PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Psoriatic Arthritis?

cheryl_v
06-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Wanting to know your experiences with it. Ups and downs. Do you have psoriasis with it? Did psoriasis come first, or the arthritis? I have the arthritis, very little skin issue. Wanting to know what to expect. Was told not to common to have the arthritis first. I get told on the 18th if definite dx, but rheumy swears he's 99% positive. Says the psoriasis will probably show more later. Wondering how others deal with this kind of joint pain and skin issues.

Thanks in advance on any help your info and experiences may give.

tasha
06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
my mom has psoriatic arthritis. and the psoriasis with it. she has flares on and off pretty consistently. the psoriasis is really bad on her hands and feet when she has flares and water is really painful... she has a difficult time taking showers because of the pain. she tried taking methotrexate for a year and it did help but she started having problems with her liver so she stopped taking it. she isn't on anything anymore and just deals with the flares as they come and go.

cheryl_v
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks Tasha for the insight, food for thought. I'm to start MTX tomorrow myself.

magistramarla
06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Cheryl,
The doc called my diagnosis Mixed Connective Tissue Disease because I was somewhat positive to Lupus, RA, Psoriatic Arthritis and Sjrogren's Syndrome. I do have some mild scalp psoriasis and I've had mysterious flaky little sores for ten years. My new rheumy is the first doc to spot the psoriasis.
I also recently started MTX. I hope that it works for you and that you tolerate it well.
Marla

cheryl_v
06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I hope the MTX works for you as well, thanks for sharing.