PDA

View Full Version : discoid lesions, any help???

pamjw
06-04-2009, 06:15 AM
I have lesions on my face mainly my cheek bones, they keep spreading and I get so frustrated with it. I wear high sunscreen daily protective clothing etc.
I am on plaquinal (for years) and prednisone. 3 different topical cream and nothing seems to help. They are so ugly.
I was wondering if anyone can relate or if anyone has any suggestions?

Looking for help,
Pam

:hissyfit:

Oluwa
06-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi Pam...

Are your topical creams steroids? If so, what are the strengths? Too strong and too much they could be causing a chemical burn...I had that happen to a whole body rash. I was a chemical burn more than the rash...an old fart duster dermo was treating me and he didn't know the difference between them. Nor did I at first, thought it was a different rash but just spreading...

I do not have discoid lupus..but I was reading..

Have you tried steroid injections into the lesions? In severe resistant lesions it reads...may require antileproasy drugs such as thalidomide or Dapsone, or azathioprine (Imuran) or nitrogen mustard ointment...It says the mustard ointment is messy and has to be administered in a hospital...

This info is from my "The Lupus Book"

Hope this helps a bit..

Love,
Oluwa

NoodleMom
06-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Ive got them too. I am going in today to get a prednisone shot right in my behinder.I couldnt handle the oral med pack they wanted me to take. I also have a steroid cream I put on them and an oil type thing for the ones on my scalp.

K

RedHairAngel
06-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I didn't have lessions on my face but on my arms my doctor put me back on Imuran and prescribed antibodics and withing in a week my sores lightend up and are fading. I noticed when I used to the topical stuff my lessions looked redder and worse and actually irritated my skin more. Good luck I know how frustrating it can be.

Debbi

NoodleMom
06-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh yea, she doubled my Imuran also. I knew I was forgetting something in my last post.
K

DrinkofWtr
06-05-2009, 07:36 AM
I have discoid lesions too and they suck. I don't have any specific cream for them. I assume they are treated with a steroid cream. Is the what Imuran is? I must sound stupid, but I have never addressed them as I have so many other medical issues on going.