PDA

View Full Version : night itching...please help!

welovepujols
06-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Every single night I suffer from the same thing...ITCHING! I don't have a rash, I don't itch during the day. Is this normal or a "common" symptom? I have had Lupus for almost 2 years, the itching started about 6 months ago. Any help will be appreciated.

Oluwa
06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Welovepujols...

I get the itch, but not every night...sometimes an insane itch on my soles and palms, between the fingers. I don't know the cause.

Pop a Claritin...Benadryl or Zrtec at bedtime...I use prescription Clarinix or Xyzal.

Are you taking any narcotics for pain. Percocet, Vicodin..etc could cause it. This itch is usually a roaming, face, stomach...arms, neck anywhere and not an intense itch. If so, the above mentioned will help with it too..

BTW..welcome to the forum,..hugs...we haven't met. I am Oluwa...

Enjoy this day..I am...
Love,
Oluwa

KATROACH1972
06-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Do you itch only in your bed or any where you stay? Couch?hotel? etc. i itch on soles of my feet, at night. I think sometimes it maybe a type of yeast from prednisone, cellcept,etc.. . also have you had liver checked, or kidneys , checked lately. That also can cause itching. Also Lupus can cause all kinds of itches. Heres a link look at skin manefestations. Pruitis(itching said was common). Hope thi helps! oh also i take Benendryl every night for sleep and it takes care of itch too! 2 birds one stone! lol Hugs Kathy http://www.lupuscolorado.org/manifestations.htm