PDA

View Full Version : Eager Puppies and Ferrets

SandyR
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
The more I look around :wideeyed: the more I see that there are levels of some sort applied to people on this sight (eager puppy, ferret :laugh:, etc). Can someone please explain what these levels are and how they work? :unsure:

Rastagirl
06-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi SandyR....

I am most happy to explain.....the animal you are, depends on the number of posts you have reached.

We all start out as 'Newbie'....then 'Not So Newbie'.....and then when you reach a certain number of posts, you change into another fun animal.

It's all pre-programmed to change when you reach a certain number. Some of us have a bit of fun with it and joke around when we change into different animals. There's a thread in Lauri's Lounge titled "Climbing the Ladder in the Animal Kingdom" for our animal status entertainment.

Some of our Super Veteran members, like Oluwa, have achieved the high status of 'King Kong'.....while our Site Founder & Moderator, Saysusie, has the top ranking of 'Emperor of the Solar System'.

Anyway, it's all just for fun. :071:

Fondly,

:cool2: Lori

SandyR
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks!!!! I thought Saysusie might be the creator based on her title (that I absolutely love) and I thought there was some sort of site experience/animal title link but I couldn't figure out what it was. I'm going to check out the thread you recommended.

Angel Oliver
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Roooooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr i recently changed to this :) I can chat allot though lol.xx

When you change again....come to the animal kingdom and tell us....you may get a photo off Lori and we will give you congratulations and have some fun!!

Love
Angel.xxx

Rastagirl
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes, SandyR....you will need to change...I'm not sure I can find a picture to post of a 'not so newbie'.... :lmao:

purple_butterfly
06-12-2009, 07:08 AM
I was wondering the same thing...and am content in staying a "newbie" for now. I still have so much to learn.
I have another question...how do you get those cool pics next to your name. I found one I really like, but when I type in the browser address, it won't let me use it.
Thank for the info!!

dsunshine
06-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I am glad this was posted and the question was asked cause I remember when mine was a sea monkey and I was thinking HELL NAW...I do not want to be a sea monkey. I wanted to ask if I could pick my own animal but it started changing and I just went with the flow of it all!

Rastagirl
06-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi SandyR.....

I couldn't find a pic of a 'Not So Newbie'....and now you've morphed into a cute little 'Sea Monkey'..... (Hey, dsunshine....sea monkeys are sooo cute though)

So, Sandy, I posted a picture of you in my thread "Climbing the Ladder in the Animal Kingdom" in Lauri's Lounge.

Enjoy your Friday!

SandyR
06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks, RastaGirl! I'm going to check it out now.

Sandy

Rastagirl
06-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I was wondering the same thing...and am content in staying a "newbie" for now. I still have so much to learn.
I have another question...how do you get those cool pics next to your name. I found one I really like, but when I type in the browser address, it won't let me use it.
Thank for the info!!

Hi Purplebutterfly.... :wavey:

Have you tried using the Copy and Paste feature, instead of typing the address?

First highlight the browser address you want to use and hit Control C to copy it. Then exit that window or minimize it. Next Click on 'Edit Avatar' on your User Control Panel, then place your cursor where you want to paste it, and hit Control V and it should appear.

I often have problems if I try to just type the address exactly as I see it. When I use the Copy and Paste feature it seems to work well for me.

Hope that helps you some.