PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

pandagirl
05-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Symptomatic for five years and recently had a Pos ANA and DS-DNA...always total Lupus symptoms...diagnosis..'mixed connective'..now having the feeling of tight skin on face and puffy tight fingers...anyone else..or do yo think Scleroderma which I just read about and cried more than the Lupus!!!HELP!!!!:wacko:

abbasgirl
05-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Everyone here can relate. ((((hugs))))

Mine was mixed connective tissue for quite a few months before it changed...again. It can be scary and frustrating, but remember that eventually we do get the diagnosis/diagnoses. Keep going in for blood tests regularly and hang in there. I looked at scleroderma too at one point and it is very scary. But don't let your research shake you up. Your symptoms could be anything. Which scares me more than anything else, but only if I let it.

Don't stress out... you'll feel much worse, okay? Stress is a nasty trigger.

Delphinia981
06-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Abba is right...we CAN relate! I've had a terrible time for years getting a diagnosis...and just a few weeks ago, was finally diagnosed with Lupus. As scary as it is, it's nice to know what I'm up against.

She's also right in saying that stress is a nasty trigger and not to let things you find on the internet upset you. I mean, the symptoms of severe heartburn can mimic symptoms of a heart attack...just put your faith in your doctors (and if you don't have faith in them, get new ones), and be patient. Trust me...I know it's hard...it took 16 years for me to get a diagnosis...but it will come.

Best of luck to you!!

Oluwa
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Pandagirl...

Don't fright and cry...it could just be edema. Today I woke with tight swollen shiny face, fingers and ankles a common symptom of Lupus...

Do make an appointment with you doctor..most fears never evolve into anything more but just a fear. So worry not...

Love and hugs,
Oluwa