PDA

View Full Version : Dread Leaving Home

DrinkofWtr
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Lately, I dread leaving home. The traffic is so bad where I live, it seems that everyday I have a near miss accident (not always a near miss that is my fault either). Then when I go into the stores, the lines are so long and (for some reason) my patience so thin.

Compound that by the people one has to deal with everyday. Incidentally, Does anyone know of a good book that would help me with people skills? I know this is something I really need to work on. Thanks for listening.

Angel Oliver
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I have 3 books i read but not sure if theyre what you need...but will help you.

1.Feel the fear and do it anyway-Susan Jeffers
2.Ease the struggle and dance with life.
3.A guide to rational living (Thanks J).x

Hope ive helped a little but i so understand what you mean.You try and keep safe.
love
Amanda.xxxxx

mountaindreamer
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
hi drinkofwtr,

drivinig in crowded conditions is more difficult now, because your reaction time is probably slower...i know mine is. I have taught myself to slow down, keep more distance between me and other vehicles, and i don't do anything but drive. I can tell that my reflexes have gotten slower, and this is how i continue to get around in atlanta traffic.

as far as long lines in stores, if i don't feel good, i don't hesitate to use one of the motorized shopping carts. This makes it much easier to wait in line....it is sometimes impossible to be polite when you are just so miserable and in so much pain....

DrinkofWtr
06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Mountaindreamer and Angel,

My reaction time has always been slow. When I was in driver training in high school eons ago, I was told I had the slowest reaction time of anyone in the class. Now with the lupus, my reaction time is slower than ever. Fortunately, I try to leave lots of room between me and other vehicles, but some vehicle always sneaks in. Usually someone in a big hurry!

Thanks for the book recommendations, Angel. I really appreciate it.

Drink