View Full Version : Consumer Reports on Sunblock

AyahsClan
06-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Consumer Reports top picks based on price and coverage;

#1. Walgreens Continuous Spray Sport. SPF 50
#2. Coppertone Water Babies. SPF 50
#3 Target Continuous SpraySport SPF 30

These cover from both UVA & AVB

Use spray inside as it will not hit the mark if sprayed outside due to the mist texture.

30 is the base number, adding more gives only marginally higher protection. (From Fox News report)

My problem is the extreme sensitivity my skin has to everything I put on it. I recently tried a fade creme for brown spots and ended up in a full blown exacerbation that started on my skin and moved to my digestive system.

mountaindreamer
06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
thanks for the info ayah.

how are you doing?

lucky7
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM
My dad LOVES consumer reports!!! LOL They are the best at knowing the best!!!! My daddy taught me that!!! LOL THANKS AYAH!!!!!!

preshad
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
After living with lupus for 40 years, my definition of courage, = Courage is "self pity turned inside out."
Not much more to say today, except I wish you all the very best.
Preshad

ButterflyRN
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
thanks for the info!!

SandyR
06-17-2009, 04:06 PM
I also suffer from sensative skin and have found that Aveeno is a really good sunscreen. It also comes in SPF 30 and has UVA/UVB coverage. It's also not greasy feeling on the skin.

AyahsClan
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Sorry everyone I have been doing so good I been busy! I want to THANK YOU all who are here for me and gave me the strength to never give up. I passed a physical exam by a DOT department of transportation who lectured me for 1/2 hour on my rights as a disabled employee, although I only am working on getting my license so I can drive with Dave.

I love you guys

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:33 PM
WOO HOO to Ayah!!!!! Good for you!!!!! YOU ARE STRONG MY FRIEND!!!!!!:yes: Im so glad you are doing well lately!!!!!!!! Ayah POWER!!!!!!:049:

KATROACH1972
06-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Even with sunblock, I flare up bad! full blown! sux! thats where i am at right now with 110 heat index! feel like doo doo!!!! HUGs kathy

AyahsClan
06-23-2009, 04:40 PM
WOO HOO to Ayah!!!!! Good for you!!!!! YOU ARE STRONG MY FRIEND!!!!!!:yes: Im so glad you are doing well lately!!!!!!!! Ayah POWER!!!!!!:049:

It aint over till the fat lady singe and I just lost 18 pounds!

We are never too sick or too old to reinvent ourselves. I have a new borrowed motto; "I have not failed, I just found 1000 ways that don't work" ~Edison

{{{hugs}}}

ps I am only as strong as the strength of my friends who lift me up.

mountaindreamer
06-23-2009, 04:40 PM
outstanding ayah,

passing a DOT physical, and withstanding 1/2 hour of lectures, and still feeling good.....hooray for you, you are doing great.

as much as i miss you when you are not around, i am so glad to hear that you are feeling so good....keep having fun and drop in to keep us posted.

lucky7
06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Well Kathy,on the up side, at least ya dont SMELL like doo doo! LOL:3: