PDA

View Full Version : Tired!!!

Vester
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Does anybody just get tired of trying? I know I haven't been sick that long compared to a lot of you but it is taking a toll on me. I keep pushing and pushing myself and constantly keep get knocked on my butt. I am trying so hard to work steady but I miss days from work every other week. If it doesn't have to do with the Lupus directly or my stomach I have caught something or to be honest I am just exhausted. I don't want to give up but God I am really tired. I know I can't give in to this disease but I do need a rest. I am just tired of being sick. The funny thing which is good news that my Rheumatologist told me last week that my Lupus is stable. I would love to be 100% it is hard to accept that I am just sick.

rob
06-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi Vester,

I get that way alot. I'm on full disability and have not worked in years, but I get frustration from not being able to do many of my daily tasks. Simple things I used to do that were easy, are now hard. I push myself, and Lupus pushes back. Some days I want to give up and just sit down and quit. We have to learn what our limits are, and what we can handle. But this disease tends to move the goalposts, and change the rules on you. And the fatigue-I call it "lead blanket" fatigue. It's like you have a heavy lead blanket over you.

I deal with all of this by constantly telling myself that I have new limits placed upon me by the disease, and I have to live my daily life within those limits. It can be hard, especially if you have a "go getter" type of attitude. Try to pace yourself, and maybe stop pushing yourself quite as hard as you are. Learn to listen to what your body is telling you. When the fatigue is really bad, go as easy on yourself as possible. When it lets up, push yourself, but take it a little slower than you usually do. Make sure you don't do things that can make the flares worse. Remember your sunblock and hat. Try to reduce stress any way you can. Lupus feeds on stress, and the more stressed you get, the worse Lupus will get. It's a pretty vicious cycle. And know that you are not alone. Most of us deal with these issues, and we understand what it's like. Hang in there, and don't give up.

Rob

debbie-b
06-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Does anybody just get tired of trying? I know I haven't been sick that long compared to a lot of you but it is taking a toll on me. I keep pushing and pushing myself and constantly keep get knocked on my butt. I am trying so hard to work steady but I miss days from work every other week. If it doesn't have to do with the Lupus directly or my stomach I have caught something or to be honest I am just exhausted. I don't want to give up but God I am really tired. I know I can't give in to this disease but I do need a rest. I am just tired of being sick. The funny thing which is good news that my Rheumatologist told me last week that my Lupus is stable. I would love to be 100% it is hard to accept that I am just sick.

Hi Vester,

I think we all go through that, we get tired of being sick, but then out of the blue, we have a few good days or weeks and somehow we go on. At least that is true for me. I don't remember how it feels, not to be in any kind of pain. But like I said, I am glad when I have times with less pain. I think we get somewhat used to it. I hope you can learn to live with it, I know, that sounds terrible, but we don't have a choice.
Let me send you some gentle hugs. It does help, if you share your feelings with us. On the bright side, you could go into remission at any time. So if you need to talk, we are here for you.

Debbie

Leksie
06-18-2009, 06:24 AM
I think you may have to admit to yourself that this is your life. This is something I have to tell myself constantly while at work. I can't do the things I did 2 yrs ago with working 10 hour days and working harder and better than anyone around me. I have had to accept that my overachiever attitude will only end in hospitalization and I will do anything to stay out of the hospital. All in all you just have to slow down. Hope that helped

Keep your head up!

Vester
06-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Thanks for your kind words and suggestions and I am going to have to accept that I am not able to do as I use too and I think that is my biggest problem right now that I am still fighting that. I know I am sick but I guess it is just hard to accept sometimes.

Danica01
06-20-2009, 01:55 AM
You will always have days like that, we all have them. Sometimes I look out my window and just wish that I was on a bike or just enjoying a beautiful rather than being stuck in bed. It is a hard thing to adjust to but you can't give up. On the bad days just relax and watch a favorite movie or get lost in a book. I read a lot and love escaping into the story.....it gives me a break from my life. Rob's post hit the nail on the head..........when you push and push eventually your body will push you back and make you rest. In time you will find a happy balance and a way to deal with Lupus and those days when you want to give up. Just keep your head up and know that we are all here to help you get through those days!