PDA

View Full Version : Doctor's appt. bust

shepherdgirl
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I was supposed to go in for a doctor's appt today b/c of the collection of symptoms I'd been having the past two weeks. The new rheum. that I saw last time only accepts cash and checks. I had one check in my wallet, it was missing the check number in the upper right hand corner (when I tore it from the check book, the number must have torn off, I didn't notice at the time).
I wrote the check, thinking that they'd still take it b/c the check number is still on the check, in the code at the bottom (I worked as a receptionist for a vet for 3 years-this was never a problem). The last time I was in there, they said they'd bill me if I forgot since I don't carry cash or checks with me, they do this with other patients. We normally pay with a Flex card.
I get in there and the office manager said that she would not accept the check and I'd have to go get cash at the hospital across the street before I see the dr. I refused, seeing as it would cost me money to get money from that atm. Plus, getting to the ER at the hospital is a nightmare. Even after talking to her for a bit, she refused to take the check. I canceled my appt for today and for my blood work on July 1st.
Now I'm left wondering what to do. I had one rheum. tell me I have Lupus, one tell me he doesn't know what I have, maybe Lupus, fibro, anxiety, or "preoccupied with bodily functions" (whatever that means).
What do I do?
We caught this by accident, I went to my pcp for a sinus infection and my dh had the dr. check these strange symptoms. The dr. ended up doing tons of bloodwork that caught the positive ANA. My dh, btw is frustrated beyond belief.
What happens if I don't treat this and it ends up being Lupus? Is there anything else this could be?
I'm really, really, REALLY done with doctors.
Thanks for any advice. Any directions to a magic pill to make it all go away would be nice, too. :yes:

Angel Oliver
06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
What a horrible experience and what a tosser that woman is!! My advice is hang in there.Im like you....no positive diagnosis. But i am gonna keep going back ,becaue one day,like many others members here,we will get our answer and the proper help we need.Yes many times after all the terrible Doctors ive seen,i have wanted to give up.But thats not the answer.Forget today n remember..'what goes around comes around' karma will deal with her.This is about you...our friend.So the fight continues...OK? Like me...you go for your appointment in July.If possible maybe try and speak to the doctors secretay and put in a cmplaint...never know you could get an earlier appointment n explain how n what went on today..;..but how you feel physically. If it is Lupus....n you get so bad...no choice but to go to the ER.We will all help you.Dont you be giving up or worrying...even though i know you will do..i mean....you have an ER t go to if you get too sick before the appointment.We will all be here to try n help you too.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxx

gina
06-19-2009, 11:03 AM
sorry to hear about that. did you ask her to go ask dr. if it would be ok to come back the next day with the check. i can't believe things are down to at a dr's office cash n carry lol.
if you feel bad go to er and have them do all blood test, you can tell them while being in there that you had a false and postive for lupus not sure if you have that. they might do that. i would also talk to dr's office manager or was that her telling you that.
sounds like again you need a new dr. if that one only in for it for payment at door forget it. i have several times forgot my payment for co pay and they just put it on bill and mail it.

you need to find out what your suffering from so don't give up:wink:

shepherdgirl
06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.
I have thought about the ER, especially when I am at my worst. I'm not real big on using the ER for diagnostics, though. I guess if I can't find a good rheum. then at least I'll get an answer. I really need a real life Dr. House. That would be nice!
I really don't think I can ever go back to that office. First of all, they will probably charge me for the "missed" appt today. Secondly, the office manager was the one that wouldn't accept the copay check. That's after the receptionist closed the window on me and they whispered about it for a while. A week ago, someone told me they stopped going to this doctor b/c of the office manager. I now know why. She's not very nice. :nah:
I don't really want this diagnostic process to rule my life. But, then again, I have a 3 year old that wants to play and do fun things. When I feel like I'm 80, it's not very easy to even take care of her. Playing with her is completely out of the question.

Angel Oliver
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Remember thats all she is...an office manager,.And i bet the doctor has no idea about it either.Even though you dont want to go back because of a god complex receptionist....please write a letter of complaint.Write private n confidential on it for the Doctors attention.....you may be pleasantly surprised.xxxxxxxx

Danica01
06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I am with you on having a Dr. House! We would see relief from our symptoms and those of you who are not diagnosed would find out what really is going on!

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. I really think doctors and even the people who work in their offices just don't get ti! We are there because we are in pain and are having a difficult time, to turn you away was horrible and should never be done!!!! Find a new doctor and remember that the doctor is working for you and you deserve the best care out there. Hang in there and we are all here for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you lots of well wishes :angelic:

gina
06-22-2009, 05:08 AM
I can't believe that was the office manager so un professional. you need to get the dr. on the phone i think they open all his mail first. or just let it go and never go back sometimes that is best. the ER might also be able to find you new dr's if you go there. thats how i found my gi dr. and he's the one that help me sort all my mis digns. and got to the bottom of me having lupus. so maybe there be one dr. in there that can help you.