PDA

View Full Version : Hands up.....

iseedeadmonkeys
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Who has ever had a medical assesment RE Benefits??!!

I know the goverment is cracking down on the BBB (bad back brigade aka time wasters), ive got an assesment date for 19th this month at 09:20 (miles away....really looking forward to waking up at stupid o clock in the morning i can say!)

My question is hands up who has been for one?
And what is gonna happen, im quite scared (even though im under 3 consultants) i get nervous round health care proffesions who dont no me nor my LUPUS,

Info needed...from the info fairy please

love
ISDM
xxx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-02-2009, 12:31 PM
hay darling i been to one!!!!!

thier assessing you on the day so few tips!!!!

no matter how good you feel play it down;
- don't put make up on ( know you don't really any ways incase others are reading!0

-wear clothes with not to much effort needed putting on, i even got asked about how i put my bra on!!

-sounds minging i know but wouldn't have shower/baths

-try not to be carring any thing including handbag, purse, keys

One important thing make sure you take some one with you!!!! don't ever go to one on your own

they asked me to do thing like bending over to touch toes sitting up on a high bed laying down on it then sitting back up

and reading my report they mention thing like being able to open doors, being in a postive mood that i mention i have tried to do some exercise that i held a small hand bag, that i had mention it hurt to sit for 20 mins yet it took me 20 mins to get there ( not that they understood the pain i was in !!)

and when i had to go back quite simular to first time but more people behind the desk they asked thing about shopping i mention about haivng to buy thing in smaller quantities 2 pints of milk instead of four, 4 baking potatoes instead of huge bag oh and this was where they asked me abotu bra and i had imbaressing tell them how i do up in front and turn it round and they asked me how many showers i took and how easy or hard i find to wipe my bum!!! joking i am not!! so you have to leave your pride at the door when you go to one of these!!

but to be honest if i get one now cause of all the stress they caused me last time and the fact the have now moved it pet house ( janey you know where i mean!! lol) to southend or colchester my doctors right a letter i send off to say i can not attend it and the reasons and they either say they come to the house for house visit ( which they never turned up too!!) or they say it all ok and just wait till next time they send form throu!!

hopes this help my deary ask any questions you have xxxx

mountaindreamer
06-02-2009, 02:50 PM
hey jane,

i have no experience with this, but heidi brought up a great idea. Could your dr. write a letter explaining that you can not make such a long trip without causing pain? Maybe they would just approve you without having to go through such an embarrassing interview.

so sorry you have to do this....play it up, put on your acting costume, and don't let them trick you.

iseedeadmonkeys
06-04-2009, 04:32 AM
Hahaha yeah i cant begin to imagine the loss of dignity heidi had to go thru,
just not looking forward to it at all,
im going to it, but i was gonna go ask for a cortisone injection but dont think il bother, it will be better for them to see the full affect of the lupus?!

i need to just to plod along for the next few weeks, im really feelin awful atm, the steroids are completely out of my system and the fatigue and weakness is so hard to cope with which the hot weather really isnt helping, im not going out anywhere, i havnt left the house in over a week (i just cant do it) Anyway roll on 19th june

ISDM

mountaindreamer
06-04-2009, 04:49 AM
alright, the 19th of june is on my calendar...sorry you have to stay so miserable until then, but you have many friends to help you. It is such a shame that you have to let your disease run rampant just to get the benefits that you deserve.

take care, have a great day.

Angel Oliver
06-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Hi Jane,

Unfortunately ive had this where i had to see a Doctor who was impartial.They asked me to go miles away.I rang and spoke to an arrogant tosser on the phone and i told him.....if i could get on a bus and go to town to come to an appointment,i would be able to go to work too.Ive not been out for weeks and have'nt slept for (at the time) 5 days so there is no way i get to your appointment.Oh what an arrogant non medical twirp he was.He was not gonna help me.He did nt understand why i couldnt get on a bus s i asked him to arrange a taxi.Oh the attitude i got with asking that question.In the end i said forget it...stop my benefits im too sick to listen to you any more...and i hung up.
I got a call straight back with an apology! A home appointment was arranged and the Doctor arrived.He was so lovely.I was too sick to even stand though so when i was asked to touch my feet i nearly fell.....was funny.I hurt so bad that day so he seemed t realise and was nice with me.
So as for the day....do as Heidi said.....always think of your worst day as you have more bad than good days.Talk about and think of them as you answer.
It annoys me so much.....as we would love to work,live life as we used to, have a good social network,go on holidays.Instead we suffer and have them hounding us like we shouldnt get the benefits.I put into the system all my working life.Now im being hounded constantly.Yet there are the people who sit on their step with a can of beer....have a car and holidays.....so not fair.
Goodluck Jane.....im sure you'll be fine.Not as scarey as i thought but that was cause i had a home visit.Maybe you can call em and say you feel t ill and you are on Met....the chemo drug and you need a home visit?Just a thought!
lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Hey cheers girls...

Thanx mountain thats really sweet of you, i kno its a pain in the bum having to let it ruin me for a few weeks but to date it has been for my whole life so i hope i can get thru these few weeks, i really need to kick myself up the bum cause the stupid thing is making me weaker and weaker, yesterday Norma came over to see me, i couldnt hardly move she tried to get me to go out but i physically couldnt move, this hot weather is soo draining, and the thought of going to this appointment apart from making me really nervous....HANG ON!! why am i feelin like this for?? Why should i have to feel nervous for summin i cant control? this is tedeous!!

Im just gonna go with the flow, they will see the full blow of the lupus, and as for touching my feet...they can sod off im not affecting my back like that! hmm i must find my letter of my xray results my pills i have to take also i think il just take my repeat prescription with me i WILL NOT lay on a bed if its not my own, they are in for a long run when they see me.

I spoke to Christopher (my brother) and he said he was only in there for 2 mins then left,
I like the way its on a bloody 6th floor!! if they dont have a lift then they can come down to meet me in the lobby! the cheeky swanks!!

Right what now?

ISDM

Angel Oliver
06-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Once you have all your documents and xray you need to prove you are sick...NOW you just forget about it and dont think about it again.You have enough to worry about.Just sit in your garden in the shade and try and enjoy!!xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
06-04-2009, 05:40 AM
lol angel

yes mum!!!!

:)

xxx

Angel Oliver
06-04-2009, 05:50 AM
:) yes i did sound a bit matter of fact there lol....so do it now!! :) x

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
hay mrses i spoke to ya today i know but just wanted to repeat myself i like to to do that i know lol
get doc letter to add your collection and please don't go on your own if you go other than that don't worry to much like you said nothing you can control and i'm there for ya mate at end of phone line either via or phone or internet!!! xxxxx

froggal
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Jane, I will also mark that day on the calender and keep you in my thoughts. I dont know how similar they are but I have had to go thru the whole disability doctors exam here in the states, and I tell you what . . . It was NO FUN at all. They were very prying, and in my opinion asked questions that did not even pertain to lupus. Good luck! I will keep you in my thoughts that day!!

debbie-b
06-06-2009, 01:02 PM
hay darling i been to one!!!!!

thier assessing you on the day so few tips!!!!

no matter how good you feel play it down;
- don't put make up on ( know you don't really any ways incase others are reading!0

-wear clothes with not to much effort needed putting on, i even got asked about how i put my bra on!!

-sounds minging i know but wouldn't have shower/baths

-try not to be carring any thing including handbag, purse, keys

One important thing make sure you take some one with you!!!! don't ever go to one on your own

they asked me to do thing like bending over to touch toes sitting up on a high bed laying down on it then sitting back up

and reading my report they mention thing like being able to open doors, being in a postive mood that i mention i have tried to do some exercise that i held a small hand bag, that i had mention it hurt to sit for 20 mins yet it took me 20 mins to get there ( not that they understood the pain i was in !!)

and when i had to go back quite simular to first time but more people behind the desk they asked thing about shopping i mention about haivng to buy thing in smaller quantities 2 pints of milk instead of four, 4 baking potatoes instead of huge bag oh and this was where they asked me abotu bra and i had imbaressing tell them how i do up in front and turn it round and they asked me how many showers i took and how easy or hard i find to wipe my bum!!! joking i am not!! so you have to leave your pride at the door when you go to one of these!!

but to be honest if i get one now cause of all the stress they caused me last time and the fact the have now moved it pet house ( janey you know where i mean!! lol) to southend or colchester my doctors right a letter i send off to say i can not attend it and the reasons and they either say they come to the house for house visit ( which they never turned up too!!) or they say it all ok and just wait till next time they send form throu!!

hopes this help my deary ask any questions you have xxxx

I am so shocked reading this. Isn't it enough, that we lost our health, do we have to loose our dignity too? I have read something on a german lupus forum, that made me so angry, I was shaking. A woman had to go to a doctor that works with the disablity thing( can't think of the word, Mr. brain fog is with me) anyway the woman went inside and the doc. told her to sit down, she declined because it hurts her knees and her hips to sit, so this so called doctor hit her in her kneecaps, she had no choice but fall onto the chair behind her and he then said to her " see you can sit down, it's easy". She was in so much pain that she cried. I think I would have decked the bastard. I am still angry when I think about it.

Debbie

tiggerlishus - Heidi
06-06-2009, 01:29 PM
tell me about it!! i could of died considering the second time i went it was in front of three of four men mr brain fog is with me too!! lol having to talk about thing in front of women but men it is why now if i get lets say invited to one of these i get my gp involved from the begning!!
not that i want ISDM to read this and stress more cause your gone be fine darling no matter what!! love ya x