always around and everyone helps each other....it is an incredible family.

so glad to hear about your family, friends and boyfriend. It makes it so much easier with that kind of support. I would suggest that you get one of them to accompany you to drs. appointments. It helps if someone can take notes while you talk with the dr.

we have several members in their teens and early twenties. It breaks my heart to hear you all struggle with lupus. You will really enjoy becoming friends with them. We also have members from all over the world... browse and enjoy.

so sorry of your diagnosis, it is a scary one, but we will help you learn how to live and enjoy your life.

Stacy
06-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello Annie! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find any information you need as well as additional support here :yes:

annie1
06-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome - hopefully I will be able to find comfort in this site. Hoping to meet some great people with this aweful illness.

Annie x

Angel Oliver
06-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi Annie and welcome to the site.Im sorry you have the diagnosis,but we will all be here for you and help you along.Im in Manchester...raining again...whats it like where you are?
Oh n so glad you have a good support system,friends n family...thats a fab thing as many dont have anyone only people on this site.You just rest when you need too...which will be often lol....and also try to enjoy life when you can too.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

Delphinia981
06-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey Annie!! My little girl is an Annie, as well (that's her in my avatar). Welcome to the board...I'm sorry that you have SLE (that's what I have, too), but you'll find some great info here. You'll also find compassion and understanding...there's just something about talking to people that are in your same boat that just makes it feel better. You can do this...and we're here to help...good days, and bad days!!

purple_butterfly
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Annie;
Welcome to the group. SLE diagnosis takes a long time in most instances. It took a long time for my diagnosis as well. I am glad you found this support group. Everyone here is friendly, caring and understanding. We are all on this ride together!!

Danica01
06-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi Annie!!!!

I wanted to officially say welcome to our family! You find that everyone has so much knowledge to share with you and so much love to give! You are not alone and never will be. We we be here with you through everything!!!!!