PDA

View Full Version : One More Doctor...Monday

Larz77
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, I'm off to see my next doctor in my seemingly never ending doctor tour. Immunology tomorrow. I'm surprisingly nervous, you think this would be old hat. I'm embarrassed and sad really, to think how many doctors I've had to see. It's it stubborness or just plain insanity? Some made sense, others I could have done without.

So, if you all could send some prayers and Karma to me around 11am Central time tomorrow, it would be much appreciated. I want to get to myself feeling normal and stay there for a bit and most of all...stop having to go to doctors....

Larz

KATROACH1972
06-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, I'm off to see my next doctor in my seemingly never ending doctor tour. Immunology tomorrow. I'm surprisingly nervous, you think this would be old hat. I'm embarrassed and sad really, to think how many doctors I've had to see. It's it stubborness or just plain insanity? Some made sense, others I could have done without.

So, if you all could send some prayers and Karma to me around 11am Central time tomorrow, it would be much appreciated. I want to get to myself feeling normal and stay there for a bit and most of all...stop having to go to doctors....

Larz Im sending you a prayer that way! I totally understand about the many Drs. I have been through a chain of them myself, who think they know everything, and dont really know squat! lol Good luck! Kathy:cute:

Monique89
06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Good luck with your doc appointment...
I know how you feel...i feel like every second day i have another appointment with someone else at the moment....I have my rheumatologist on thursday where im getting all the results from my last lot of tests (im fairly nervous about this!), then GP appointment next tuesday for my monthly BP checks...then the thursday after that i will be at the hematologists!! Crazy crazy it is...
I hope you arent feeling too nervous....hoping everything goes well for you tomorrow!!

mountaindreamer
06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
you got it Larzz,

at 11:00 central time tomorrow, i will pause and send many angels your way.....listen for the whispers as they watch over you.

lucky7
06-15-2009, 01:50 PM
SO, how did it go Larz? I hope it went WELL!!!!!!:yes: I know the whole dr thing is almost MORE draining than the illness itself!!! That is if you arent seeing GOOD drs!!!! Well, at least EGO driven drs!!! :wacko: I hope you are feeling good and please let us know when you feel up to it!!!!

Angel Oliver
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Larz im thinking of you and so hope it went well for you.I too understand the misery of the many trips we have to endure.....to still sometimes not get the answers we urgently need.Lets hope this appointment was a good one.

love
Amanda.xxx

Larz77
06-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks to all that send positive vibes and prayers my way. It's funny, I knew just posting here, the thoughts and wishes would be there and inside, I felt like I carried an army in there with me. Not much to report...just my giving him a lot of information. Feeling down through this. Partly because I had a decent weekend. Partly because this Thrush is not giving up the battle easily and I don't know how I got it (I'm not on immunosuppresants right now...no Imuran, no prednisone). So I'm concerned. I don't think you can "just get it"...if you are a healthy adult. Partly down because going over everything that is going on with me, thinking of all the doctors, all the meds, etc...well, sometimes the reality is hard for me. I want so much to be "normal"....I'm sure we all do.

I still don't know what the Immunologist can do for me. There are not many of these people out there. I sure hope they don't create more issues for me. Seems like I'm now a magnet for so many different issues. I hope they find something, down when they don't, but down also when they find "unrelated" stuff. I'm rambling....thanks for the support.

Larz

Oluwa
06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey Larz...

I didn't see the post to send my vibes..but know you are always in my prayers, Larz....

Have you been on antibiotics recently? If so, could trigger thrush by killing the normal balance bacteria in your mouth.

I forgot Larz, are you on prednisone..it could result in thrush too...

Or from playing too many video games. Okay, I just made that up.

It might help a bit put 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. Swish around in your mouth and then spit it out...

Have a good night.
Love,
Oluwa

SandyR
06-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Larz, I love that your avitar represents your doctors. :laugh: If you didn't live so far away, I might think you had seen some of the same docs I have been too. :laugh: I know exactly how you feel. I have been trying to remind myself to make a 2nd opinion appointment and it keeps slipping my mind but in the back of my head, I am like, well, at least that's one week without having to go see another doctor! There are so many in my phone now that they are all listed with their name and then their specialty next to their name to remember what they all do. :wacko: I hope the trush at least clears up soon for you.

mountaindreamer
06-15-2009, 08:42 PM
hey larz,

i agree with oluwa....i think the thrush is caused by winning too many arcade games....sounds reasonable to me, how bout you?

Pearl
06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Even though you are the arcade champion of champions, and even though I have no hopes of ever stealing your crown, I still wish you well. Aren't I generous? :)

Seriously though, I didn't see your post earlier, so I'm sending you good vibes right now.

By the way, if you get really frustrated with the docs today, pretend you are the Yeti and pretend your doctors are those stupid penguins. Get on that arcade and smack those stupid penguins from here to eternity (which is where it seems like they go in that one shot game, doesn't it?)

Have a nice day, knowing your friends here are with you in spirit.

Jana

lucky7
06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi Larz!!!! Hey, dont worry about wishing or wanting to be "normal", when you think about it NO ONE is:wacko: LOl I know what you mean though, im sorry its an icky time for you right now, the ups and downs of it all huh. :no: Dont worry, you have US!!!!! WE are ALWAYS here to send HAPPY VIBES your way!!!!!! Im sending you TONS right now!!!!:musik28:

Saysusie
06-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Larz;
I'm sorry I got to this too late to send you prayers for you appointment. So, I am sending them to you now.
I think I mentioned, in another post, that Thrush is one of the most common fungal infections in Lupus. It is the Lupus that gives you the thrush because patients with lupus are more susceptible to infections due to our altered immune systems. Also, due to this, when we do get infections, they are generally worse cases and they require longer treatment than non-lupus patients. The oral mucosa, or lining of the mouth, is one of the most common targets in lupus erythematosus (LE) patients. Since you are not on Prednisone or any other type of steriod, it has to be assumed that the Thrush is due to your altered immune system. The most effective treatment of Thrush in Lupus patients has been Nystatin oral lozenges or pills, and the occasional use of oral antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan).
I hope that you feel better soon and that these doctor appointments are more productive for you.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie