PDA

View Full Version : skin question...

pandagirl
06-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Having been newly diagnosed with "mixed connective tissue disorder"..the lupus platter, as I call it. Can anyone tell me if they get puffy fingers and tight skin on face or does this sound more like sclero???

Delphinia981
06-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Panda,

I've had both...and I DEFINATELY have Lupus. I'd have them explore both avenues, though. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water, and stay away from imflammatory foods like red meat, caffiene, alcohol, and dairy. That's made a gigantic difference for me!!

abbasgirl
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
My fingers get puffy...but then I'm still waiting on a diagnosis. I've got that "platter" diagnosis too.

pandagirl
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
thanks for the info...I go to new Rheumy this Thursday...I hope we pin this down a little better. I have had symptoms of fibro/lupus for 5 years and tested neg..til now .I have + ANA and + ds-dna. Just the past 2 weeks the skin got tight on my hands and face...I am loading on lotion and I always drink water. I have also cut sugar down tremendously for the pain control..I think it helped. I also eat pineapple every day..it has anti inflam properties. I am still in the "holy crap, this is not really happening "mode!! I am afraid as soon as I tell the doc about the skin, she will conclude sclero, and I will really crap my pants!!! Did your skin stay tight or does it vary??Mine keeps fluctuating. Along with weird indents in my skin (small colorless pock like marks)???Blahhhhhh.

Delphinia981
06-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Panda,

Mine only lasts a day or so, but I'm also on some pretty powerful anti-inflammatories. I have those "wierd indents" on my face (mainly around where my malar rash would be), but nowhere else. Sounds like you are on the right track with eating anti-inflammatory foods (there is another topic that I started on "Diet" in this section as well...with even more foods to eat/stay away from) and drinking water. I hope your new rheumy can give you some peace. Please keep us posted!