PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

Deskdoll
06-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope this gets to the right forum!

I have been diagnosed as having autoimmune hepititus but recently I seem to be experiencing more Lupus type symptoms, so I'm working on the theory of 'the more you know about it, the better able you are to deal with it'.

You all seem to be friendly and knowledgable so I'm hoping I can make some new friends and pick a few brains along the way.

A bit about me.......I'm 62 now (Lordy that sounds old but I'm still 27 in my mind!) blond, 5'3", could do to lose 10lbs lol. Live in the north west of England, have two daughters who live nearby and no grandchildren. Love to travel, confirmed bookworm and chocoholic (which accounts for the extra 10lbs). Those are the basics!

Doll

Pearl
06-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Sorry for your diagnosis of autoimmune hepatitis. Try reading some of the "Stickies" at the top of each forum page. These notes contain excellent information about lupus. A good place to start. In the newly diagnosed forum, for example, there is a sticky at the top that discusses the criteria for diagnosing lupus. You can evaluate your new symptoms with these criteria in mind. It is possible that there are symptoms in autoimmune hepatitis that are very similar to lupus. Many times, these autoimmune illnesses overlap one another in some ways.

Best of luck to you. Others will be around to welcome you shortly.

Be well.

Jana

Deskdoll
06-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi Jana,

Thanks for the welcome and 'heads up' regarding stickies. I'll check them out.

Doll

Bonita
06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Hello desk doll and welcome . I am 60 and will be 61 in august. I am glad to know you i thought i was the only person in this age group. And this is a great web site and everyone is so kind and helpfull. Bonita

Angel Oliver
06-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Doll,

Glad you found us but im sorry you had too....if you understand me lol.Hey glad to find a fellow chocoholic....oh i live for the stuff.And im in the north west...Manchester...where are you? Everyone here are lovely and only happy to help you with anything.We have our own arcade and have a social group..click community then social...oh the fun.Hope today is a good day for you and you settle here nicely.
lots of love
Angel.xxxxxxxxx
:valentine2:

mountaindreamer
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
hi deskdoll,

so sorry that you have to live with an autoimmune disease, but i am glad that you decided to join our group. There is so much compassion and knowledge throughout this group, and i know you will find much comfort among our members. we have several members from UK, i know they will be along to introduce themselves (you have already been introduced by angel oliver..)

also, you aren't alone in the age group....i am 56 have 2 grandchildren. I have been dealing with lupus and fibromyalgia for years, and have learned so much from the wonderful members of this forum.

so, jump in on any threads that you want to, ask any questions, ,and feel the warmth within the family.

Deskdoll
06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Bonita,

Thanks for your welcome. I've been busy reading threads and posts. I'm shocked how many youngsters have to deal with Lupus and amazed at how well they seem to cope with their symptoms and stay so positive. They are an inspiration. Iv'e only been trying to deal with it for 18 months and judging by the posts, I'm lucky to have relatively mild symptoms.

Doll

Deskdoll
06-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi Angel,

Thanks for your welcome.

Chocoholics of the world unite!!

I'm in Preston probably about 30 miles from you. I'm sure we'll meet again on the social side when I've done all the serious reading :confused:

Have a good one.

Doll

Deskdoll
06-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi Phyllis,

Thanks for your warm welcome. Just reading the threads and posts have answered many of my questions, there's a lot of knowledge and experience in here.

Keep well.

Doll

Delphinia981
06-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey Doll! I'm Carrie...welcome to the board! You'll find a wealth of knowledge and solace here in these threads...I know I have. It's great to be able to come in the company of others who are like you and that can make you feel better about what's on your plate. Am looking forward to getting to know you better!!

dsunshine
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
HI Doll!
Welcome to the site and certainly you can confirm me as one of the many new friends you will meet and have on this site. You have come to the right place for friendship, understanding, compassion, and understanding! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but I know healing is in your future!
27 huh!!! I am 35 but my club age is 25. Not blonde yet but if my hair falls out from all the drugs I have informed everyone that I will purchase a platnium blonde wig and Jackie-O sunglasses so be prepared! 10lbs from chocolate isn't a lot as I am sure you have enjoyed every bite of that indulgence! No harm in that! We all have our vices
Welcome again Friend!!!

Deskdoll
06-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Cheers Carrie, thanks for the welcome.

Saysusie
06-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Hello Deskdoll;
I am Saysusie, Moderator/Administrator of this site which is dedicated to my daughter, Lauri. I'm late in welcoming you, but I see that you've been welcomed kindly by many of our members and also given some good information. This is the right place to be if you need information, answers, support, and understanding. You will find that there is always someone here when you need to talk and that everyone here is very understanding.
It is not uncommon to find that, once you've been diagnosed with one auto-immune disorder, you develop other co-existing/overlapping auto-immune disorders. Unfortunately, there are not many who can say that they suffer from just one disorder. So, we all understand what you are going through and we are here to help you as much as we can.
Once again.....Welcome to our family:laugh:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie