PDA

View Full Version : urinary problems

Bonita
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
It seems ever since i have been diagnosised with lupus and myositis i have frequent bladder infections with blood in my urine. Does anyone else seem to have these all the time. The last test again revealed that i had nothing but a little blood but still feel i have and infection so my doctor is putting me on and antibiotic again and another test in 2 weeks and then he is considering sending me to a urologysts sorry about the spelling Bonita

mountaindreamer
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
hi bonita,

i have tested positive for blood in my urine since 1996. Drs. keep watching for anything else, but nothing has evolved since the initial finding. My protein level in my urine is very small, so my nephrologist says lupus nephritis is not present, but we watch carefully.

i do not have the issue with infections, so i can't advise on this. Hope the antibiotics help you get past this.

gina
06-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I always have blood in urnine and protein have had for over two years my dr made me get a ct scan on kidneys spotted a small stone but wants me to go see uriologist also going at the end of month. so yes you should get more test done. don't want to mess with kidneys.:cute:

Bonita
06-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Thank you for your info it just gets old after awhile and if it is not one thing it is another but brighter days ahead. Bonita

DrinkofWtr
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Bonita,

I have fought bladder infections ever since I was out of high school. Sometimes, I have blood in the urine and an infection and sometimes just an infection. I usually end up in Urgent Care because they come on so fast. My Dr. puts me on antibiotics, but it messes up my system and then I end up with a yeast infection which requires me to take medication for that. I just found out that I can eat yogurt with active culture in it. I am lactose intolerant, but a friend told me that lactose intolerant people can eat yogurt. Anyway, that seems to help get the good bacteria working in my system again. Then inevitably a few months later, I get another bladder infection. It is a vicious cycle. My Dr. told me going on antibiotics all the time is not good, but what else can I do? When I get an infection, I have to clear it up!!!

Hang in there and just do the best you can, that's all you can do.

At one time the urologist did a dilation of the bladder opening. It was very painful, but it did help for about 5 years or so. I don't know if they still do these or if technology and medical progress have any other alternative or new procedure to help with the bladder infection problem. Just blood in the urine with no infection, I have no experience with and can offer you no help in that respect. Sorry!

KATROACH1972
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey sweetie, i relate totally. I have had uti for 5 months now, with blood in urine. I have taken antibiotics 4-5 rounds with no sucess. I do see Uro on 16th. Bad thing is beleive it or not my hubby caught it from me(bacteria) and now he has to be treated for uti. I have stones and cyst on kidneys, but i think the prednisone, and Cellcept is the main reason for the resistance. I hope you feel better, and that yours will clear up quickly! HUGs kathy

Pearl
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
So sorry you are suffering. I'm here to tell ya, I've had so many bladder infections, I've lost count. Mine usually hit about 3:30 in the morning and progress so quickly that if I do not have any antibiotics on hand to begin taking immediately, I wind up in the emergency room because I cannot wait to get into my primary doctor to get the antibiotics. I have to start treatment as soon as the infection becomes noticeable or it moves to my kidneys very quickly. Not that you needed to hear my story...just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Wish I could offer some help, other than drink lots of water, stay off sodas and caffeine. No alcohol while you have the infection. I sound like your mother, don't I? (tee hee)