PDA

View Full Version : Post-Gallbladder Surgery

Vester
06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I just wanted to update everyone and let them know that I am feeling better than I did prior to surgery but I am still having some nausea, vomitting, and indigestion and my doctor says that is normal and it will get better in time. Oh yes I do have diarrhea from time to time but that isn't a big issue for me. I am grateful that my symptoms have decreased a great deal and I am not having that horrible unbearable abdominal pain. I do realize even though I eat a low fat diet I am going to have to modify my diet even more since I don't have a gallbladder anymore and my body can't breakdown the fat like it use to. I am just ready for things to settle down because I am still missing days from work. I probably should have stayed out of work more than 2 weeks until my stomach adjust.

iseedeadmonkeys
06-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Fantastic news!

Life is soo much better without one, ive not had mine for almost 15 years now,

life is great!

love
ISDM
xx

Rastagirl
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Good news, Vester....happy to hear it. :veryhappy:

I hope you continue your recovery and get yourself strong enough to endure the work schedule.

Take care of yourself and I hope there are many pain-free days ahead for you.

Fondly,

:cool2: Lori

Ang123
06-18-2009, 05:04 PM
I just had a HIDA scan today to see if need my gallbladder removed. The technician said she estimated it to be at about 25% functioning (she was really nice and said she hates that patients have to wait to hear the results so she told me even though she wasn't supposed to. lol). I'm hoping to feel better afterwards if it does need to come out!

Ang

MicRoMediC
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I've had mine out since March and I still can't digest a lot of fats. Sorry this sounds gross but I've had diarrhea almost every day since it came out. I really need to modify my diet but I can't bring myself to do it so I pay the price. I had mine out on a Friday and was back in class and at work the following Monday. It sucked. I actually would like mine back, but without the problems. I am, however, in no pain since it came out. Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

iseedeadmonkeys
06-27-2009, 04:46 AM
Microwave,

It does take a while for your body to re adjust after loosing your "pointless" gallbladder, but you will see in time that diohrehha (sp?) will return to normal, takes a few years, but well worth it in the end, and what i found was when you "actually" get heartburn or indegestion u kno its not caused by a gallbladder full of stones!

hope you get releif soon

ISDM
xxx

MicRoMediC
06-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks! My gallbladder actually didn't have any stones, due to the LUPUS my body attacked itself and killed my gallbladder. YAY! Anyway, looking forward to a normal digestive system.

Angel Oliver
06-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh so glad it all went well and you are recovering nicely.Just take it slow.Glad you are back.

love
Amanda.xxxx

Delphinia981
06-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks! My gallbladder actually didn't have any stones, due to the LUPUS my body attacked itself and killed my gallbladder. YAY! Anyway, looking forward to a normal digestive system.

Same thing happened to me...mine was literally gangrenous! Ugh! Having that darn thing out is one of the best things I ever did for myself! It's been 5 years now...my GI tract has still seen better days, but I'll take any bit of improvement I can!!