PDA

View Full Version : Something weird last night

Monique89
06-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Well last night i was at calisthenics practice as i am every thursday night..
Anyway i was halfway through a routine when i suddenly became really disorientated light headed and had to walk off and go outside...
From then on, i couldnt remember what anyone was saying to me, and i couldnt even remember what i had done that day. I sort of felt like i wasnt even in my own body...and i was freezing cold even though it was really warm inside with the heaters on...it was really scary, i have never had anything like that happen to me before...
Anyway, about 2 hours later i began to feel 'normal' ish again, and i could drive home...
I feel fine today, no problems, but i was wondering whether this sounds like something that could be lupus related, or if its just some random thing ?

Pearl
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Monique -

Sorry for your scare...I have not had anything similar happen to me, but I wanted you to know I am thinking about you and I hope you are feeling better today. Hopefully, someone will be along shortly who can give you some information.

Take care,

Jana

Rastagirl
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Monique....

Wow, that would be scary. I've never heard of anything like that with Lupus specifically. But it sure doesn't sound good. Thankfully, it passed. But I'd say if anything like it happens again, you should call your doctor right away. Getting lightheaded and disoriented and having memory problems all at once, sounds like something that needs to be checked out.

Getting lightheaded usually means your not getting enough oxygen to your brain for some reason. And disorientation and memory issues sounds like it may be brain involvement. That's just my guess, of course.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor's office a call and ask to speak to the nurse and explain it to her. Perhaps they might advise you whether or not to come in to see the doctor.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Hugs to you....sorry for the scare.

:cool2: Lori

Angel Oliver
06-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Yes that does sound scarey.Had you eaten and drank enough in the day? Either way i too say see a doctor for a check up.

love
Amanda.xxx

gina
06-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Wow never heard of such a thing all at once. you need to call your dr. asap.
wish i could of helped. hang in there:wacko:

awestleap
06-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Actually I have been seeing more and more of what you described in Lupus websites. They are calling it "confusion". Also, lupus will create nervous system symptoms such as those. I do have those same symptoms. My lupus isn't like most. I don't have a lot of the skin conditions as most. My problems lie a lot with my internal organs and muscle and skeletal. Lupus effects everyones body differently. Sometimes I am hot when everyone is cold...sometimes I am cold when everyone is hot. I can start sweating when I am sitting still. You should look into the "confusion" symptoms of the lupus websites. I will post a link..nevermind...it won't let me. Anyways, google "lupus confusion".

Monique89
06-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone
I emailed my doctor, and he said that it could have just been because of low blood sugar, or just a once off thing. He wants me to call him if it happens again, which it hasnt so far...
Thats what it was..more confusion than disorientation....i will google it, thanks :)

mountaindreamer
06-19-2009, 08:34 PM
hi monique,

some of your symptoms sound like a reaction to heat.....was your workout especially difficult? I have also had that feeling when my potassium was low....i ate a banana and felt better very soon. However, i don't remember being cold at that time. But, i know that heat reactions include disorientation and chilld.

good luck, hope it does not happen again.

Danica01
06-20-2009, 01:49 AM
I have been dealing with getting really hot and a few times I felt weird.....like I was going to faint. My doctors do not know what causes this. I noticed that afterward I also have a hard time concentrating. So, I feel your concern and I know it can be scary. Just keep a record if it happens again. Write down what you were doing, how long it lasted, how you felt afterward and how long until you felt like yourself again. This may help you figure out why it happens and when you can expect it to happen. Good luck and keep us posted!

Monique89
06-21-2009, 06:49 PM
hi monique,

some of your symptoms sound like a reaction to heat.....was your workout especially difficult? I have also had that feeling when my potassium was low....i ate a banana and felt better very soon. However, i don't remember being cold at that time. But, i know that heat reactions include disorientation and chilld.

good luck, hope it does not happen again.

Actually, it was quite hot in the room, they had those massive heating lamps on the walls and they were all turned on (because it was like 2 degrees celcius outside!)...I dont remember being especially over heated, but quite a few of the girls were complaining about the heat...

mountaindreamer
06-21-2009, 07:14 PM
i have found that i have little tolerance to heat. I really can not even breath if i am in extreme heat, and just loose all energy....must be another little gift from the lupus fairy.

Danica01
06-22-2009, 02:10 AM
i have found that i have little tolerance to heat. I really can not even breath if i am in extreme heat, and just loose all energy....must be another little gift from the lupus fairy.

I am the same way......the worst part is that I live in the middle of the desert and it is 112 outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not escape the heat..............HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

mountaindreamer
06-22-2009, 07:25 AM
oh danica,

i can't imagine how you survive in such heat. I live in the deep south, and sometimes i walk outside, turn around, and go right back inside. If i stay out, i get so weak that i end up having to rest.

purple_butterfly
06-22-2009, 07:59 AM
I have been reading something about "lupus fog". This is the confusion and disorientation that goes with lupus.
From a nursing standpoint, a drop in your sugar could cause these symptoms. Make sure you are eating frequent healthy snacks when you are working out. And drink lots of water.
I have noticed as my lupus has progressed that I am very intolerant to extreme temps. I live in the northeast and we have some really cold winters and summers are hot and humid. Last night my family and I went for a walk in the park. My kids were playing in the water and wanted me to join. It was about 83F but I was freezing. I wanted to play in the water with them because water feels so good on my body, but I was way to cold to enjoy.
You need to mention your symtoms to your doc. Have your electrolytes and glucose checked and make sure it is not the problem.
Good luck to you!!