PDA

View Full Version : I saved a life today.

MicRoMediC
06-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Just wanted to come on here and tell y'all that we had a CPR the first call of the day and we saved him. :1244: I estabished his airway and we worked him and got him back! It's been a really hectic week and next week is going to be worse, this good news comes at a good time. That call is the reason I do my job. God bless everyone. Be safe out there!

magistramarla
06-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah for you!
I used to work for a midwife, and safely delivering a new life is much the same kind of feeling. Also, my daughter used to lifeguard at Sea World. She saved lives 3 times while she worked there, and she always came home feeling really great about it when it happened.
Thanks for all you do,
Marla

mountaindreamer
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
hi micromedic,

congrats on saving the life. thank goodness for people like you who devote their lives to saving others. thank you for your devotion.

SandyR
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
that's awesome! such great "high" feeling to do something so wonderful. congrats!

Rastagirl
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
What an amazing gift to be able to give another person, Micromedic....and what an awesome feeling it must have been to know that because you were there, there is another human alive right now.

And the gift is not only to him, but also to ALL his family and friends that love him.

Thank you very much for doing your job so well.....and for sharing this wonderful news with us.

Way To Go, Microwave!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hugs,

:cool2: Lori

ashleybaby715
06-10-2009, 04:28 AM
thats amazing! you gooo girl!!! :fam21:

iseedeadmonkeys
06-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Fantastic news Microwave!

thank goodness we have ppl like you in the world, its an amazing feeling saving someone isnt it?

peace and love
ISDM
xx

Oluwa
06-10-2009, 05:43 AM
To give someone such a grand gift..I can only imagine the exhilaration, the humbleness..the joy you felt.

Hugs, Micromedic...you warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face...with happiness. I love to hear stories of such tremendous gift giving. People cried when Oprah gave a car...I just cried when you gave a life back...

Love,
Oluwa

rob
06-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Samantha,

I read your post in the "Who are You" thread yesterday. I have been thinking about your story and I have to say it's one of the most inspirational stories I've ever read. Now, I see the amazing news that you saved a life, and all I can say is Wow! Your community and co-workers are very lucky to have a person like you who gives 110% at all times. Great job!

Rob

mountaindreamer
06-10-2009, 07:47 AM
hi samantha,

i just read your post in "who are you"....what an amazing young woman you are, you have overcome so many obstacles, and now you are saving lives. there is a purpose in your place on this earth.

anyway....see you are having a birthday in a few days.....sending you many happy birthday wishes. hope you and keith celebrate with lots of fun.
:happy-birthday2:

Delphinia981
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
You go, girl! I remember the first time I performed CPR...I about died. It didn't help that the patient had also recently vomited and there wasn't an ambu-bag or dam in sight!!! I just grabbed a plastic bag, ripped a hole in it, and went to town....LOL.

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

abbasgirl
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing your news with us... that's so wonderful! I'm thrilled for the patient, their family, and you!

MicRoMediC
06-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks guys! I just wanted to share the good news. It's been a really bad week for me so it made my day. Hope y'all are being safe out there!

lucky7
06-13-2009, 03:18 PM
WOO HOO to our Micromedic!!!!!! YOU are my hero!!!!! Its people like you that helps to make the world go round my friend!!!!!:fing02:

Angel Oliver
06-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow...well done to you.You are amazing!!

love
Amanda.xx