PDA

View Full Version : hi im new!!!!

jenstar
06-17-2009, 10:33 AM
hi my name is Jen, im 25 and have got discoid lupus. i have also today found out i have probably got lupus mastitis as well which is really uncommon. Anyway look forward to chatting to you all xxx:wavey:

dsunshine
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the site Jen!
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but you have come to the right place to find love, support and a bunch of cyber friends who are always here to listen to whatever is on your mind or what you are feeling!
Again welcome!

gina
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome to our site.
We have here very understanding and smart people. we are here for you to vent, ask questions or just to say whats up. have a great day:smilecolros:

Rastagirl
06-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Hello Jen... :wavey:

Welcome...glad you decided to join us. Sorry about the news you received today...gentle hugs to you. It's never easy hearing we've got yet another thing to add to the Lupus.

You've happened across a great bunch of supportive members on this site....there's always someone here to help answer your questions or listen when you want to share....or vent. We defintely do that here too.

Feel free to ask your questions or jump in on any of our threads already started. And if you need help with the site, just give a shout out....we're happy to help.

We have several members from the UK....I'm sure they'll be along to roll out the welcome mat soon.

Looking forward to hearing more from you....

Fondly,

:cool2: Lori

Angel Oliver
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Welcome Jen,

Sorry you have to be here in a nice way....but so glad you found us.

lots of love
Angel.xxxx

SandyR
06-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice to meet you Jenn! I am new here as well. Everyone on here is so nice and supportive. It's like a family away from your family. Welcome to the family!

rob
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Hello Jen,

I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus 5 years ago. You should feel right at home here as we have quite a few members from the UK. We don't seem to see many people with discoid lupus here, so your input will be a welcome addition. Welcome to our group!

Rob

jenstar
06-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Wow thanks guys I wasn't expecting so many replies. Its hard to find a lupus forum where people actually reply as most of the ones I have seen are really old and noone has posted for years! Thank you so much for your replies chat soon x

rob
06-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Wow thanks guys I wasn't expecting so many replies. Its hard to find a lupus forum where people actually reply as most of the ones I have seen are really old and noone has posted for years! Thank you so much for your replies chat soon x

I know what you mean Jen. Before I discovered this site, I found alot of well meaning sites that unfortunately had little or no activity. Questions would go for weeks without a response, or just remain unanswered. I think we have one of the most active groups of people I've ever seen. There's always someone here to talk to. I glad you found us!

Rob

debbie-b
06-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi Jen,

Welcome to your new second home and your new family. I am fairly new here and love this forum, because people do respond to your posts and try to help and support you. I was diagnosed with SLE and RA two years ago.

Debbie

Delphinia981
06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Hey Jen! Welcome! I'm Carrie. :)

Sorry about your diagnosis, but glad you have answers. It's a lot easier when you aren't fighting an invisible enemy!!

I know you'll find lots of love and support here...I certainly have. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

purple_butterfly
06-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Jen
Sorry for your diagnosis, but you have found a wonderful site here full of friends that understand. I have a friend with discoid Lupus and she is in complete denial. She refuses to go to any further appointments. I hurt for her.
I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004 and was recently diagnosed with Sjogren's Disease. The road is usually confusing and mostly painful, but finding this wonderful group of people has been a blessing. Though our families try to understand, it is hard to understand what you can not feel.
Good luck to you, and please keep in touch!

mountaindreamer
06-21-2009, 09:46 AM
hi jen,

as you can already tell, this is an incredibly compassionate group of people. Every one here truly cares about each other, and we all join in when someone needs help.

so, make yourself at home, jump in anytime that you want, and enjoy our family.

by the way, i am not familiar with lupus mastitis.... can you explain this to us. I look forward to learning from you.

Danica01
06-22-2009, 02:33 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this. You have come to the right place! You will meet so many wonderful people. Everyone is so knowledgeable when it comes to Lupus and can help answer questions you may have. Everyone here is a family and we will be there for you through the rough times and celebrate the good times with you! You will be surrounded by love and you will never be alone.....so,welcome to our family :angelic: