PDA

View Full Version : A Blood Pressure Med That May Work

DrinkofWtr
06-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Looks like my Dr. may have finally stumbled upon a second blood pressure medicine that may work for me. It is called Clonidine and is an alpha blocker. I am crossing my fingers and hoping I will be able to tolerate it, along with the Atenolol. The first dose I took made me a little dizzy but the last two days my main side effect has been a dry mouth and nose (although my nose is always dry from sinuses). I started to get a sore throat last night, but tried to nip it in the bud with a Theraflu type lemonade drink. It seemed to help and I finally got to sleep around midnight. I have had such an array of side effects from other BP medicines from diarrehea to dizziness to heart palpatations! I am praying that I can tolerate this one!

Next appointment, I need my Dr. to check and see if I have an inner ear problem. A friend said I seem to have a balance problem and vere to the right when walking. I get dizzy easily too, and have severe motion sickness. I heard there are some tests they can doto check for this problem.

KATROACH1972
06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I am very sensitive to bp, and really any other medicines. I was on one before, but it kept making my heart race. i am currently on metoprolol, and atenolol. both half tablets. I actually dont notice any sideffects. My bp still 120/90=130/90, but better then 170/110! bE Careful with any cold, flu, sinus medicines since you have high bp. They can make it alot higher. I have to stick to just Benedryls, for allergies. I also have fast heartbeat and the metoprolol helped that 2! Hope you feel better soon! hugs Kathy

DrinkofWtr
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Looks like after months of trying to find an additional blood pressure med, the Dr. found one I can take. I will be seeing him in about a month and a half for followup.

KATROACH1972
06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Thats great! good luck with that! Hugs Kathy