PDA

View Full Version : no definite diagnosis, but...

scarlet13
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone! I accidentally posted in the wrong forum first, so I wanted to introduce myself again. I found this site recently and it has helped me so much already to hear everyone's stories and advice. I'm so glad you guys are out there. I went to the rheumatologist yesterday and she basically said that she cannot really give a clear diagnosis as some of my labwork is more indicative of SLE and some of a mixed connective tissue disorder and it may take some time for a definite diagnosis. But at the advice I recievied here, I insisted on getting my symptoms treated even though I don't have a clear diagnosis. So she started me on prednisone 10mg, Arava, and flexeril. I guess she would prefer I be on some different meds, but I also have a lymph node that has been extremely swollen for months that I am having biopsied to rule out lymphoma so this is what she felt safest giving me for now. But I feel a little better already just knowing something is being done to help me feel better. I am so glad there are places like this where I can talk about how I am feeling and ask questions. I may not have a clear diagnosis, but I can tell from reading the posts here that you all know how I feel. Thanks for this site.
-Gayle

dsunshine
06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi Gayle and welcome.
Sorry no clear diagnosis but I am sure it is close...a name to what you feel and are going through will be welcome relief I am sure!
Yes you have come to the right place for understanding, friendship, comfort and to vent! No one will judge you and always will share their stories and follow up with you on how you are doing.
Welcome again and please keep us all posted on your diagnosis and you overall!

Oluwa
06-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi Gayle..

I am Oluwa...welcome. We do know how you feel...and you have found a safe place to discuss your feelings about your illness. No hard diagnosis required here.

It is comfort knowing help is on the way. Not getting any treatment, not knowing our minds can run rampant, wild...with all the what ifs and buts.

Lots of ways to make friends here, find the support from anyone and me that you need...we have the forum, personal visitor pages..private messaging...friendly gaming...Again welcome, Gayle.

Enjoy this day..I am.
Keep looking for your wellness.
Love,
Oluwa