PDA

View Full Version : Happy national donut day!

Rastagirl
06-05-2009, 12:38 AM
http://talkwiththepreacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/pink_sprinkled_donut.jpg

I just thought you all might like to know it's NATIONAL DONUT DAY in the USA.....

Hope yours is a Happy one! I know I plan to head to Krispy Kreme as soon as it's light.

This is one Holiday I plan to indulge in..... :fest30:

Enjoy!

:cool2: Lori

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-05-2009, 03:37 AM
OOOH i love i think uk need a donut day too!!!
hmmmmmmmmm doonnuutttttss!!!!!!!
lmao :-)

iseedeadmonkeys
06-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Hahaha you guys make me smile :)

**lets go to the krispy kreme factory...and get our free one**

hehe
ISDM
xxx

rob
06-05-2009, 05:08 AM
In honor of this very important day, I will be going to Dunkin Donuts to pay my respects.

Angel Oliver
06-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Mmmmmmm think i need to move home!! xxxx

Oluwa
06-05-2009, 06:10 AM
I look at a donut hole and I get fat.

L.,
O.

Rastagirl
06-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Morning, guys...

In Portland, Oregon we have a shop called Voodoo Donuts. It's absolutely amazing. They have some of the most bizarre donuts you'll probably ever find.

There are donuts with Fruit Loops and a donut with maple bar icing and real crispy bacon on top....they even had a Nyquil donut....to help you sleep....but had to stop that one, as I believe the FDA got involved. :)

When Anthony Bourdain did one of his No Reservations shows in Portland, he visited Voodoo Donuts.

They are quite popular here....I'll bet they are swamped with business on this special day.

Just thought I'd share this tidbit....if you ever come visit us....you must stop in at Voodoo Donuts.

What better combination could there be....a Friday and a National Donut Day.

Hugs,

Lori :heart:

DrinkofWtr
06-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Oh donuts, the bane of my existence? I just love them, but lo they have put many a pound on me!!!

Rastagirl
06-05-2009, 08:01 AM
I look at a donut hole and I get fat.

L.,
O.

Might I suggest you simply close your eyes..... :lmao:

Rasta :grin69:

SuperGiv
06-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Hehe i'm gonna celebrate doughnut day for the UK. WOuld liek some Krispy Kreme but figured Tesco's pink doughnuts will have to do lol!!

Angel Oliver
06-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I hope tesco gets some of the sleeping donuts just for me.xx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Angel......Would you like a "special ingredient" to put in ure doughnut?

I know a very good space cake recipe :)

ISDM
xxx

Angel Oliver
06-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh Jane...you are sooooo funny....give it me now :)xxxx

dsunshine
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I wish I had known it was national donut day before I got into work today as I would have stopped and gotten a devils food and a glaze twist...YUMMY! Donuts taste so good in the morning with coffee which I now water down so much to watch the caffeine intake but still enjoy once in a while! Thanks for the info...I wonder if I can still celebrate this day when my sister comes back from Jamaica on Sunday...she loves donuts!

Rastagirl
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
*Rasta giggles and officially puts in a request from ISDM for the space cake recipe*

http://www.greetings.ca/Donuts.jpg

Here are some more donuts for your viewing pleasure!

:)

Rastagirl
06-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I wish I had known it was national donut day before I got into work today as I would have stopped and gotten a devils food and a glaze twist...YUMMY! Donuts taste so good in the morning with coffee which I now water down so much to watch the caffeine intake but still enjoy once in a while! Thanks for the info...I wonder if I can still celebrate this day when my sister comes back from Jamaica on Sunday...she loves donuts!

OMG, your sister is in Jamaica...my absolute FAVORITE place in the world!! I went last June for my 25th Anniversary....and did not want to come home ever.

I believe we shall extend Donut Day through Sunday or Monday, so you and your sister can indulge.

Lori :cool2:

Angel Oliver
06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh Lori,

how cruel to show me that delish...box...omg...look so tasty as well.xxxx

Pearl
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
There's only one day per year for this? And I missed it? An outrage! Sacrilege! I'll probably lose sleep!!!

oh, that's right, I'm an insomniac. So not only will I be wide awake, cross-eyed, and seeing double for all of the regular reasons, but now I'll be hallucinating donuts in the process.

Which will only make me hungry. And of course, the only food that will satisfy my midnight cravings tonight will be a daggummed (hey, I'm an Okie, ok?) donut!!! :)

KATROACH1972
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Thats funny I didnt know that, but I told my hubby earlier, I am craving a big strawberry iced donut! haha hugs KAthy

abbasgirl
06-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Everyday is donut day in the south...as well as pecan pie days, and peach cobbler days, and... you name it.

My Mom used to work at a Krispy Kreme when I was a kid. She'd bring home fresh donuts every day and hot cocoa. Sweet memories.

I have got to check out the Voodoo donuts. That is wild! Lol.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-06-2009, 08:23 AM
OMG !!!!!
reading this thread has just made me laugh laugh and laugh!!!! :-) :-) :-)

oluwa and "I look at a donut hole and I get fat." - me too

rastagirl and her Voodoo Donuts - so think they need one in essex england!!

and "Might I suggest you simply close your eyes..... " creased up gone try that one see if it works!!!!

and oooh how i remember dunkin donuts mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i think every day should be dont day :yes: