PDA

View Full Version : In the car

Sandra
06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone, wishing you al the best. I was hoping for some insight regarding the sun. The sun bothers me a great deal. I like everybody love the outdoors and fight hard to get the privledge to go out into it. UV clothing, sun screen and shade. But I find something that is very difficult still is being in the car on clear or sunny day. Today I did a bit of driving around and now I just feel like I'm on fire with terrible burning skin and puffy hands and body. Do any of you have a problem being in the car? Have you found any releif? I was wondering about window tinting...I wonder if it would block the UV rays? Thanks, Sandra

mountaindreamer
06-14-2009, 07:53 PM
hi sandra,

i finally got window tinting in my car, and i could not believe the difference it made with me....so yes, give it a try.

gina
06-15-2009, 06:30 AM
i also got windows tinted. my mom is a hairdresser and she would tell her customers that while in a car the sun is worse going thru the glass and would also fade there hair color. so i know for a fact being in the car is worse than just sitting outside, for me.

Sandra
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys! Good enough for me, I'll be getting it done. Boy the amount we pay out of pocket for this illness.....agrivating! Sandra

lucky7
06-15-2009, 01:38 PM
CHA CHING CHA CHING huh Sandra!!!! I hear ya!!! :wideeyed: I too have tinted windows and it also HELPS me A LOT!!!!! You're right though, it seems to be worse for me as well in the car when its beating down on me! :skeptical: HMMMMMMMMM, i never thought i'd dislike the sun on me so much!!! Somethings just not right about that!!!!!:grumpy:

DrinkofWtr
06-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Window tinting is great for glare and the light. I am not sure though if it provides any UV protection. By law in CA, we can't have the front window tinted. Is that the same in your neck of the woods?

Delphinia981
06-15-2009, 06:50 PM
You know, I never really put two and two together...I DO feel more lousy after being in the car for a long time on a sunny day. I will absolutely look into the window tinting! Thanks for bringing this up!! :D

Sandra
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
I am not sure what the regulations are her in Ontario, I think there is a certain depth or darkness of tint and nothing on the windsheild as well, maybe a strip across the top is ok...but we had a work/company truck that we bought used and the guy before us had it done and it was pretty dark, we were always concerned we would be pulled over but never were so I think as long as the windsheild is ok they kind of leave it alone.
I think I have read that it is not block UV but it might cut it down...all I know is that I loved that truck and I also know when I am in the car for a day of errands I feel sooooo bad by the afternoon and the next morning....oh man I'm sick...and cannot move til noon!
Sandra

iseedeadmonkeys
06-16-2009, 04:42 AM
yeah,

you kno ive never thought about that really, on nice sunny days when im out in the car im only in there for like 10 mins beofre i start burning and ready to go to bed for 12 hours kip, never thought about it really,

hope you get some releif soon, with the \mazing ideas

ISDM
xxx

Betty Boop
06-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I completely understand. Just walking out my front door, cloudy or sunny, I begin turning red with the burning and flushing. I have found myself turning up the air conditioning as high as it will go in my vehicle and I am barely comfortable. I only have about a 10 minute drive to work and by the time I get there, I am incredibly red. I have not yet found what helps. I have just started topical Metronidazole but have seen no benefit. Apparently, it can take several months to start helping. I am also wearing a very strong sunscreen. I'll let you know if I find anything else that helps. Good luck.

ButterflyRN
06-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Tinting the windows does help! Just remember that you may need to carry a letter from your physician depending on how dark you tint your windows and the state law on how dark they can be. The letter will prevent you from getting a ticket. Also don't forget to wear sunscreen!

Sandra
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Found out today that most rules are pretty lax about tinting. As long as the police can see if you're seatbelt is fastened and the driver they don't bother much. I also learned that there are 2 types of tint. The dark tint is used allot for privacy and does cut some UV rays but there is another type that is clear and it blocks 99.9% of UV A,B and C. The darker tints don't. So unless you are looking to hide the clear coating is the best for loopies!
Thanks Sandra

gina
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds great so go get it done asap. :yes:

Terry73
06-30-2009, 07:27 PM
hmmmmmm glad i read this i also get as my husband likes to call them "Hot Flashes" (Im only 35 lol) while in the car.....i always crank the air and even roll down the window in the winter. And on long drives i feel lousy. Sorry to say i have tinted windows and feel this way. Im in ontario and you cannot tint the windshield here either.

Terry

red246
07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I am also finding that I cannot go out and drive as much as I like because of the sun. BUT, yesterday I was looking on our motor vehicle website for info on handicap parking & found out that we can get tinting on our front windows w/letter from doctor. Normally you cannot have any tint on front windows up here (NJ). Just a thought for those of you that have similar laws.