PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Rastagirl for Sunday.xx

Angel Oliver
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I just want to wish a very Happy Birthday to a dear friend and very funny and helpful friend...Lori who is celebrating on Sunday.I hope you have a lovely day with your family and get some lovely surprises.

lots of love
Amanda.xxx:fam21::happy-birthday2::grin69:

WantItGone
06-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I just want to wish a very Happy Birthday to a dear friend and very funny and helpful friend...Lori who is celebrating on Sunday.I hope you have a lovely day with your family and get some lovely surprises.

lots of love
Amanda.xxx:fam21::happy-birthday2::grin69:

happy birthday rasta girl!!!

debbie-b
06-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Happy Birthday and may all your wishes come true.

Debbie

cptnblah
06-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Happy B Day!!!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-06-2009, 01:37 PM
OMG its rastagirls birthday!!!!

you have been such a good friend making me laugh :-) being there for me to cry to :hissyfit: and full of such wisdom and helpful information

so if any one deserves a wonderful gorgeous fun and loved filled birthday it you!!

happy birthday my dear friend!!

:fam21::fest30:

love H XX

dsunshine
06-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I can only sat DITTO as to what everyone else put about you Lori! You are a wonderful woman! You uplift me when I am down and depressed, support me when I am flaring or having surgery...hopefully no more of those and just check in to see how I am doing! We are blessed to have you on this site and to be one of your friends and I really do hope you have a wonderful blessed and happy birthday!
HUGS!!!

magistramarla
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
RastaGirl,
Laeta dies natalis!!! (That's Happy Birthday from the Latin teacher).
Have a wonderful day,
Marla

abbasgirl
06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Happy Birthday, Lori!!! :fam21::present::fest30:

MicRoMediC
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
:happy-birthday2:HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!

iseedeadmonkeys
06-06-2009, 05:34 PM
:birthday:

:happy-birthday2:

:crackhead:

:valentine2:

i think tht just about covers it all

LoAdSa LoVe

ISDM
xxx

KATROACH1972
06-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Rastagirl!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!! HUgs Kathy

stoney
06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
have a great bday love norma, mj, joe and shane xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
have a great bday love norma, mj, joe and shane xxx

We should of done this together haha ohhh well!

Love from everyone even the cats....and the brown bin washerman

ISDM
xxx

stoney
06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
thats ok jane..ill just wind up that u forgot me and the boys ;-) lol
so whats the plan 4 celebrating ur bday ? x

Oluwa
06-06-2009, 06:35 PM
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu21/OhLooWah/LorisCake.jpg
Your birthday wish...a chocolate cake!
Happy Birthday to you, Lori....blow...make a wish!
Birthday hugs...squeeze.
Love,
Oluwa

AyahsClan
06-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Happily Ever After

On your birthday, special one,
I wish that all your dreams come true.
May your day be filled with joy,
Wonderful gifts and goodies, too.

On your day I wish for you
Favorite people to embrace,
Loving smiles and caring looks
That earthly gifts cannot replace.

I wish you fine and simple pleasures.
I wish you many years of laughter.
I wish you all of life’s best treasures.
I wish you happily ever after!

Happy Birthday!

By Joanna Fuchs

DreaminDutch
06-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Yay a Birthday!!! I'm so glad you were born. May you have loads of wonderful home made cake and loved ones to share your day with. Hmmm? Cake......
I think I'll make one and think of you.
Warmest of wishes...
karen

Delphinia981
06-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Yay Lori!! It's Sunday here now...so enjoy yourself!!

Best wishes on your special day!!

rob
06-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Happy Birthday Lori!

Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

Monique89
06-07-2009, 04:02 AM
I hope you have a fantastic day today!!
Happy Birthday!!
Its 9pm on Sunday night here, but im pretty sure its only the morning where you are, so have a great day!!

Pearl
06-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Happy Birthday Lori!!

Rastagirl
06-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Ahhhhhh....you guys are so sweet! Thanks Angel for starting this thread for me....you are the BEST.

And Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to each of you for the kind wishes....and the chocolate Birthday cake, Oluwa......and the lovely poem, Ayahs....and my Latin message, Marla.....and the kisses from MJ....you guys have gotten my special day off to a great start.

Not sure exactly what the plan is today...my family always surprises me. What I'm hoping for ?? ....(and I have dropped hints).....

A day that is all mine....Sleeping in, no housework, absolutely NO laundry, in fact no work of any kind.... :) and I mean that!

and nobody asking me "Mom, where is my ____________?

I will head downstairs now and request that a Pink Floyd concert be played on the big screen....and CRANKED for the right atmosphere. The right atmosphere is very important on your Birthday. Pink Floyd will be followed by my buddy Bob Marley and his Wailers.

I am hoping my day will be filled with Love, Fun and lots of Kisses and Hugs.

Oh and a big Chocolate Cake...with candles....only 46 of them. and Haggen-daz ice cream...Chocolate Fudge Brownie, with the little brownie chunks. :yumyum:

Later, I'm hoping to have dinner at that lovely restaurant overlooking the lake, where I had lunch the other day. I perused their dinner menu, and they have some amazing fresh seafood I simply must try. With dinner, I will have my traditional Mai Tai....and probably more dessert. Just because.

(Can you tell I love food?)

For one of my presents, yesterday I treated myself to a deluxe manicure/pedicure and it was unbelievable. They were busy, so they sat me in the full massage chair to begin with and left me there for 30 minutes. I fell asleep. When I woke, I was completely pampered....at one point there were 2 ladies working on me at once. I told them about my painful wrist that needs surgery and they slathered on some expensive green mud stuff, wrapped my hands in steaming hot, aroma therapy towels and let me sit for 10 minutes. First it was soothing cold...then steaming hot. It was heavenly! And today, there is no pain in my wrist at all. What a Birthday present. (I'm considering breaking into the salon later and stealing the green mud... :lmao: )

Anyway, I'm off to start my day.....thanks again, to each one of you, my friends, for your wonderful birthday wishes. I appreciate each and every one.

Seize the Day!!!!

much Love,

:cool2: Lori

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
glad youhave had such a great day to your birthday already!!! and i look forward to hearing all about your birthday adventures!!! the food, the places, the laughter and love xx enjoy every minute of it lori you desrve every second xxx

Angel Oliver
06-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh Lori sounds like a dream day to me.Mmmmmall my favorites too...FOOD :)
Just enjoy it all cause you deserve it my dear friend.

Lots of love and jealousy at all the chocolate lol.
Amanda.xxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
06-07-2009, 09:13 PM
sending birthday wishes to one of the nicest people i have ever met. (i hope to meet in person one day). Lori, you bring such comfort, joy, laughter, and spiritual guidance to so many people, and we all appreciate you.

I was hoping you would go back to the restaurant by the lake.....can't wait to hear what dinner you enjoyed....don't leave out the slightes detail, even tell us about the bread.

pink floyd first thing in the morning, sounds like a perfect start to a prefect day.

Rastagirl
06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Ahhhh....thank you, so much, Phyllis....now my Birthday is complete. I was hoping you wouldn't miss it. I feel the same about you...and truly hope that we get that chance to meet in person. I already PM'd you with my dinner details....but I'm going to share ALL the details of my special day....

I was taken shopping and got to pick out a new Patio table Umbrella....chose one in Chili Red....as well as some new pillows for my patio furntiture and a patio side table so I can sit with a cool drink in my Patio Glider. Oh yeah...my husband and son brought my patio furniture out of storage....so my back deck is complete.

My 'spoil me rotten' birthday dinner is as follows......

My husband took me to an expensive seafood restaurant, McCormick & Schmicks. Fresh seafood flown in today. Here's the complete rundown....(keep in mind, I only get this like once a year...very spendy)

Started off with a Mai Tai....just because! :veryhappy:

next, Hot Crab, Shrimp & Spinach dip with toast rounds....

Husband orders a Covey Run Cabernet...mmmmm! I try a taste.

next, sourdough bread with whipped butter....

Ceasar Salad....I asked & they chopped it real small for my tiny airway..... :veryhappy:

The best seafood chowder on the planet....

Now my Mai Tai is gone....along comes a glass of the wine....

Main Course........Alaskan King Crab, flown in this morning...and get this.....caught on the "Early Dawn" fishing vessel that appears on the Discovery channel show, 'Dangerous Catch'.

OMG...I watch that show....I'm amazed....it's the absolute best King Crab I have ever, ever eaten.....especially followed with a sip of Covey Run after each bite. *she giggles*......

This meal comes with white rice and lovely asparagus.

My husband shares one of his jumbo prawns with me.....

I'm thinking, at this point, I have now died and gone straight to heaven.

I excuse myself to the ladies room....powder my nose......and on my return I find.......

a free Birthday dessert plate with a small Creme Brulee and 2 hot fudge brownies topped with real whipped cream....with a candle for me.

My wish...before I blew out the candle ??? That one is secret....but I'm expecting it later tonight.....

Many thanks, again, for all your wishes......

Love,

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-08-2009, 05:46 AM
WOW lori sounds like you had great birthday soo pleased for ya much love xx

magistramarla
06-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Mmmmm,
I adore seafood, so that meal sounds dreamy to me. When we get moved to California, I've promised to serve LOTS more fresh seafood at home, and I'm looking forward to living right next to Fisherman's Wharf. I'm sure that I will attempt to OD on seafood.
What a nice B-day. Your family did a great job!
Marla

Angel Oliver
06-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Thats what i call a fab birthday Lori.So glad you had a fab day.Now....im a bit afraid to ask about the secret :) mmmm think i may not ask!!!

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

Rastagirl
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Thats what i call a fab birthday Lori.So glad you had a fab day.Now....im a bit afraid to ask about the secret :) mmmm think i may not ask!!!

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

Probably best.....

:) :)

Saysusie
06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Rastagirl;
I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday and your description of your meal actually made me salivate (a bit Pavlovian I know).
I could hear the joy in your words:yes:.

I am also so glad that you were able to go back to the restaurant that you enjoyed so much. Sounds like an absolutely perfect day! Once again..Happy Belated Birthday!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

gina
06-09-2009, 05:47 AM
:fam21:Hope you had a nice birthday

Rastagirl
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Thank You very, very, very, very much.....each one of you.

I truly appreciate your well wishes..... :yes:

You all helped make my Birthday a very special one! :fest30:

Hugs,

abbasgirl
06-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for sharing that and all the details too. Girlfriend, you should write a book. You write things so well!

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful bday, Lori. You certainly deserve it and then some.

See if you can find out what that green mud is.