PDA

View Full Version : New, ? on the natural approach to fighting lupus

Stormy
06-28-2005, 02:51 PM
I was diagnosed with lupus 2 years ago. I have RA, Sjogrenís disease, Fibrmyalgia, Raynaud's and interstitial lung disease. All in all I feel very good. The only meds I take right now is methylprednisolone 2mg per day and I have to use 2 inhalers to help me breath. Like most lupus patients I would like to get off the prednisolone. I have been reading about glyconutrients and was wondering if anyone else has tried this and does it work? If so which ones have you tried?

Iím not sure what to try and donít want to buy a bunch of junk to set on the shelf. I am also thinking about trying the Mirac but donít know if I should try them together or do one at the time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

madthumbs
06-29-2005, 05:39 AM
It's probably a good idea to avoid supplements because many aren't natural, are fake, or made of things that may cause flares.

I would try ruling out mild allergies like soy, canola, peanut, sesame, etc. Keep in mind that soy can show up in makeup, cars, and all kinds of foods. Infact it's very hard to find foods that don't have soy or canola in them. I believe both are bad for you even if you're not allergic.

Juicing and whole food supplements may be safe. Make sure the whole food supplements don't have anything that could cause a bad reaction. Juicing tends to involve quite a bit of cleanup, but it should give you an energy boost to help.

I'm sharing natural cures they don't want you to know about cd in mp3 on ed2k if you happen to use the p2p network.

hatlady
07-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi!

The only suplements I've tried are fish oil and glucosamine. Fish oil especially is helpful with inflamation, if your'e truly vegetarian, try flax oil instead. Glucosamine is from fish product (or shellfisn?) as well. I don't take the one with chondroitin, as that is from beef.

I also take a teaspoon of turumeric every day, in with some ground flax seed. An acquired taste, to be sure, but it helps with joint pain.

As with all things, I recommend passing the list of what you may consider taking past your rheumatologist -- or at least your pharmacist!

Missy
07-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I also think it's important to work with a Naturopath to make sure you are using supplements that complement your Western medicines, but don;t tax your kidneys, for example.

Missy

hatlady
07-14-2005, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Missy. I'm going to look up a Naturopath in my area.

pandinita
08-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Missy. I'm going to look up a Naturopath in my area.Hatlady. Did you find a Naturopath and if so, what have you learned? Nita :)

hatlady
08-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Pandinita;

Sorry, I haven't had a chance! Work has been busy and honestly, it slipped my mind. Will have to put it back on that pesky "to do" list..

Amazing how time flies, isn't it?

THanks for reminding me!

pandinita
08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Pandinita;

Sorry, I haven't had a chance! Work has been busy and honestly, it slipped my mind. Will have to put it back on that pesky "to do" list..

Amazing how time flies, isn't it?

THanks for reminding me!You are welcome.... At least now I have the excuse that it is the Lupus/drugs when I don't remember. If it doesn't go on the list as the thought passes my mind, could be days before I think of it again. I have been reading this forum message board for several days. I commend you for the way you talk to people.