PDA

View Full Version : Somac

Monique89
06-02-2009, 02:50 AM
I am on 40mg a day of Somac. Apparently its meant to coat my stomach so the prednisolone doesnt make me feel sick etc.
Is anyone else on this?? It sure isnt working to stop me feeling sick from the plaquenil so im wondering if its even worth taking...although maybe if i didnt it would be a lot worse...

mountaindreamer
06-02-2009, 06:40 PM
hi monique,

i am not familiar with somac....i found that the negative side effects of plaquenil subsided with time.....hope time will do the same for you.

justanangel
06-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi, I was on Somac for 5 years, it is supposed to help with stomach problems eg indigestion, ulcers, caused by anti inflammatories, and prednisolone etc. It did help with the that, although I was on somac twice a day (80mg) my tummy was so bad. I am now on nexium instead since my last trip into hospital, they would not give me Somac.

Doesn't help with nausea though.

Cheers

Helen

iseedeadmonkeys
06-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Never heard of Somac,

I got given 15mg Lansoprazole to take mon tue and wed, for help with stomach issues

me
x

kim,l
06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
hi monique i to am on 40 somac a day as well as prednisone and plaqenil it is suppose to help with stomach upsets i find if i do not take it i can feel nauseas and suffer stomach pain talk to your doctor if this is not working maybe he can suggest something else.