PDA

View Full Version : Neurologist...

ashleybaby715
06-10-2009, 04:33 AM
so i went to my rheumatologist this past monday...and got my levels back...they are TOTALLY FINEEE!! and i forget what the one is called..but it starts with a C, and the normal number is 20...and when i was in the hospital it was like 85. last time i had bloodwork it was 40. and now its 20!! yay! :653:
but now i have to see a neurologist, because i've been having speech issues, like mixing up my words when i talk....and also memory issues. like i'll be talking and then mid-sentence i'll blank out and forget what i was talking about. or i'll just change the subject completely, mid sentence.... its weird.
they said it could just be me being a teenager...but i never did this kinda stuff before.

has anyone else had to see a neurologist cuz of this??

luv ya !
Ashley<3

gina
06-10-2009, 06:16 AM
I have done that with my words and when speaking too, also when i typing mis spell words. hope it not too much to worry about. someone was telling me they call it brain fog. not sure what can be done about, but your not alone.

keep smileing:yes:

magistramarla
06-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Hey Ashley,
I've had the same symptoms, too. I called them "senior moments" and blamed it on being over 50. I have a high IQ and I was teaching, so this was very frustrating to me.
Marla

mountaindreamer
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
hi ashley,

you will find that many of us deal with these issues, but i am glad you are seeing a neurologist, so that any other concerns can be eased.

there are several members who see a neurologist, and apparently the drs. have become important members of their team. Everything that you do to educate yourself more will be a benefit to your life with lupus....keep up the good work.

brandichi
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Ashley,

I'm going to see a neurologist on the 17th for similar reasons. Sometimes when one of my students is in front of me, I can't remember their name. (Really scary!). I often forget what I was going to say, or what I was going to do, so lists rule my life. The rheumy said it's likely brain fog and I should make sure there's nothing going on with the brain. I'm also having other issues that I think may be neurological, such as my hands constantly getting numb and being unable to write for more than a page, when I used to be able to journal for 10 pages or more at a time.

Good luck, and congratulations on your levels being normal!!!! :)

K.Grams
06-12-2009, 03:57 PM
That's awesome about your numbers I hope they continue to stay good!!!!

Yeah..my Lupus Fog is pretty bad I will be talking and then can't think of an
easy word for the life of me. I also will walk into a room and can't remember
why I got up in the first place. If I'm having a conversation with someone I will
forget what we were just talking about or I'll have to ask what I answered to a
question they just asked. I've gotten used to it but man it can be annoying.

debbie-b
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Same here, can't talk, can't think, forget my cell phone #, forget names, one day I couldn't remember the word countertop, so I said to my hubby, " the keys are in the kitchen, on that long table", he said " what table, we don't have a table in the kitchen" and I go " the long table with the coffee maker on it". He couldn't help but laugh, he said " ohhhh on the counter". We both laughed. Another funny thing happend last week, we had spaghetti and meatsauce, we are starting to eat and I said to my husband, that somehow it doesn't taste right and he said " well, honey I didn't want to say anything, but you forgot the meat in the MEATSAUCE". I almost choked on my spaghetties from laughing so hard.:laugh:

Debbie

SandyR
06-12-2009, 06:21 PM
this happens to me all the time. seems to get worse right before my "friend" comes for a visits. I don't know....wait! What was I just saying???? Oh yeah! I am glad to hear about your labs! :)

no, seriously, glad to hear about the labs!:cute:

no where did I put those darn glasses????

MicRoMediC
06-13-2009, 07:01 AM
glad your labs are getting better! yes i've had this happen to me before too. i've had to look at my license before to remember my address. it's sad. i sometimes get half way through a sentence and forget or stare at the computer for a while because a word just doesn't look right...the thing that scared me the most was when i woke up and half of my left eye was completely black. i couldn't see from mid-way down. i went to the eye doctor who sent me to an eye surgeon who sent me to a neurologist. my rheumatologist thinks it could have been a blood clot, but my neurologist was a quack and never told me what it was or what he thought it was. awesome. now i can't go back to another one til january because i got new insurance and it's considered a preexisting problem and they won't pay for it. anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Bonita
06-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I thought all these symptoms were senior moments but maybe not. Bonita So glad that your tests came back gooood. Bonita

lucky7
06-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Ashley! Yep, im foggy quite a bit these days myself! LOL:wacko: Im seeking a new neurologist because of issues with my last one, but its definately a good idea to have some tests done!!!! Gotta be safe, safe safe!!!!